How should the next Sonic game be made?

Started by Sonication, February 20, 2009, 01:07:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

How'd you want the next Sonic game made?

Doesn't matter.
3 (42.9%)
All 2D!
0 (0%)
Doesn't matter.
4 (57.1%)

Total Members Voted: 6

Voting closed: March 06, 2009, 01:07:18 PM

Sonication

Okay, so we have had two subsections in the daytime levels of Sonic Unleashed; the 3D sections and the 2D sections. Now, Sega says that they will keep using these sections and may not use the werehog anymore. However, I thought of a question for all of you about these two sections in the daytime levels of Sonic Unleashed.

Now, knowing the Sonic fanbase, who cannot seem to agree on what they want exactly from Sega; some fans still want Sonic to stay 3D and others want Sega to make a pure 2D Sonic game just like the classics. Now for the poll question:

If Sega were to make a full 3D or full 2D Sonic game using the new Hedgehog engine, but could not make both a full 2D or full 3D, and had to choose which one to make; would you like it if Sega made an all 3D or all 2D Sonic game?

Plus, if you respond to this topic, please do not say which poll option you picked and stop there. I encourage any posts to explain how you would want the section you'd want the next Sonic game to be made. However, if you do not wish to post, that is okay. You can just choose what kind of game it is you like. However, if you do post, please elaborate on why you choose what you chose for your answer.

For example, the game physics. Whether you picked the full 2D or full 3D Sonic game option, please elaborate: Would you mind if the Physics of the game in the levels interfered with Sonic's speed, and made him stop suddenly and easily many times through the level, or do you want the physics to allow for a smooth flow of transition of speed while playing?
Also, please answer these other questions.

How challenging would you want the levels in a 2D or 3D Sonic game? This includes platforming. Would you want it to be easy for all to play, or is it okay if you were supposed to memorize the levels? Would you want the layout of the levels to me plain all the way, tedious and very challenging or just fun as you'd want it challenging?

Next, how varied would you want each level to be? Most obstacles, traps, ramps, enemies, launchers, roller coasters and the like in Sonic Unleashed were all similar in each level, and of course, that made the levels in the game not too different. Would you want any of these to be more different from each level, like in the classic Genesis Sonic games, or would you not mind if these level elements were not different from level to level?

Also, how well would you want to control Sonic? Would you mind of Sonic's momentum affected how the player could control Sonic like in Sonic Unleashed, or would you want Sonic to be well handled as easily as he was in Sonic Adventure?

Also, in a future Sonic game, would you want Sonic to be as fast as he was in Sonic Unleashed, or would you mind controlling Sonic at a pace like in Sonic Adventure 1? Speaking, how would you want Sega to make the levels to utilize Sonic's speed and momentum to make the gameplay like a blast?

Speaking, how would you want platforming? Would you mind if the platforming to be like Sonic Unleashed, or more like the classics or maybe Sonic Adventure, to the point that the game was more or less like a fast paced platformer like the early Sonic games?

In terms of level design, would you want the levels to look more fantasy-like as in the classic Sonic games and Sonic Adventure 1 (in a way), or do you not mind realism in the levels? 

And now for one of the more controversial stuff in 3D Sonic games: The on rails part. Would you want any section in the levels where you could not control Sonic's running, like in Secret Rings and some sections of the daytime levels in Sonic Unleashed, or want to control Sonic all through the level, and use the control stick to make Sonic run through an entire corkscrew, loop, or any roller coaster like element instead of having those parts scripted and watch Sonic on auto pilot for a brief moment?

Now, for some questions on the full 3D or full 2D options in which you had to vote for one. For the 3D made Sonic game...
How would you want the level design? Would you want it big and exploration based on Sonic Adventure or more linear like Sonic Heroes or Sonic Unleashed? Also, how would you like the multiple pathways or any shortcuts to be included, and how challenging would you want them?

Also, how fast in pace would you want the levels? Would you want it to be fast paced like in Sonic Unleashed, or fair paced like in Sonic Adventure? Also, how would you like the camera to follow you?

As for the 2D made Sonic game, would you mind the levels being linear like in Sonic Rush, or do you want bigger levels with more than one paths like in the Classic Sonic games? How challenging would you want the all 2D Sonic levels? How fast do you want them? Do you want the levels to be fast like in Sonic Unleashed/Sonic Rush, or as fast as the classic Sonic games were in the Genesis days? Please tell me how you would like the camera to function in these levels.

Well, that is all. I know that this may seem like much, but you don't have to answer all of these questions. However, I prefer for you not to say just "yes, I want a yadayadayada to be made" without any explanation.

Thank you for your time.

Shadow84786

I can't decide the 2d brings the classic back and the 3d brings a whole new adventure.

KrystalEmerald

doesnt matter to me bacically as long as the story is good and the levels are good. and they should make a new chao garden since 1.it would be a good thing to do after you beat story and 2. EVERYBODY LOVES CHAO XD
Muffins are just ugly cupcakes
---
OMG ITS THE ZOMBIE MAILMAN
---
im weird and proud
---
HYPAH FEVAH XD
---
YOU'RE TO SLOW-*gets hit by pancake*
---
have you ever noticed that muffins cant drive over the speed limit
---
CABBAGES! O o
---
=3 want some CHOCOLATE?!?!?! O o
---
im runnin outta crap to say
---
meh
---
*pokes nose* meep X3
---
OMG ITS A CLOWN DX
---
this is anoyying isnt it?
---
do do do do do do dooo do do do do DO do do do do do do do do do do do dooo do do do do do do do (celebrity jeopardy) XD

Garloo2

I say a combination of both since there are some good 3D levels and a lot of good 2D levels, also since in the wii version of sonic unleashed it worked good using 2D and 3D in the non werewog levels.

solid kobra

ShadowsOfSilver

The Meph's back in da hawz

Spersonic

i think it should  be 3d and 2d for example like super paper mario wii