VIDEO GAME AWARDS 2012 - VOTE NOW

Started by shadowDOESrock, November 16, 2012, 09:38:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

shadowDOESrock

Spike TV today announced the nominees of "VGA TEN" – the network's tenth annual live televised event to celebrate the best in video games. VGA TEN, hosted by Samuel L. Jackson, will feature exclusive world premieres as well as musical performances by Linkin Park and Tenacious D. The interactive multiplatform special will premiere LIVE from Sony Picture Studios in Culver City, CA on Friday, December 7 at 9:00 PM ET/6:00 PM PT on Spike TV. Additionally, VGA TEN will simulcast on MTV 2, MTV Tr3s, Xbox LIVE, Spike.com and GameTrailers.com.

Exclusive New Trailers, Games and other gaming-related stuff will be revealed during the show!

I'll be on the lookout for a Metal Gear Solid: Ground Zeroes trailer with Snakes on a Plane.

Here are Music Shortcuts for the Music-Based Categories

Best Song in a Game Shortcuts
--
Castle of Glass by Linkin Park

Cities by Beck

I Was Born For This by Austin Wintory

Tears by Health

Best OST in a Game Shortcuts
--
Black Ops 2

Halo 4

Journey

Max Payne 3

jkid101094

I really don't care for any of the choices in a lot of these categories.

Quote from: DracoDraco:  Saber was my bitch LONG before you heard about her.  I introduced you to FSN, loser.  D<
Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

Says you. She likes me more. D<
And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

TheGameNinja

I hope they give out more than one friggin award on air. Last year they aired ONE on stage award. They just said who won what before and after commercials. The rest was dumb celebrity stuff and them playing angry birds or something backstage.

jkid101094

I know NONE of you guys like or are voting for sports games so do jkiddy a favor and vote for WWE '13.

Quote from: DracoDraco:  Saber was my bitch LONG before you heard about her.  I introduced you to FSN, loser.  D<
Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

Hakudamashi

OR ELSE!
Compliments to our Goddess for this piece of superspecialawesome!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

jkid101094

Quote from: windlessusher on November 21, 2012, 05:17:36 PM
People still care?
Well if WWE '13 gets a GotY award THQ might do something for it.

Not having the Hardy Brothers is un-fucking-excusable.

Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

Hakudamashi

OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

jkid101094

Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

Tanassy

They're having financial issues since a few months now.

Though if they win an award I'm sure SOMEONE will want to buy them out.

Sorry though Jkid, I chose SSX.
Because SSX is absolutely fucking spectacular and there needs to be more polished games like it.

If SSX wasn't a vote I'd help you :C

Hakudamashi

I wish Lightbox could've gotten help, instead of making iPhone games...
OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

shadowDOESrock

Quote from: windlessusher on November 21, 2012, 05:17:36 PM
People still care?

Thats like asking if people still care about the Oscars.

and judgement day for THQ is January 15th, if they dont manage to pay off their 50 million credit by then, they're officially bankrupt.

jkid101094

Quote from: {Your Lovely Kyo}~ on November 22, 2012, 12:10:12 PM
and judgement day for THQ is January 15th, if they dont manage to pay off their 50 million credit by then, they're officially bankrupt.
Well this makes jkid sad...

Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

TheGameNinja

Quote from: {Your Lovely Kyo}~ on November 22, 2012, 12:10:12 PM
Thats like asking if people still care about the Oscars.

I wouldn't exactly equate the VGAs the Oscars. There should really be a more dignified gaming awards show.

shadowDOESrock

Quote from: TheGameNinja on November 22, 2012, 12:58:35 PM
I wouldn't exactly equate the VGAs the Oscars. There should really be a more dignified gaming awards show.

Yeah, but its the... only "real" thing video games have, really. And its also the closet thing video games have to the oscars.
And besides, most of the VGA's where pretty good, aside from last years show - where gaming took a backstep to cameos of stars.

Fuck last years producer.

Tanassy

Quote from: {Your Lovely Kyo}~ on November 22, 2012, 01:36:38 PM
Yeah, but its the... only "real" thing video games have, really. And its also the closet thing video games have to the oscars.
And besides, most of the VGA's where pretty good, aside from last years show - where gaming took a backstep to cameos of stars.

Fuck last years producer.

All it is is commercialized crap, gamers don't relate to any of the shit that happens, and the awards are far from fair sometimes. At least the nominations are varied this year.

I vote but I never watch it.

Quote from: jkid101094 on November 22, 2012, 12:13:40 PM
Well this makes jkid sad...
And it's a damn shame this is happening because their most hyped games won't get released by them at all unless they're bought out, especially after massive delays.