4Kids is DEAD. What Does This Mean For Anime Coming to America?

Started by jkid101094, August 14, 2012, 02:41:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shinigami

Personally, I wasn't all that big a fan of 4Kids, though i give them credit for the original YuGiOh and also, the first 8 seasons of pokemon; they did a good job with those. after that..eh..I dunno. they just didn't do quite as well of a job as they could have with other shows..Sonic X being a prime example.

anyway since they're gone, I guess that just means other dubbing companies like VIZ media and FUNimation will just pick up the slack.
A hero can be anyone. Even a man doing something as simple and reassuring as putting a coat around a little boy's shoulders to let him know that the world hadn't ended.

billyhatcher312

Quote from: Shinigami on November 28, 2012, 02:12:48 PM
Personally, I wasn't all that big a fan of 4Kids, though i give them credit for the original YuGiOh and also, the first 8 seasons of pokemon; they did a good job with those. after that..eh..I dunno. they just didn't do quite as well of a job as they could have with other shows..Sonic X being a prime example.

anyway since they're gone, I guess that just means other dubbing companies like VIZ media and FUNimation will just pick up the slack.

I loved 4kids and sonic x

SirnaqTheEchidna

I can't believe Donkey Kong had a show. It looks... disturbing at best. Especially DK. I just want to know why there seemed to be a TV show for everything before. I guess they thought they could make money, but it was just a bad idea.
... and with that, the forgotten echidna, the other guardian of Angel Island, set off to find Knuckles. :P

PhantomTrevo

4Kids is Dead?  How long was I gone for?  Anyways, I wonder if KidsCo is in the US?  If so, what channel is it on?  I MISS Donkey Kong Country, and all the other good Nintendo/Sega shows.

TheGameNinja

Quote from: PhantomTrevo on December 20, 2012, 12:11:44 PM
4Kids is Dead?  How long was I gone for?  Anyways, I wonder if KidsCo is in the US?  If so, what channel is it on?  I MISS Donkey Kong Country, and all the other good Nintendo/Sega shows.

KidsCo is a division of Saban. They currently run the Vortexx block which replaced 4Kids's block on The CW. So it's on The CW on Saturday mornings.

billyhatcher312

Quote from: TheGameNinja on December 20, 2012, 01:11:19 PM
KidsCo is a division of Saban. They currently run the Vortexx block which replaced 4Kids's block on The CW. So it's on The CW on Saturday mornings.

i hate the name Vortexx its a really shitty name for the CW block in the morning

Post Merge: December 21, 2012, 09:23:24 AM

now they fucken stole transforms prime from the HUB channel so they really suck ass

Hakudamashi

Quote from: Erik Larsen on December 21, 2012, 04:20:17 AM
now they fucken stole transforms prime from the HUB channel so they really suck ass
Yes, how dare Transformers Prime be watched and loved by a wider audience
OR ELSE!
Compliments to our Goddess for this piece of superspecialawesome!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

TheGameNinja

Quote from: Erik Larsen on December 21, 2012, 04:20:17 AM
i hate the name Vortexx its a really shitty name for the CW block in the morning

Post Merge: December 21, 2012, 09:23:24 AM

They didn't steal it. It's still on The Hub. It's just also on CW. The Hub is a network that not everyone gets, but nearly everyone probably gets CW. This is kinda a good thing. :/

eastport

This is the best news I've heard all day. Maybe now we can stop getting these piece of crap dubs, like one piece.

Megaman123

At least the abomination known as 4kids is no more. Well, I hope KidsCo. does well.

Dracoslythe

I find it funny that my pride and joy is the reason 4kids is screwed lol.
Silly Zexal.

It's about time.
4kids had it's jewels, but quality has decreased recently :c

billyhatcher312

Quote from: Dracoslythe on December 25, 2012, 04:45:56 PM
I find it funny that my pride and joy is the reason 4kids is screwed lol.
Silly Zexal.

It's about time.
4kids had it's jewels, but quality has decreased recently :c

hey draco ur an asshole because 4 kids had great tv shows so id shut it if i were u

Dracoslythe

Quote from: Erik Larsen on December 26, 2012, 04:38:51 PM
hey draco ur an asshole because 4 kids had great tv shows so id shut it if i were u
I don't know if I should laugh or cry or both

Alright, I'm going to pick your ridiculous sentence apart piece by piece.  Ignoring the grammar, of course.

Quotehey draco ur an asshole
Why yes, I am!  Thanks for noticing, sugartits xoxo

Quote4 kids had great tv shows
Yes, they did!  I admit that.  I even say that in my post:  "4kids had it's jewels, but quality has decreased recently"

Quoteso id shut it if i were u
Or what?
I don't like empty threats, babe.

All I did was voice an opinion and all you seemed to read from that was "LOLOLOLOL 4KIDZ SUXXXX".
Which was, despite what you think I said, not what I said at all.

Green Mii

4Kids was my childhood. But, finding out about their...recent stuff, it's somewhat bittersweet to see them go.

billyhatcher312

even the 4kidstv.com site is gonoff of the internet and also their youtube account