Google Chrome is trying drive me insane.

Started by TheGameNinja, May 24, 2010, 12:41:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheGameNinja

So, last night around midnight I was screwin' around and decided to start up Google Chrome. I normally use Firefox. I still don't remember why exactly I wanted to use Chrome, but that's where the story starts. Anyway, I click on the icon, and Chrome opens. I wait for the thing to load and... I get an error saying the webpage is unavailable. I type in google.com. Same thing. I boot up Firefox and it works fine. Heck, I even tried IE, which I haven't used in months, and it worked, albeit slowly. So, I search the internet for solutions to find that a lot of people have this problem. There's apparently a simple solution, but it only works for very few people. The only other thing that was suggested was to scan your computer for malware. I did so, with the program that Google itself provided. The scan took 2 and a half hours. For ONE bug. It took seconds to remove. During this 2.5 hour scan, I scoured the web for other solutions, trying everything suggested. I uninstalled and reinstalled Chrome twice to no avail. I checked my firewall and proxy settings, but everything was fine. Nothing worked. Then, after the scan killed the ONE malware, I tried using Chrome and...

IT STILL DIDN'T WORK.

2 and a half hours I sank into this, and it did nothing. I tried restarting my computer. Nothing. I tried changing settings for my other browsers, since some people said that worked for them, and nothing. I was ready to give up and just uninstall Chrome for good, when I came across one last solution online. I don't remember what it was I was going to try, but I opened Chrome and...

IT WAS WORKING.

I didn't do anything. It just decided to start working. It's like it said HA HA YOU COULD HAVE WATCHED STAR WARS BUT INSTEAD YOU WATCHED A BAR FILL UP FOR TWO AND A HALF HOURS and then just started working to both spite me and drive me insane with homicidal fury.

Luckily, it was almost 4 at this point, and a killing spree wasn't very appealing. I went to bed cursing the name of Google. First they came for YouTube, then they came for my sanity. But they gave me a nice game of Pac-Man in return.

Dracoslythe

darkness shadow

Quote from: Dracoslythe on May 24, 2010, 01:40:12 PM
Pacman makes up for everything.  C:
YUSH!!! google pacman =3

and i use chrome everyday and i have no issues with it... i'm no IT expert but it sounds like it's to do with ya computer... not chrome...
supa emeraldz

thnx rival, again
shineh emeraldz =D

TheGameNinja

Quote from: darkness shadow on May 24, 2010, 06:21:27 PM
YUSH!!! google pacman =3

and i use chrome everyday and i have no issues with it... i'm no IT expert but it sounds like it's to do with ya computer... not chrome...
I used to use Chrome all the time, but I switched back over to Firefox. I don't really remember why I quit using it, but I did used to use it as my main browser. This is the first time I ever had something like that happen, though.

chet

dude, it is a problem with your computer. i will post a link on how to fix the problem later, but for the dude above me, you obviously know very little about browsers. i find safari and opera far cleaner and faster than firefox. keep an open mind.  ;)
Your reading my sig
2. Now your saying/thinking thats a stupid fact.
4. You didnt notice that i skipped 3.
5. Your checking it now.
6. Your smiling.
7. Your still reading my signature.
8. You know all you have read is true.
10. You didnt notice that i skipped 9.
11. Your checking it now.
12. You didnt notice there are only 10 facts
O o
/¯/___________________________ _ __/
| ITS OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAND!!!
\_\¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯ ¯ ¯¯

jkid101094

That's why Firefox is Hart Corp's #1 recommended browser. :3

Quote from: Dracoslythe on May 24, 2010, 01:40:12 PM
Pacman makes up for everything.  C:
Damn straight. :3
http://www.google.com/pacman/

WAKA WAKA.

Quote from: DracoDraco:  Saber was my bitch LONG before you heard about her.  I introduced you to FSN, loser.  D<
Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

Says you. She likes me more. D<
And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

RainbowBeautyRocks

Quote from: TheGameNinja on May 24, 2010, 06:39:17 PM
I used to use Chrome all the time, but I switched back over to Firefox. I don't really remember why I quit using it, but I did used to use it as my main browser. This is the first time I ever had something like that happen, though.
I'm using google chrome right now and it's better than internet explorer! but that drives me insane bout the unresponsive stuff to. but it's ok to watch youtube with, but it also has alot of shock wave crashes like everyday

darkyellowz

Quote from: TheGameNinja on May 24, 2010, 12:41:56 PM
So, last night around midnight I was screwin' around and decided to start up Google Chrome. I normally use Firefox. I still don't remember why exactly I wanted to use Chrome, but that's where the story starts. Anyway, I click on the icon, and Chrome opens. I wait for the thing to load and... I get an error saying the webpage is unavailable. I type in google.com. Same thing. I boot up Firefox and it works fine. Heck, I even tried IE, which I haven't used in months, and it worked, albeit slowly. So, I search the internet for solutions to find that a lot of people have this problem. There's apparently a simple solution, but it only works for very few people. The only other thing that was suggested was to scan your computer for malware. I did so, with the program that Google itself provided. The scan took 2 and a half hours. For ONE bug. It took seconds to remove. During this 2.5 hour scan, I scoured the web for other solutions, trying everything suggested. I uninstalled and reinstalled Chrome twice to no avail. I checked my firewall and proxy settings, but everything was fine. Nothing worked. Then, after the scan killed the ONE malware, I tried using Chrome and...

IT STILL DIDN'T WORK.

2 and a half hours I sank into this, and it did nothing. I tried restarting my computer. Nothing. I tried changing settings for my other browsers, since some people said that worked for them, and nothing. I was ready to give up and just uninstall Chrome for good, when I came across one last solution online. I don't remember what it was I was going to try, but I opened Chrome and...

IT WAS WORKING.

I didn't do anything. It just decided to start working. It's like it said HA HA YOU COULD HAVE WATCHED STAR WARS BUT INSTEAD YOU WATCHED A BAR FILL UP FOR TWO AND A HALF HOURS and then just started working to both spite me and drive me insane with homicidal fury.

Luckily, it was almost 4 at this point, and a killing spree wasn't very appealing. I went to bed cursing the name of Google. First they came for YouTube, then they came for my sanity. But they gave me a nice game of Pac-Man in return.
wow cool story bro and i use google chrome all the time and i get no problems it is normal internet and firefox that have the problems...

TheGameNinja

Quote from: darkyellowz on June 09, 2010, 12:01:59 PM
wow cool story bro and i use google chrome all the time and i get no problems it is normal internet and firefox that have the problems...
Except I have NEVER had problems with FireFox outside of the occasional crash.

darkyellowz

Quote from: TheGameNinja on June 09, 2010, 01:35:19 PM
Except I have NEVER had problems with FireFox outside of the occasional crash.
firefox is awfull nuff seid

Tanassy

Quote from: darkyellowz on June 09, 2010, 02:38:05 PM
firefox is awfull nuff seid
Firefox is not awful, it just can't handle the typical forumer. im not joking.

Try opening more that about 5 tabs at once, while downloading, while uploading, while posting. nuff said.

sonicmaddave

Quote from: DarkFusion on June 09, 2010, 02:54:34 PM

Try opening more that about 5 tabs at once, while downloading, while uploading, while posting. nuff said.

:/ Firefox is like that with me as well lol on a HP desktop computer. :P

shadowDOESrock

Quote from: sonicmaddave on June 09, 2010, 10:49:59 PM
:/ Firefox is like that with me as well lol on a HP desktop computer. :P

ewww HP.

Dracoslythe

Quote from: DarkFusion on June 09, 2010, 02:54:34 PM

Then how is FF able to withstand my abuse?
I have two different windows open, one with 8 tabs downloading PSP games (all 8 of them), then I have this window, running three forum tabs, another tab uploading a 5 and a half friggin gb file, and three more tabs with youtube, DA, and Kumby, respectively.  xD

RainbowBeautyRocks

Quote from: Dracoslythe on June 13, 2010, 10:53:38 AM
Then how is FF able to withstand my abuse?
I have two different windows open, one with 8 tabs downloading PSP games (all 8 of them), then I have this window, running three forum tabs, another tab uploading a 5 and a half friggin gb file, and three more tabs with youtube, DA, and Kumby, respectively.  xD
can someone tell me what the michael any of that mean

Dracoslythe

Quote from: RainbowBeautyRocks on June 13, 2010, 06:00:11 PM
can someone tell me what the michael any of that mean
This means that I am using an assload of computer memory.

RainbowBeautyRocks

Quote from: Dracoslythe on June 13, 2010, 06:01:18 PM
This means that I am using an assload of computer memory.
same here, my computer's health IS HORRIBLE!!!!!

sonicmaddave

Quote from: DarkKyoushu on June 11, 2010, 09:24:26 AM
ewww HP.

What's wrong with HP?  :o I have a very sexy looking black and silver HP desktop running Vista right on my desk, which was my parents but now mine, lol.

That being said, their ink cartridges are ridiculously overpriced...

darkyellowz

Quote from: sonicmaddave on June 16, 2010, 12:57:38 AM
What's wrong with HP?  :o I have a very sexy looking black and silver HP desktop running Vista right on my desk, which was my parents but now mine, lol.

That being said, their ink cartridges are ridiculously overpriced...
you ethier bumped the topic or this needs to be locked

Kirby

Super Sonic Boom

Quote from: darkyellowz on July 24, 2010, 11:20:04 AM
you ethier bumped the topic or this needs to be locked

If there technically was a "bumping rule" it would be 30 days not 2. lol

darkyellowz

Quote from: Super Sonic Boom on July 24, 2010, 11:45:01 AM
If there technically was a "bumping rule" it would be 30 days not 2. lol
that post was a month ago >.>

Kirby

Super Sonic Boom

Quote from: darkyellowz on July 24, 2010, 08:33:51 PM
that post was a month ago >.>

Dude... June 16, 2010, 07:57:38 AM from June 14, 2010, 01:19:12 AM is 2 days from the last post in the topic.

sonicmaddave

Indeed. It's actually darkyellowz that bumped, because I forgotten the original posts I made in the thread. :o