E3 2012 Rumors, Speculation and Discussion Thread

Started by jkid101094, March 12, 2012, 09:46:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jkid101094

http://wiiublog.com/rumor-nintendo-is-working-on-at-least-three-new-franchises-for-the-wii-u/

E3 is only three months away, kiddies, so the rumors are spreading like a plague. So far I've heard that not only will Nintendo be bringing us three new franchises, but about seven or eight new first party games as well, several of which are planned for release by the end of this year. If that doesn't get you excited there are also claims that 70 Wii U titles are currently in production. I'm not sure if those will all be launch titles but we can hope, right?

Quote from: DracoDraco:  Saber was my bitch LONG before you heard about her.  I introduced you to FSN, loser.  D<
Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

Says you. She likes me more. D<
And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

shadowDOESrock

Wii U Rebranding Reveal
Wii U Game Reveals
Wii U Release Date Reveal     \which is probably between November and March.
Wii U Interface Reveal
Reveal of Super Smash Bros. 3DS & Donkey Kong 3DS.
Reveal of various other 3DS Titles to boost the 3DS Sales.
Nextbox Reveal
Nextbox Tech-Demo

On Sony's side i dont expect anything but some generic games that everyone will be hyped about.

And there obv. wont be 70 Launch Titles.

Tanassy

Actually there is about 200+ unconfirmed or early titles currently in production by almost every known dev out there, all for Wii U. I expect there to be 20+ Launch titles at this rate. As far as E3 goes I'm interested to see what the Wii U's new name will be.

I wanna see some new surprises on Sony's side too. Not just as for their next gen. console, but I wanna see some returning franchises.

I also want to see some AC3 and some FC3. Besides that, it'll be the same as usual. Staying up all night looking at things that may or may not interest me. Well, I'll probably skip MS altogether this time though.

On a side note regarding that article, I'm glad about the price being fair. I'll be getting it regardless of price but I don't want to pay any more than 500..

On another side note, GIVE ME ANOTHER METROID GAME, AND ANOTHER STAR FOX GAME.

shadowDOESrock

Quote from: Iris Sapphire on March 13, 2012, 02:03:53 AM
Actually there is about 200+ unconfirmed or early titles currently in production by almost every known dev out there, all for Wii U. I expect there to be 20+ Launch titles at this rate. As far as E3 goes I'm interested to see what the Wii U's new name will be.

I wanna see some new surprises on Sony's side too. Not just as for their next gen. console, but I wanna see some returning franchises.

I also want to see some AC3 and some FC3. Besides that, it'll be the same as usual. Staying up all night looking at things that may or may not interest me. Well, I'll probably skip MS altogether this time though.

On a side note regarding that article, I'm glad about the price being fair. I'll be getting it regardless of price but I don't want to pay any more than 500..

On another side note, GIVE ME ANOTHER METROID GAME, AND ANOTHER STAR FOX GAME.

pretty sure sony wont reveal their console this year.
We had Other M not too long ago - but a Star Fox game we need.

Tanassy

Other M was a while ago now.. More Metroid would be good.

Hakudamashi

OR ELSE!
Compliments to our Goddess for this piece of superspecialawesome!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

TheGameNinja

Pokemon Black 2 and White 2 will probably get a mention. The new Microsoft system will probably be talked about. Sony will talk up the Vita a lot. Nintendo will probably re-introduce the Wii U for a proper unveiling; new name, games actually running on it, it might even look different.

SmashFinale

Quote from: Iris Sapphire on March 13, 2012, 02:03:53 AM
I also want to see some AC3

Or......

Cuz quite frankly, saying "the AC Series" aint gonna help clarify things.

Quote from: windlessusher on March 13, 2012, 10:41:20 AM
New Jak & Daxter? Psychonaughts 2?

i doubt Psychonauts 2 will be able to come to fruition, and the Jak and Daxter series died when it got abandoned.

jkid101094

Quote from: SmashFinale on March 13, 2012, 12:35:51 PM
and the Jak and Daxter series died when it got abandoned.
But they're re-releasing the games in HD...

Quote from: DracoDraco:  Saber was my bitch LONG before you heard about her.  I introduced you to FSN, loser.  D<
Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

Says you. She likes me more. D<
And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

SmashFinale

Quote from: jkid101094 on March 13, 2012, 01:29:39 PM
But they're re-releasing the games in HD...
Abandoned still. Just a re-release. Not like anyone is actually going to continue the series.

Hakudamashi

Quote from: SmashFinale on March 13, 2012, 02:04:25 PM
Abandoned still. Just a re-release. Not like anyone is actually going to continue the series.
As it should be, Jak X left it on a positive, satisfying note, and after seeing "The Lost Frontier" I'd rather have it stay in my memories
That goes for you too God of War
OR ELSE!
Compliments to our Goddess for this piece of superspecialawesome!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

Tanassy

Or......

Well what the fuck do you think?

Quote from: SmashFinale on March 13, 2012, 02:04:25 PM
A re-release indeed, but it shows that there's still interest in the series and it's popularity could very well mean surprises in the future. It's happened before, it can probably happen again.

shadowDOESrock

Or......

i doubt Psychonauts 2 will be able to come to fruition, and the Jak and Daxter series died when it got abandoned.

Armored Core's fame died out with the 4th part. No one really cared about the fifth one either.

shadowDOESrock

A pair of Electronic Arts-published sequels may have been outed before their time, as South African games retailer BT Games has listed (and since pulled) pre-orders for Dead Space 3 and Need for Speed: Most Wanted 2. The existence of the former may not be surprising, but the latter? Somewhat unexpected.

Eurogamer reported today that BT Games — which had previously leaked the existence of Sony's Jak & Daxter HD Collection — posted listings for the Dead Space and Need for Speed sequels.

Rumors of Dead Space 3 have been tossed around for months, with the game's logo making an appearance on an Israeli television program and plot details putting series star Isaac Clarke on the surface of a frozen planet.

How EA might handle a direct sequel to 2005's Need for Speed: Most Wanted is perhaps the more intriguing development, given that game's notoriously so-bad-they're-good full motion video cut scenes.

With E3 and pre-E3 events happening soon, we'll likely know soon whether BT Games and rumored game details are accurate or not.

That was a quotation

So after i read that, i went to check if that was true - and our store, indeed also has, Most Wanted 2 listed developed by Criterion.
Couldnt find Dead Space 3.

Tanassy