Screw the forum leaving. ChaosDazer has a wacky, totally out of this world plan

Started by ChaosDazer, February 21, 2010, 01:25:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ChaosDazer

My I first say, NUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU-
Was my reaction. This is the only forum I've had friends at, only forum I've been popular, the only forum I've really participated IN. No, I'm not gonna cry. I can talk to anyone I want on MSN, but this was still a hell of a community. 
So what do we do?
We make a new forum.
Sure, it might not have it's own domain. But through personal knowledge we could make a forum with a shop, Karma, Shoutbox, and so on. It would be like a home from home, but we would all need to support it.
Firstly, there would be no new mods. No one is under obligation to rejoin the forum, but any mods who join would gain there modship back, the same goes for the admins. The forum would pretty much resume from it's previous outing.
Thirdly we would need a dedicated team of Graphic makers. I don;t expect to recreate this forum totally (unless John gives permission to use the graphics)
Fourthly this forum wouldn't have to be affiliated with the site. I mean it would be cool but wouldn't have to be.
I could elaborate more, but I want your opinions. Would you rejoin the community?
Of course if John makes a new forum anyway this is un-needed. But I don't know what's going on in his head anyway X3
witty sig caption

RedCap-BlueSpikes

Quote from: ChaosDazer on February 21, 2010, 01:25:22 AM
My I first say, NUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU-
Was my reaction. This is the only forum I've had friends at, only forum I've been popular, the only forum I've really participated IN. No, I'm not gonna cry. I can talk to anyone I want on MSN, but this was still a hell of a community. 
So what do we do?
We make a new forum.
Sure, it might not have it's own domain. But through personal knowledge we could make a forum with a shop, Karma, Shoutbox, and so on. It would be like a home from home, but we would all need to support it.
Firstly, there would be no new mods. No one is under obligation to rejoin the forum, but any mods who join would gain there modship back, the same goes for the admins. The forum would pretty much resume from it's previous outing.
Thirdly we would need a dedicated team of Graphic makers. I don;t expect to recreate this forum totally (unless John gives permission to use the graphics)
Fourthly this forum wouldn't have to be affiliated with the site. I mean it would be cool but wouldn't have to be.
I could elaborate more, but I want your opinions. Would you rejoin the community?
Of course if John makes a new forum anyway this is un-needed. But I don't know what's going on in his head anyway X3

Thats what i was thinking, if the site goes down, why not use something like freewebs, or
some other free forum making site and start anew, and not have to pay jack crap,
still donations and everything would be there, but John should give it a go if
this site dies.

darkness shadow

Quote from: MonictheDemon777 on February 21, 2010, 01:29:01 AM
Thats what i was thinking, if the site goes down, why not use something like freewebs, or
some other free forum making site and start anew, and not have to pay jack crap,
still donations and everything would be there, but John should give it a go if
this site dies.
thats probably what he's gonna do, make a new forum, but we'll lose all the ViP, SViP ect. the donation is so we don't lose all that stuff, which many people, mainly SSB has contributed to the site
supa emeraldz

thnx rival, again
shineh emeraldz =D

RedCap-BlueSpikes

I see, but yeah, hopefully we can keep this site alive, though evertime i sign in now,
im going to click on a few ads before heading to the main site if it stays alive, that is.

Sonic360

Hmm I really think we should see how the turn of events turn out lets just wait a few weeks before we actually start to do anything, well you know site wise.  Lets just donate as much as we can atm and see if it all worked out for the better.

Gilly

Let me clear something up again...
If this forum expires I already said I'll make a new one and it'll run and look pretty much the same as this one does. The reason it's a big deal is because we will potentially lose over 10,000 members, with some who have posted thousands of times, over 200,000 topics, and have to start at 0. It's sad for me because with this forum I can see the history. With a new one the history will start at day 1. The only upside to a new forum at this point would be that it'd run faster than this one does.

ChaosDazer

Quote from: John Gillis on February 21, 2010, 03:31:34 AM
Let me clear something up again...
If this forum expires I already said I'll make a new one and it'll run and look pretty much the same as this one does. The reason it's a big deal is because we will potentially lose over 10,000 members, with some who have posted thousands of times, over 200,000 topics, and have to start at 0. It's sad for me because with this forum I can see the history. With a new one the history will start at day 1. The only upside to a new forum at this point would be that it'd run faster than this one does.
Oh.
That's all good (as good as it can be.)
*locks*
witty sig caption