OFF-TOPIC/SPAM SECTION WARNING

Started by Gilly, October 21, 2009, 05:54:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Iwillbenapo

Quote from: Randomsonicfan on July 27, 2011, 02:34:54 AM
I can post anything huh? ok. THE ASIAN KIDS ON THE BUS I RODE LAST YEAR SMELLED LIKE SHIT. Well it was only kid but still he was stanky  >:( 

I'm Asian ); .
Napo.

jkid101094

Quote from: Iwillbenapo on July 31, 2011, 04:41:50 AM
I'm Asian ); .
That kid has 0 posts. I highly doubt you'll ever need to worry about him.

Quote from: DracoDraco:  Saber was my bitch LONG before you heard about her.  I introduced you to FSN, loser.  D<
Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

Says you. She likes me more. D<
And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

Jazz Nova

Thanks, firestar and kirbysoul, respectively

xSalashawty

Quote from: Iwillbenapo on July 31, 2011, 04:41:50 AM
I'm Asian ); .
Dont find it offending. It's just an attempt of trollin' us badass asians. ;D
nah but seriously..ignore him

Are you lookin' at me fruitcake? I don't need a date.
Click me.

SuperWind

Wait i thoguht we don't get warned in spam. ???
Hope you guys are having fun on the Sonic Zone!
                 WHERE FUN IS NEVER DONE!

jkid101094

Quote from: SUPERWIND on August 01, 2011, 12:24:35 PM
Wait i thoguht we don't get warned in spam. ???
You still need to respect other members. And no one warned anyone.

Quote from: DracoDraco:  Saber was my bitch LONG before you heard about her.  I introduced you to FSN, loser.  D<
Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

jkid101094

Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

Jazz Nova

Silenceroftheshadows

Mines Ish Teh Ultimate Frosting Maker. Lol jk

Tanassy

I'm going to post this here, just to put forward my idea. I suggest this become common practice where needed.

We need to have a level of security to what the average member may see.
For example, when you go to an 18+ site, there's ALWAYS a warning on the font page. We're a forum, we're different, but we can exactly cater to the same idea.

See the section name, there in the index page? There's a block of text just under it.
Quote"Feel like posting something that just wouldn't fit anywhere else? Want to maybe bend the rules without getting bothered by mods? This is the place to do it! Posts you make in this section will not count toward your overall post count on the forum."

Maybe, if it looked like this, for example..
Quote"Feel like posting something that just wouldn't fit anywhere else? Want to maybe bend the rules without getting bothered by mods? This is the place to do it! Posts you make in this section will not count toward your overall post count on the forum. Please note that this section may contain topics with offensive and/or inappropriate content, as labelled"

Upon reading that, you notice the addition, which brings me to one more thing.
If it's inappropriate, [Link it].
And if the topic has that in it, label the topic [NSFW] or [18+].
It's like a door in a door.. in a door....

Quote>Kid clicks on Spam section, sees warning.
>Kid clicks on topic, sees warning.
>Kid sees post, sees warning.

If he's clicked on the link in the post by that stage, that's completely, i repeat. COMPLETELY HIS responsibilty. It's not yours or mine, or the poster's, it's his. Not only have they deliberately gone past those warnings, but they've also left the site.

And so, I suppose as long as we do that, we're not only making every member feel more comfortable browsing the forum and more importantly, respecting every member.. but we're also making all that inappropriate content much more secure, and leaving all responsibility out of this site's hands.

This is.. open for discussion, I guess.

Dracoslythe

Quote from: Tana Rei Riko on August 26, 2011, 07:57:56 AM
I'm going to post this here, just to put forward my idea. I suggest this become common practice where needed.

We need to have a level of security to what the average member may see.
For example, when you go to an 18+ site, there's ALWAYS a warning on the font page. We're a forum, we're different, but we can exactly cater to the same idea.

See the section name, there in the index page? There's a block of text just under it.
Maybe, if it looked like this, for example..
Upon reading that, you notice the addition, which brings me to one more thing.
If it's inappropriate, [Link it].
And if the topic has that in it, label the topic [NSFW] or [18+].
It's like a door in a door.. in a door....

If he's clicked on the link in the post by that stage, that's completely, i repeat. COMPLETELY HIS responsibilty. It's not yours or mine, or the poster's, it's his. Not only have they deliberately gone past those warnings, but they've also left the site.

And so, I suppose as long as we do that, we're not only making every member feel more comfortable browsing the forum and more importantly, respecting every member.. but we're also making all that inappropriate content much more secure, and leaving all responsibility out of this site's hands.

This is.. open for discussion, I guess.
Like I said before.
I agree with this completely.

It seems to be the best compromise.
No matter what, someone's gong to bitch; it's inevitable.
But this way it's not right out there, and if someone wants to click it they can; they've been warned.

Tanassy

Quote from: Dracoslythe on August 26, 2011, 08:37:25 AM
Like I said before.
I agree with this completely.

It seems to be the best compromise.
No matter what, someone's gong to bitch; it's inevitable.
But this way it's not right out there, and if someone wants to click it they can; they've been warned.
Thanks for the support.

Jazz Nova

JetTheHawk

NO SIGNATURE

Jazz Nova