Nintendo loses 1.3 billion USD and Miyamoto steps down

Started by Proto_Blaze, October 26, 2011, 06:00:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Proto_Blaze

http://www.next-gen.biz/news/nikkei-nintendo-post-%C2%A5100-billion-loss

"According to Japan's Nikkei, Nintendo is to reveal a pre-tax loss of ¥100 billion (£821 million) when it reports its half-yearly financial results tomorrow.

The newspaper claims that the loss - which will almost double the ¥55 billion (£451 million) loss predicted by Nintendo - will be largely due to exchange rates. The strength of the Yen against the Euro is expected to account for a loss of ¥40 billion (£328 million).

Should Nikkei's claim be true it would mean Nintendo has sustained a loss of ¥74.5 billion (£611 million) in the last three months alone. Its financial results for the first quarter of its financial year, released in July, showed a loss of just ¥25.5 billion. "

As for Miyamoto

"Shigeru Miyamoto publicly announced today his retirement from game development and from the company he's worked for now for well over 2 decades. The sudden bombshell has left the gaming community reeling and has put Nintendo in an uncomfortable position with no one readily available to guide the artistic vision of some of its largest franchises. In his statement Mr. Miyamoto cited undisclosed health reasons and a desire to spend his remaining days alone with his family."

http://www.kotaku.com/5822933/A-Gaming-Legend-Steps-Down-Miyamoto-Leaves-Nintendo

Such a sad day in gaming

jkid101094

Quote from: Proto_Blaze on October 26, 2011, 06:00:29 AM
http://www.next-gen.biz/news/nikkei-nintendo-post-%C2%A5100-billion-loss

"According to Japan's Nikkei, Nintendo is to reveal a pre-tax loss of ¥100 billion (£821 million) when it reports its half-yearly financial results tomorrow.

The newspaper claims that the loss - which will almost double the ¥55 billion (£451 million) loss predicted by Nintendo - will be largely due to exchange rates. The strength of the Yen against the Euro is expected to account for a loss of ¥40 billion (£328 million).

Should Nikkei's claim be true it would mean Nintendo has sustained a loss of ¥74.5 billion (£611 million) in the last three months alone. Its financial results for the first quarter of its financial year, released in July, showed a loss of just ¥25.5 billion. "

As for Miyamoto

"Shigeru Miyamoto publicly announced today his retirement from game development and from the company he's worked for now for well over 2 decades. The sudden bombshell has left the gaming community reeling and has put Nintendo in an uncomfortable position with no one readily available to guide the artistic vision of some of its largest franchises. In his statement Mr. Miyamoto cited undisclosed health reasons and a desire to spend his remaining days alone with his family."

http://www.kotaku.com/5822933/A-Gaming-Legend-Steps-Down-Miyamoto-Leaves-Nintendo

Such a sad day in gaming
Fake and gay.

Quote from: DracoDraco:  Saber was my bitch LONG before you heard about her.  I introduced you to FSN, loser.  D<
Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

Says you. She likes me more. D<
And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

Proto_Blaze

Quote from: jkid101094 on October 26, 2011, 06:03:41 AM
Fake and gay.
PleaseNoPleaseNoPleaseNoPleaseDEARGODNo

Dang you saw through it pretty quick lol... But HALF of this is true... they did infact lose that amount of money. Miyamoto on the other hand is still there XD

jkid101094

Quote from: Proto_Blaze on October 26, 2011, 06:05:33 AM
Dang you saw through it pretty quick lol... But HALF of this is true... they did infact lose that amount of money. Miyamoto on the other hand is still there XD
I knew Miyamoto wasn't leaving, but I actually bothered to click the second link before posting it on another site. Smart me.

Quote from: DracoDraco:  Saber was my bitch LONG before you heard about her.  I introduced you to FSN, loser.  D<
Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

Proto_Blaze

Quote from: jkid101094 on October 26, 2011, 06:07:04 AM
I knew Miyamoto wasn't leaving, but I actually bothered to click the second link before posting it on another site. Smart me.

Note to self... Jkid double checks his stuff before sending it elsewhere >_>

jkid101094

Quote from: Proto_Blaze on October 26, 2011, 06:08:45 AM
Note to self... Jkid double checks his stuff before sending it elsewhere >_>
Aren't I just the worst? =P

Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

Proto_Blaze

jkid101094

That's not a very hard thing to do.

Also, to support my first post, it literally is fake and gay.

Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

Proto_Blaze

Quote from: jkid101094 on October 26, 2011, 06:13:31 AM
That's not a very hard thing to do.

Hakudamashi

OR ELSE!
Compliments to our Goddess for this piece of superspecialawesome!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

Supersonic196