Took my Entrance exam to St. Andrews today

Started by Sonic360, December 04, 2010, 02:33:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sonic360

Well today I woke up at 6:51 AM to get ready for my Entrance exam to go to St. Andrew's. So I ate breakfast and left around 7:30 AM. When mom dropped me off, we waited for like an hour till they called for 9th-12th graders to take the exam, so while me and my mom were waiting, we decided to get us some coffee. An hour passed till they called me and there were like 19 of us taking the exam, we got in the classroom and there was this Asian guy who kept waving and saying hey to me lol. There was the Reading Comprehension section of the test, Quantitative Reasoning, Vocabulary Comprehension and Mathematics Accomplishments. So I think I might have bombed the Mathematics Accomplishments O.e! Then after the Mathematics, we had to write an Essay, with our topic being "Do you think life has gotten better since your parents were your age?" So yeah I wrote on that, I only got to write 3 Paragraphs because we had to write it in 30 minutes. We had 2, 5 minute breaks in between every second section of the test. The first section was 20 minutes, as was the second one. The third one was 30 minutes and the 4th was 40 minutes, the essay like I mentioned earlier was 30 minutes. But yes hopefully I made a good enough score to get into St. Andrew's next school year.

Princessofthechaosemerald

Quote from: Sonic360 on December 04, 2010, 02:33:33 PM
Well today I woke up at 6:51 AM to get ready for my Entrance exam to go to St. Andrew's. So I ate breakfast and left around 7:30 AM. When mom dropped me off, we waited for like an hour till they called for 9th-12th graders to take the exam, so while me and my mom were waiting, we decided to get us some coffee. An hour passed till they called me and there were like 19 of us taking the exam, we got in the classroom and there was this Asian guy who kept waving and saying hey to me lol. There was the Reading Comprehension section of the test, Quantitative Reasoning, Vocabulary Comprehension and Mathematics Accomplishments. So I think I might have bombed the Mathematics Accomplishments O.e! Then after the Mathematics, we had to write an Essay, with our topic being "Do you think life has gotten better since your parents were your age?" So yeah I wrote on that, I only got to write 3 Paragraphs because we had to write it in 30 minutes. We had 2, 5 minute breaks in between every second section of the test. The first section was 20 minutes, as was the second one. The third one was 30 minutes and the 4th was 40 minutes, the essay like I mentioned earlier was 30 minutes. But yes hopefully I made a good enough score to get into St. Andrew's next school year.
That sounds fun

Writing is easy, i can write a page front and back in probably about ten minuets flat...maybe, depends.
You be the lucky person, we don't have awesome stuff liek that, except Duke university, but i really dont care for that, i want to go to a more...uhhh, wide variety school, i guess you can call it.
Then again, meh.
Well, i hope you pass, and im sure you will, you are very smart and all :3

Sonic360

Quote from: Maddie8D on December 04, 2010, 02:39:39 PM
That sounds fun

Writing is easy, i can write a page front and back in probably about ten minuets flat...maybe, depends.
You be the lucky person, we don't have awesome stuff liek that, except Duke university, but i really dont care for that, i want to go to a more...uhhh, wide variety school, i guess you can call it.
Then again, meh.
Well, i hope you pass, and im sure you will, you are very smart and all :3
I got accepted into Duke and People to people Ambassadors program. St. Andrew's is actually a branch of Duke. But yes thank you very much.

Princessofthechaosemerald

Quote from: Sonic360 on December 04, 2010, 02:53:04 PM
I got accepted into Duke and People to people Ambassadors program. St. Andrew's is actually a branch of Duke. But yes thank you very much.
Ohshit seriously...

St. Andrews sounds fancier though .-.