The Sonic Rom Hack Project.

Started by PSNGigoByte, October 26, 2011, 02:05:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PSNGigoByte

Sonic Rom Hacking Project.
S.R.H.P

'Ello all.

A couple of days ago, I had a bonkers idea.. The idea of getting the Sonic Zone community into a project. The vastness of that project at that moment in time wasn't clear though.. Until now.
I am looking a keen bunch of people to participate within a project which I hope will maybe take off.

The complexity of this project at this moment in time is unclear as at first, it will be more of a learning process of each and every one of us. But eventually, we can maybe start production of something which could potentially be quite awesome!

If this topic gets enough interest, I'll create a proper post 'n stuff.

Things I would like to get us into would be:

• Custom Sprites
  • Custom Music (Either from currently existing SEGA games/MIDI's or completely custom)
  • Re-Mapped Levels/colour schemes
  • Title Card name/style edits

I know this post is very vague, but please let me know if you have any interest what so ever!

Registered Interest:

• PSNGigoByte
  • Jazz Nova
  • MikeyLevi
  • Riko Sapphire
  • supersonic196

Jazz Nova

Interest
I can do music. If you give me a program/teach me how to use FL Studio
Thanks, firestar and kirbysoul, respectively

Mikey

Of course Im taking part in this. I'll most likely do levels and sprites.

PSNGigoByte

The music format will have to be native to the Mega Drive/Genesis formatting. Things such as MP3's and wotnot won't work.. Hmm, unless..
I'll look into it.

Tanassy

I'm not sure what I can do but I am really interested. Hm.. some concept perhaps.

Supersonic196

Hacking eh? I can't even get level designers on something that runs on it's own engine... maybe I should start calling a hack...

Anywho

PSNGigoByte

Glad to see I have had a good reception for this idea :D

I'll make a super srs topic on it soon enough, regarding the P.o.A (Plan of Action), alongside with some tools 'n stuff to help us get started!
Thanks guys, and welcome aboard!

jkid101094

I had thought of something like this several times. My ides involved basing the zones off of things here. "Off-Topic Zone", "Dead Chat Zone" ect.

Quote from: DracoDraco:  Saber was my bitch LONG before you heard about her.  I introduced you to FSN, loser.  D<
Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

Says you. She likes me more. D<
And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

Jazz Nova

Quote from: jkid101094 on October 26, 2011, 09:02:37 PM
I had thought of something like this several times. My ides involved basing the zones off of things here. "Off-Topic Zone", "Dead Chat Zone" ect.
But how would you depict that in a level?

jkid101094

Quote from: Jazz Nova on October 27, 2011, 09:16:23 AM
But how would you depict that in a level?
Simple. Add mass amounts of bullshit.

Quote from: DracoDraco:  Saber was my bitch LONG before you heard about her.  I introduced you to FSN, loser.  D<
Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

Says you. She likes me more. D<
And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

The Forgotten Alex

MAKE A ALEX CHARACTER AND STUFF, I DEMAND TO BE IN THIS

loljk. I'd really like to see where this goes.
People asked.

nazo unleashed

Interested, i can do level formats/Designs

PurpleOrangePoo

I'm good with remixes, and music shit. Oh and sorry for the bump. Totally didn't notice how old this was.

Jazz Nova

B_CANSIN

If you want professinal music you can use cubase I heard you change your voice to you what you want.And alternetive adobe adobe audition maybe 3 but lastes version can be cool but I like 3 theme hmm. Maybe This can be 3d game we can import model from source engine maybe we can make source mod because models are ready and can be face pose and They orginal Sonic unleashed model you see in http://www.garrysmod.org/downloads/?a=view&id=127148  or  http://www.garrysmod.org/downloads/?a=view&id=95905 we can use and make 3d game in soruce but it is too difficult  :(    because we need C++ code or other program langue.But not impossible XDD