Yakuza: Ishin

Started by shadowDOESrock, February 20, 2014, 08:09:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

shadowDOESrock

Well, Sega still has their ass up their butts. So, I can only hope that Atlus brings this over!
I'd be so happy, you don't even know!

Gameplay Trailer

Hakudamashi

More Fuedal Japan viddeo games, woo.
OR ELSE!
Compliments to our Goddess for this piece of superspecialawesome!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

Elija2

Quote from: Hakudamashi on February 21, 2014, 10:08:40 AM
More Fuedal Japan viddeo games, woo.

More great games that never leave Japan, woo.

Hakudamashi

OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

shadowDOESrock

According to Sony's Third-Party Relations guys, the Yakuza franchise is one of the most requested JP-Games for localisation, aside from JP-only Final Fantasy titles.

It baffels me why Sega isnt putting in the marketing effort into the Yakuza franchise in the West, as these games (aside from the zombie spin-off) haven't performed that badly, despite the meager marketing.
Yakuza 5 was awarded also awarded the perfect score by Famitsu, so the reputation isnt that bad either.

Then again, these are the People who didnt bring over Valkyria Chronicles 3, despite the franchise performing way better in the west than it did in JP...

On the Japanese side of things, the producer is not too interested in bringing over Yakuza 5, however would love to bring Yakuza Ishin over "if they had the man-power and money".

There also recently was the rumour that Atlus will start bringing over these games...

Quote from: Elija2 on February 21, 2014, 10:11:54 AM
More great games that never leave Japan, woo.

Eh, it didnt stop anyone else from publishing shogun-era (themed) games. Tenchu, Dynasty Warriors, Toukiden - Just to name a few. Hell, there's fucking Total War: Shogun and Total War: Shogun 2 from Sega.

shadowDOESrock

Mentoning here that this also got a near perfect score in Famitsu.
But Sega dun care.

They'd rather release shitty mobile sequels to Crazy Taxi.

Hakudamashi

Bro, you need to let it go
This is not healthy.
I worry about you.
OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay