Pokemon Black and White

Started by TheGameNinja, April 08, 2010, 08:58:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheGameNinja

So, that thing about the shiny legendary beasts is true; they are going to have something they unlock in Black and White, but we don't know what yet. Also, the first video of the games is out via Pokemon Sunday:

ENDragoon

Awesome graphics, but I couldn't pay too much attention, the japanese people were cracking me up xD
Given enough time, any man may master the physical. With enough knowledge, any man may become wise. It is the true warrior who can master both, and surpass the result. -Tien T'ai-

Jazz Nova

Quote from: windlessusher on April 17, 2010, 01:42:57 PM
Am I the only one who thinks this should be on the Wii?
no
It may work great (like Spectrobes: Origins)
Thanks, firestar and kirbysoul, respectively

TheGameNinja

Quote from: Jazz Nova on April 20, 2010, 12:46:27 PM
no
It may work great (like Spectrobes: Origins)
They tried it with Colosseum and XD. It was okay. Just okay.

Tanassy

Quote from: TheGameNinja on April 20, 2010, 01:00:31 PM
They tried it with Colosseum and XD. It was okay. Just okay.
yeah... altho i hated it xD

TheGameNinja

Pokemon Sunday reveled the silhouettes of the new starters, as well showing a little more footage of the area shown in the previous video.

The reveal:

The new starters:

As far as I can gather, no new information was given about the games or the new starters (like their types). The next CoroCoro Magazine will likely fully unveil the starters. This issue is due out soon, but is expected to leak within the next few days.

Jazz Nova

Quote from: TheGameNinja on May 08, 2010, 03:22:11 PM
Pokemon Sunday reveled the silhouettes of the new starters, as well showing a little more footage of the area shown in the previous video.

The reveal:

The new starters:

As far as I can gather, no new information was given about the games or the new starters (like their types). The next CoroCoro Magazine will likely fully unveil the starters. This issue is due out soon, but is expected to leak within the next few days.
waaaaay past cool, dude!
Is it hard to keep up the data like this?
whatvz, +1

I hope it's not fire, water and grass types again...

TheGameNinja

Quote from: Jazz Nova on May 09, 2010, 02:46:12 PM
waaaaay past cool, dude!
Is it hard to keep up the data like this?
whatvz, +1

I hope it's not fire, water and grass types again...
It's not hard if you keep up with the news. ^_^

Also, I doubt it wouldn't be Fire/Grass/Water. It has ALWAYS been Fire/Grass/Water.

Jazz Nova

Quote from: TheGameNinja on May 09, 2010, 02:53:03 PM
It's not hard if you keep up with the news. ^_^

Also, I doubt it wouldn't be Fire/Grass/Water. It has ALWAYS been Fire/Grass/Water.
by the gods, nintendo needs some more originality of sorts...

ENDragoon

speaking of nintendos originality, a view on the zelda games:

/Offtopic/

in (1), (2); so Link must (3). He must collect three (4) to get the (5). However, (6). So Link must do moar work to collect (7). He then gets the (8) sword, which he uses to defeat (9). However, it did not end here, as he still had to (10).

1    Ocarina of Time,    Twilight Princess,    A Link to the Past,    The Minish Cap,    The Wind Waker,    The Phantom, Hourglass,    Spirit Tracks

2    Ganondorf must be stopped,    Zelda was kidnapped and the Twilight must be stopped,    Zelda was kidnapped,    Zelda got stoned,    Aryll was kidnapped,    Zelda's alter ego, Tetra, was kidnapped,    Zelda gets fragged

3    stop him,    save her,    save her,    restore her,    save her,    save her,    tell her where to go

4    Spiritual Stones,    Fused Shadows,    Medallions,    Elements,    Goddess's Pearls,    Spirits,    or four train tracks

5    Master Sword,    Master Sword,    Master Sword,    Picori Blade,    Master Sword,    GPS navigation,    plot to advance

6    this helps Ganondorf,    Zant takes the Fused Shadows,    Agahnim flees,    there's another element,    the blade is dull,    Tetra's a rock,    there's another dungeon,

7    the Sages,    the Mirror Shards, the Princesses,    the Wind Element,    two Sages,    the Pure Metals,   the light compass,

8    same,    Light,    Golden,    Four,     sharp Master,    Phantom,    Lokomo,

9    Ganondorf,    Zant,    Ganon,    Vaati    some puppets,    Bellum,    Johnny Two-hats,

10    beat Ganon,    free Zelda and beat Ganondorf three times,    listen to triangles,    for real beat Vaati,    beat, Ganondorf,    save Linebeck,    Kill Malladus
Given enough time, any man may master the physical. With enough knowledge, any man may become wise. It is the true warrior who can master both, and surpass the result. -Tien T'ai-

TheGameNinja

Here it is folks, CoroCoro has finally leaked!!

The following is copied from Serebii becomes I am teh lazy.

(Disregard the ??? faces. Apparently this forum does not support Japanese.)

* The region appears to be called the Isshu Region (????)
    * CoroCoro states that the protagonists are older than they have been so far
    * Before the scans came out, some new information was posted on 2ch including the region name which turned out true, classifications matching the Pokémon's appearance and the aforementioned possible Pokémon names. This information detailled some attacks, classifications, Zoroark's ability and the special event from the beasts. I have decided to post it with thanks to yaminokame for translation. Remember though that the following information is NOT confirmed yet.
          o The Grass Starter, Tsutaja (?????) is the Grass Snake Pokémon
          o The Fire Starter, Pokabu (???)is the Fire Pig Pokémon
          o The Water Starter, Mijumaru (?????) is the Sea Otter Pokémon
          o Zoroark has an ability called Illusion (???????) which will allow it to transform into various Pokémon. How it differs from the move Transform remains to be seen.
          o Two new attacks have been announced;
                + A move called Trickery (????) seems to allow the attack to be calculated using the opponent's stats
                + Another move called Claw Sharpen (????) raises the user's Attack and Accuracy stats
          o The special event activated by the special Raikou, Entei & Suicune given with the upcoming movie; Phantom Champion Zoroark has been detailled. In this event, when you bring the beasts (it is unclear if it's all three or just one)to the game, a special battle will occur. This battle is against a Level 25 Zoroark which will transform into the various Pokémon. At many points, it will break its transformation to allow you to capture it.
      Remember, this information is NOT Confirmed as of yet and so it's quite possible that this information is indeed inaccurate. However, as the region name was accurate, it's also quite possibly real. We'll get confirmation as to whether it's real or fake when the rest of the scans come out.

So, yeah, until someone trustworthy sits down and translates this, this is all MOSTLY speculation. But, this stuff almost always turns out to be true. The same thing happens every time a new Pokemon game comes out.

The new trainers and some new areas:

I'd like to go on the record right now as the first to say it: the female trainer has some crazy '80's hair goin' on.

The new starters and the new region:

Just the starters:

Some of the more... interesting starters.

I don't feel like typing anything else right now, so... DISCUSS!!!

Jazz Nova

TrueSilverWolf

Three new starters, different characters, another whole new adventure. Pokemon going to be a one whole new story like Shinnoh was.

TheGameNinja

Some new scans from CoroCoro are out. Kinda blurry, but they appear to verify all of yesterday's information and gives a few new tidbits. Here it is, taken from PokeBeach because I am lazy.

* The region's name is Isshu (????) and is located very far away.
    * Hiun City is Isshu's central city, pictured in the scans. "Hiun" means "bad luck" or "misfortune." It can also mean "clouds being blown by the wind."
    * The main characters are older than ever before; they are not children.
    * The starter Pokemon's names are Tsutaaja (?????), Pokabu (???), and Mijumaru (?????). For Tsuutaaja, "tsuta" means "ivy" and "ja" is one way of saying the word "snake." For Pokabu, the name derives from "pokapoka," which means "warm" in Japanese, and "bu," the sound a pig makes in Japanese culture (here it's "oink"). As for Mijumaru, "mijuku" means "immature" and "maru" means "round" or "ball."
    * It appears the starters are an ivy snake, a fire pig, and a sea otter.
    * Zorua and Zoroark's ability is called Illusion (???????). The ability allows the two Pokemon to take on the appearance of other Pokemon.
    * Two new attacks are Trickery (????), which outputs damage depending on the opposing Pokemon's stats, and Claw Sharpen (????), which raises your Attack and Accuracy. These are attacks that Zoroark can learn.
    * If you trade over the shiny Entei, Suicune, or Raikou from the the Ruler of Illusions: Zoroark movie ticket preorders, you can battle and capture a Level 25 Zoroark. During the battle, the Monster Fox Pokemon will take on the appearance of the Pokemon you traded over, and at several points it will revert to its original form (probably when weak). When it does, you can attempt to capture it.

Here's the scans:

Pokemon Sunday is going to be talking about the games, as well as the new movie, this week. I'll let everyone know if there's any news.

Also, did you catch that? The main characters aren't kids this time. Interesting. :3

Jazz Nova

cool!
So this "illusion" ability is just transform without learning the moves?
=1