jkid101094

Quote from: Jazz Nova on December 22, 2010, 12:09:53 PM
soldier*
The captain made a mistake...
WHAT IS THIS WORLD COMING TO?
That was the joke...keep up with the news. :P

Quote from: Maddie8D on December 22, 2010, 12:13:56 PM
I can be a darn Good writer...
So can I. I used to have an idea for a Sonic Zone game. As well as a comic like VG cats...

Quote from: DracoDraco:  Saber was my bitch LONG before you heard about her.  I introduced you to FSN, loser.  D<
Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

Says you. She likes me more. D<
And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

Supersonic196

Quote from: jkid101094 on December 22, 2010, 12:07:36 PM
Elaborate...and capitalize your "I", solderer.
Sir yessir! Manga studio is a drawing program for making high quality manga and artwork with Japanese styled pens SIR, a bit complicated at first, but I also have the manga studio for dummies book SIR, unfortunately I have no scanner SIR :P

anyhow, its fantastic for making hand drawn comics, as long as you have a tablet.
seeing how my tablet is broken*sniffle* i can't properly use it :P

i was thinking that some of our artists here had tablets and could make better use of it than i could  ;)

jkid101094

Quote from: supersonic196 on December 22, 2010, 01:05:23 PM
Sir yessir! Manga studio is a drawing program for making high quality manga and artwork with Japanese styled pens SIR, a bit complicated at first, but I also have the manga studio for dummies book SIR, unfortunately I have no scanner SIR :P

anyhow, its fantastic for making hand drawn comics, as long as you have a tablet.
seeing how my tablet is broken*sniffle* i can't properly use it :P

i was thinking that some of our artists here had tablets and could make better use of it than i could  ;)
I know for a FACT Draco, GD and I have tablets. I think 360 is getting one...but that's all I know, I've been interested in something like that. :3

Also, have you tried replacing the tip or whatever it's called? I hear that works wonders. :P

Quote from: DracoDraco:  Saber was my bitch LONG before you heard about her.  I introduced you to FSN, loser.  D<
Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

Supersonic196

Quote from: Jazz Nova on December 22, 2010, 12:02:20 PM
Okay.
That's good...
The qualifier shouldn't be something that requires a LOT of effort and creativity...
Just enough to separate the not-goods from the people you want
well, that's reserved for the actual comic, i've got the effort, i just need some writers to provide the creativity  :P

and i think that we should put in at least 100% effort for the qualifier, i'd like to see our potential before starting the actual comic

Quote from: jkid101094 on December 22, 2010, 01:09:34 PM
I know for a FACT Draco, GD and I have tablets. I think 360 is getting one...but that's all I know, I've been interested in something like that. :3

Also, have you tried replacing the tip or whatever it's called? I hear that works wonders. :P

naw, i need a new pen entirely, and those are like 30 bucks>:U

i could probably afford at least 3 pens... but i gotta keep my priorities in order, sonic 4 episode 2, the next mario and sonic, sonic anniversary, and my sonic universe subscriptions all take priority over a new pen  :P

Skyle369

BTW, just a view of my sprite comic making skillz...

Tanassy

I could do hand drawn comics, and then someone could go over in photoshop or something, right? Coz I can't colour.

Ritz190

Exctly what i was thinking. i can draw sonic pretty well and would be willing to do so if anyone could draw backgrounds and color it in photoshop.

Any ideas for a possible game?
O.o

Supersonic196

how about sonic 1-&knuckles online, it shouldn't be that hard to recreate all those stages, and i know conker has some experience with making mmos. he even knows how to do a chat system.

we could enlist his help.
but really, it'd be pretty sweet playing through the classic sonics with the soniczone community, we could even enter it at SAGE 2011, er 12... depending on when it's done.

Skyle369

Quote from: supersonic196 on December 22, 2010, 07:39:37 PM
how about sonic 1-&knuckles online, it shouldn't be that hard to recreate all those stages, and i know conker has some experience with making mmos. he even knows how to do a chat system.

That would be hard, we better think of something else that is simple but will appeal to every Sonic fan.

Tanassy

We need to organize more events here on soniczone, too. Anything from huge chat sessions, mmo meet ups, contests, whatever. Just for the community.

xSalashawty

Quote from: Deathwing~ on December 22, 2010, 07:44:38 PM
We need to organize more events here on soniczone, too. Anything from huge chat sessions, mmo meet ups, contests, whatever. Just for the community.
One reason why I planned a MSN party.

Are you lookin' at me fruitcake? I don't need a date.
Click me.

jkid101094

Quote from: xKáyáh'sCátpirèty on December 22, 2010, 08:34:54 PM
One reason why I planned a MSN party.
Eww, MSN.
Eww, party.
Eww, socializing.
Eww, internet.
Eww, planning.
Eww, post.
Eww, ewwing.
Eww, *shot*

Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

Ritz190

hm...I always thought it would be fun to explore the entire Angel Island from Angel island zone to sky sanctuary. Either in 3D or take the 2D format and add MMO properties like special events, massive bosses for team ups and Custom characters and powers..more than recolors. (Gaia comes to mind in terms of character customizations) But It should still link with the comic we plan. would be fun to spot references and familiar dialogue that one of us wrote.
O.o

Tanassy

Quote from: Ritz190 on December 22, 2010, 08:37:25 PM
hm...I always thought it would be fun to explore the entire Angel Island from Angel island zone to sky sanctuary. Either in 3D or take the 2D format and add MMO properties like special events, massive bosses for team ups and Custom characters and powers..more than recolors. (Gaia comes to mind in terms of character customizations) But It should still link with the comic we plan. would be fun to spot references and familiar dialogue that one of us wrote.
Before you say a word, WoW is but a mere reference in the following statement.

From what I gather, you want an MMO game, right? You need to explain what genre the game is though. From what I see in your post you're looking for a game like WoW. Huge open areas, world zones (as opposed to dungeons) with lots of challenge ending with huge boss fights. group and solo elements, exploration, and the like. Combining various comics and stories would be easy, simply adding each story somehow into the flow of gameplay, maybe as quests or quest chains. As long as the background story and main plotline for the game are set, anyone can fan-character this and that weaving into the plot, or just as an extra. MMO's are a good option, but it comes at a price.

The sheer amount of work and maintenance would have to be spread out over many more people than we have. And also, we need to put up one or more permanent servers to run the game. I don't think many have the means to do that.
Discuss.

Ritz190

No not exactly. it's just something that would be cool...not exactly what I would go for though as a first project. I think the game (if one would be made) should be downloadable and, like you said, cater to sonic fans. I think an MMO would possible along the line, but for now, We just need to establish what the community wants, what is reasonable, and develop our style. Course I believe the game should be like the classics or the advance games, but not with a 'Sonic zone spin on things' so ideas are still up in the air in terms of structure. 
O.o