Main Menu

Halo 4

Started by shadowDOESrock, April 15, 2012, 08:39:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

shadowDOESrock

This in a real-time screenshot of cortana from halo 4.

For comparison cortana from Halo 1, 3 & the Anime

Aaaaand some more;

Tanassy

People use the word Amazing so, so wrongly these days. I looks pretty good, but it doesn't amaze, by any standard.

jkid101094

Quote from: Iris Sapphire on April 16, 2012, 04:18:27 AM
People use the word Amazing so, so wrongly these days. I looks pretty good, but it doesn't amaze, by any standard.
Boy, you are just Mr. Kill joy these days, aren't you?

Quote from: DracoDraco:  Saber was my bitch LONG before you heard about her.  I introduced you to FSN, loser.  D<
Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

Says you. She likes me more. D<
And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

shadowDOESrock

It doesnt amaze you, but it does amaze me. Aaand since i made the topic...

SmashFinale

It

Quote from: jkid101094 on April 16, 2012, 06:15:41 AM
Boy, you are just Mr. Kill joy these days, aren't you?
i c whut u did thur.

jkid101094

Quote from: DracoDraco:  Saber was my bitch LONG before you heard about her.  I introduced you to FSN, loser.  D<
Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

shadowDOESrock

Quote from: jkid101094 on April 17, 2012, 12:08:33 PM
Please explain what I did.

The announcer shouts 'Kill-Joy' in the Halo Multiplayer when you kill someone who has multiple kills without beeing killed, thus killing his joy.

jkid101094

Quote from: {Your Lovely Kyo}~ on April 17, 2012, 12:10:38 PM
The announcer shouts 'Kill-Joy' in the Halo Multiplayer when you kill someone who has multiple kills without a dead, thus killing his joy.
I wasn't aware of this.
And I bet you that's probably the funniest things I've ever said.

Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

Supersonic196

shadowDOESrock

Tanassy

Sorry, I didn't mean to break your spree. I mean, kill your joy. I'm just saying that people overuse the word "Amazng" these days. Perhaps it does amaze you. But according to society, almost every new thing that comes out is amazing. It's not good, it's not decent. It's not great, it's not fantastic, grand, it's not glamorous or joyous, exciting, interesting.. EVERYTHING is "Amazing".

"Hey Bob, what did you think of the movie?" "Hey Jerry! It was amazing!"
"Hey Kyle, should I buy this game?" "Totally, Robert! It's amazing!"

Is everyone really amazed that easily? Do you guys even know what amazing means? Magic tricks are meant to amaze you. Special effects were made to amaze you. Fireworks shows are made to amaze you. I really hate society for overusing the word in recent years. Whenever people tell me a game is amazing, I read it as "Yeah, it's okay". If someone were to say "It's fantastic" I would know they're actually giving me some sort of thought out truth, then a predefined answer.

jkid101094

Quote from: Iris Sapphire on April 17, 2012, 12:41:52 PM
Sorry, I didn't mean to break your spree. I mean, kill your joy. I'm just saying that people overuse the word "Amazng" these days. Perhaps it does amaze you. But according to society, almost every new thing that comes out is amazing. It's not good, it's not decent. It's not great, it's not fantastic, grand, it's not glamorous or joyous, exciting, interesting.. EVERYTHING is "Amazing".

Is everyone really amazed that easily? Do you guys even know what amazing means? Magic tricks are meant to amaze you. Special effects were made to amaze you. Fireworks shows are made to amaze you. I really hate society for overusing the word in recent years. Whenever people tell me a game is amazing, I read it as "Yeah, it's okay". If someone were to say "It's fantastic" I would know they're actually giving me some sort of thought out truth, then a predefined answer.

This post is amazing.

Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

Hakudamashi

Quote from: Iris Sapphire on April 17, 2012, 12:41:52 PM

Same could be said about the word "epic"
Both are horribly overused...
OR ELSE!
Compliments to our Goddess for this piece of superspecialawesome!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

Tanassy

Quote from: jkid101094 on April 17, 2012, 12:50:54 PM
This post is amazing.
Aren't you just lovely.

Quote from: windlessusher on April 17, 2012, 01:03:28 PM
Same could be said about the word "epic"
Both are horribly overused...

Epic literally means "Large", so it is a little odd. But it is nowhere near as badly overused as wrongly as Amazing. People use it to describe something in which the literal meaning makes sense. "Big success, big fail, big game, big movie" Expansive may be a more appropriate term in soem cases, but epic fits it. and it sounds pretty cool.

Hakudamashi

Quote from: Iris Sapphire on April 17, 2012, 01:12:14 PM
Epic literally means "Large"
http://www.synonym.com/synonyms/large/
So why out of all the many words that also mean "large", epic is the word that's used so frequently?

Oh nevermind, we're off-topic as it is
OR ELSE!
Compliments to our Goddess for this piece of superspecialawesome!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay