Wii U

Started by shadowDOESrock, June 21, 2011, 12:00:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Supersonic196

Oh good, real analog sticks. I was a bit skeptical of the slide pads.

THIRD POWER!

Elija2

Quote from: {Your Lovely Kyo}~ on May 19, 2012, 11:20:27 AM
Ew, new start/select button position that you might press by mistake.
Better than having to stretch your fingers just to reach them.

Quote from: {Your Lovely Kyo}~ on May 19, 2012, 11:43:38 AM
What i also dont like is that the sticks are now 'normal' joysticks, not these 3DS-like joypads.
Might get unconfortable.
Are you incapable of playing video games on every other system because it is uncomfortable?

Actually, it turns out this was an older design for the Wii U controller, as you can see here and here. The one shown at E3 last year is the new design.

shadowDOESrock

Quote from: Elija2 on May 19, 2012, 02:17:14 PM
Better than having to stretch your fingers just to reach them.
Are you incapable of playing video games on every other system because it is uncomfortable?

Actually, it turns out this was an older design for the Wii U controller, as you can see
The one shown at E3 last year is the new design.

Oh, thank gods. Effin Fags at TT Games.
But wait, why do they use an old version of the controller then? :l

And its not like you gotta press start/select quickly, you can easily take your hand off the stick to hit pause.

And it depends - the only time i wasnt capable of playing properly was on this... thing

SmashFinale

Quote from: {Your Lovely Kyo}~ on May 19, 2012, 03:14:47 PM
Oh, thank gods. Effin Fags at TT Games.
But wait, why do they use an old version of the controller then? :l

And its not like you gotta press start/select quickly, you can easily take your hand off the stick to hit pause.

And it depends - the only time i wasnt capable of playing properly was on this... thing

You... you have idea how fast i have to press start to stop a computer from creaming me in a fighting game do you?

and that controller looks pregnant.

jkid101094

Quote from: SmashFinale on May 19, 2012, 04:00:21 PM
You... you have idea how fast i have to press start to stop a computer from creaming me in a fighting game do you?
...Then you just suck.

Quote from: DracoDraco:  Saber was my bitch LONG before you heard about her.  I introduced you to FSN, loser.  D<
Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

Says you. She likes me more. D<
And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

Elija2

Actually it turns out that the "older" design may actually be the new version since it was leaked after E3 and people could have confused it for an older prototype. We'll find out soon enough.

Quote from: {Your Lovely Kyo}~ on May 19, 2012, 03:14:47 PM

Odd, I was 10 years old and still able to play with that beast.

shadowDOESrock

Quote from: Elija2 on May 19, 2012, 05:26:48 PM
Odd, I was 10 years old and still able to play with that beast.

Eh, good know there are people who actually liked that thing.
It was redesigned a few months after the release of the xbox, so i couldnt have been the only one.

Quote from: Elija2 on May 19, 2012, 05:26:48 PM
Actually it turns out that the "older" design may actually be the new version since it was leaked after E3 and people could have confused it for an older prototype. We'll find out soon enough.

Dear god, i hope not.

Elija2

Quote from: {Your Lovely Kyo}~ on May 19, 2012, 06:18:55 PM
Eh, good know there are people who actually liked that thing.
It was redesigned a few months after the release of the xbox, so i couldnt have been the only one.

I didn't particularly like it, but I managed with it until I got the redesign. The redesign was actually the japanese version of the controller, because Microsoft thought that japanese people have smaller hands and the rest of the world has goliath hands.
Looking at it now, it does look pretty rough. That d-pad looks terrible, the right thumbstick doesn't look comfortable, and the huge Xbox logo in the middle is just stupid. Those black and white buttons were always absolutely useless too.

jkid101094

The picture Kyo posted actually is the newer version, apparently.
Quote from: Elija2 on May 19, 2012, 02:17:14 PM
Actually, it turns out this was an older design for the Wii U controller, as you can see here.
The one shown at E3 last year is the new design.
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=38023781&postcount=208

Quote from: JordanActually, its the reverse.
The first one is the original patent yes, however the second is the design used while the patents were still going through most countries legal systems.

So the design went from analog -> slider (filler for legal) -> analog

That's how that rumor goes along. However this is a dev kit model of the controller for TT games. Meaning it is truly much older than May 19th. However if Nintendo truly wanted analog designed games and were confident that their patent would go through successfully, why would they give their early adopters filler tech?

Also another slightly relevant rumor. Square Enix is supposedly updating the console Kingdom Hearts games and porting them to Wii U along with 382 days or whatever that one game was.

Quote from: DracoDraco:  Saber was my bitch LONG before you heard about her.  I introduced you to FSN, loser.  D<
Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

Says you. She likes me more. D<
And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

Elija2

Quote from: jkid101094 on June 01, 2012, 08:35:54 AM
The picture Kyo posted actually is the newer version, apparently.

Indeed, just as I said three posts above yours.

Hakudamashi

I just saw the pre E3 conference about the Wii U, I am now legitimately excited.
OR ELSE!
Compliments to our Goddess for this piece of superspecialawesome!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

Supersonic196

Quote from: windlessusher on June 03, 2012, 12:15:08 PM
I just saw the pre E3 conference about the Wii U, I am now legitimately excited.
I was already excited, but those 20 seconds of Mario gameplay pushed me over the top.
The social network thing looks pretty neat too.

Hakudamashi

Quote from: Supersonic196 on June 03, 2012, 12:19:17 PM
I was already excited, but those 20 seconds of Mario gameplay pushed me over the top.
The social network thing looks pretty neat too.
As long as they don't pull any of crap that the next Xbox or Playstation may be doing, then I'm pretty much sold.
OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

Elija2

Looks like Nintendo is finally embracing proper online capabilities, what with the absence of friend codes and every Wii U game being downloadable.

Can't say I'm a big fan of the social networking thing though. I hope you can turn it off. I don't need to see everyone's comments every time I die in a game.

Hakudamashi

I'm happy their imputing all this new sh*t into the 3DS as well. It's funny, I used to have buyer's remorse for the thing, now I use it every day... funny how that works.
OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay