Ask jkid Anything You Want. ANYTHING.

Started by jkid101094, October 13, 2011, 05:41:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jkid101094

No, I'm complaining that I was forced into a position I didn't want to be in and having no way out of it.

Quote from: DracoDraco:  Saber was my bitch LONG before you heard about her.  I introduced you to FSN, loser.  D<
Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

Says you. She likes me more. D<
And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

Hakudamashi

What is the most interesting lore that you've Wiki'd?
OR ELSE!
Compliments to our Goddess for this piece of superspecialawesome!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

jkid101094

Quote from: Elija2 on July 17, 2015, 10:40:45 AM
You weren't forced into that position, your actions led you to that position.
That's like saying, "you weren't forcefully raped, your actions led you to being raped". It's not like I was given a hint that doing a quest for House would force me to lose my companion and cut off any chance of getting the other three endings. The quests I did for him prior didn't do anything to raise my suspicions so I kept doing it because I wanted to help people.

Quote from: Hakudamashi on July 17, 2015, 10:47:39 AM
What is the most interesting lore that you've Wiki'd?
Not sure. So many histories so little time...

Can I just say Fallout since it's the first one to pop into my mind?

Quote from: DracoDraco:  Saber was my bitch LONG before you heard about her.  I introduced you to FSN, loser.  D<
Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

Hakudamashi

Quote from: jkid101094 on July 17, 2015, 10:58:56 AM
Can I just say Fallout since it's the first one to pop into my mind?
KK

What's the most interesting lore that you haven't wiki'd?
As in, you played the game with no prior knowledge, amd you got interested in the lore as you played.
OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

jkid101094

Not sure I can think of an example, but I got as into Dragonball as I am because of Ultimate Tenkaichi and Xenoverse so do those count?

Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

jkid101094

Quote from: Elija2 on July 17, 2015, 11:54:29 AM
Uhh, what the hell kind of comparison is that? This is a fucking videogame.
It's still a valid comparison. Nothing up to that point had anything at all to do with the Brotherhood of Steel, then out of the fucking blue they force me to kill every last member.

If you didn't want to destroy the Brotherhood, you could have just stopped doing the Mr. House quest line.
Because without a guide I would have known that he'd force me to kill them?

And again, did you think that no matter what decisions you make in the game you'd always have access to all the endings? Like you could fuck over the NCR the entire game but still get their ending?
Considering the fact that I supported Mr. House and the NCR in everything they did, yes, I did expect to have access to both of their endings (I'm not even sure I knew Mr. House even HAD an ending back then).

Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

Hakudamashi

Quote from: jkid101094 on July 17, 2015, 11:46:18 AM
Not sure I can think of an example, but I got as into Dragonball as I am because of Ultimate Tenkaichi and Xenoverse so do those count?
I'll allow it till you remember something else

Wait, you played Ultimate Tenkaichi?
OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

jkid101094

Yeah, and I didn't think it was as bad as everyone else made it seem at the time, but looking back I can admit it's pretty bad.

Still, at least it had enough sense to add Cooler *cough*Xenoverse*cough*.

Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

Hakudamashi

Xenoverse had to make space for Raspberry, please understand.

Do you like Katarina's sunglasses?
OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

jkid101094

Nah, I prefer the classic black shades.

Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

Hakudamashi

OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

Elija2

Quote from: jkid101094 on July 17, 2015, 12:05:22 PM
It's still a valid comparison. Nothing up to that point had anything at all to do with the Brotherhood of Steel, then out of the fucking blue they force me to kill every last member.
Because without a guide I would have known that he'd force me to kill them?
Considering the fact that I supported Mr. House and the NCR in everything they did, yes, I did expect to have access to both of their endings (I'm not even sure I knew Mr. House even HAD an ending back then).

No, it's a stupid comparison. For one, the game doesn't force any path onto you. You choose what path to take, whereas when you're a victim of rape you have no choice in what happens to you. And second of all, it's insensitive as fuck to make a rape analogy for your argument about a videogame.

Activating the Mr. House quest doesn't force you to do it. You could have told him to suck it after he asked you to destroy the Brotherhood.

You thought that after doing every Mr. House quest you could still get a different ending? You do know that the different faction quest lines are clearly labeled and you can't get their respective endings without completing all their quests, right?

Hakudamashi

Funny you'd be talking about what's insensitive.
OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

Elija2

Quote from: Hakudamashi on July 17, 2015, 02:05:48 PM
Funny you'd be talking about what's insensitive.

Why? Am I insensitive?

jkid101094

Quote from: Hakudamashi on July 17, 2015, 12:56:08 PM
Do you like her pants?
It's doesn't look like leather, latex or satin so I'll pass.

Quote from: Elija2 on July 17, 2015, 01:01:06 PM
No, it's a stupid comparison. For one, the game doesn't force any path onto you. You choose what path to take, whereas when you're a victim of rape you have no choice in what happens to you.
Now you're completely missing the point.

And second of all, it's insensitive as fuck to make a rape analogy for your argument about a videogame.
Boo fucking hoo. If someone here had actually been raped I might give a fuck but considering that's not the case I couldn't care less.

Activating the Mr. House quest doesn't force you to do it. You could have told him to suck it after he asked you to destroy the Brotherhood.
No I couldn't. That's my entire point. By that point in the game I had no other choice but to blow up the Brotherhood Bunker and if I did I'd lose Veronica who I had traveling with me for the entire game. That's why I stopped playing.

You thought that after doing every Mr. House quest you could still get a different ending? You do know that the different faction quest lines are clearly labeled and you can't get their respective endings without completing all their quests, right?
Considering I helped the Omertas bomb the strip completely on accident I obviously had little to no idea what effect my actions were actually causing.

Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.