Main Menu

3D DSI

Started by jman, June 21, 2010, 07:21:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jman

I heard that there was a new 3DSI coming out sometime. I didn't get any reldate but if I do I'll let yall know. heres an image of what it looks like. There are no 3D glasses required.

Who doesn't love Knuckles
1. He is cool
2. He is strong
3. He is brave

TheGameNinja

Quote from: jman on June 21, 2010, 07:21:43 AM
I heard that there was a new 3DSI coming out sometime. I didn't get any reldate but if I do I'll let yall know. heres an image of what it looks like. There are no 3D glasses required.

Wow, you're behind. XD

It's not a DSi. It isn't an upgrade to the current DS, like the lite, i, and i XL were. It's Nintendo's new handheld, the Nintendo 3DS. And, yeah, the top screen can display graphics in 3D without the need for glasses.

If you aren't following me, think the original Nintendo DS after the all the different versions of the Game Boy Advance.

...also, this thing is only a handheld in that it fits in your hand. This beast has specs almost the same as the Wii.

To give you an idea of what it can do, here's the trailer for Kid Icarus: Uprising.

Hakudamashi

Nintendo will rule the gaming world
OR ELSE!
Compliments to our Goddess for this piece of superspecialawesome!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

Firestar36

Why couldn't I wait to buy this instead of a DSi?

TheGameNinja

Quote from: Firestar36 on June 24, 2010, 05:20:59 AM

Why couldn't I wait to buy this instead of a DSi?
If it helps, it isn't coming out until sometime near the end of next year.

Ioshyriku

well the 3DS is really awesome, hope I could have the money to buy one
Quote from: windlessusher on June 21, 2010, 01:18:18 PM
Nintendo will rule the gaming world
not only the gaming world

Milow

it's small!!
i hope i can play 3ds games on my ds lite :P
i'm working on a sig

TheGameNinja

Quote from: Milow on August 29, 2010, 09:23:34 AM
it's small!!
i hope i can play 3ds games on my ds lite :P

Of course you can't. It's called "backwards compatibility." There's no real way to have forward compatibility, that would require a time machine. XD

You will be able to play DS games on the 3DS, but you will not be able to play 3DS games on a DS. Remember: this is not a new version of the DS, it is a brand new system. Like the Game Boy Advance after the Game Boy Color.

jkid101094

Quote from: TheGameNinja on August 29, 2010, 09:28:34 AM
Of course you can't. It's called "backwards compatibility." There's no real way to have forward compatibility, that would require a time machine. XD

You will be able to play DS games on the 3DS, but you will not be able to play 3DS games on a DS. Remember: this is not a new version of the DS, it is a brand new system. Like the Game Boy Advance after the Game Boy Color.
Or an updated or modded DSI. 8D
And I don't understand why, if it isn't just another DS, then what's the point of DS in it's name and the similar look and functions? :I

Quote from: DracoDraco:  Saber was my bitch LONG before you heard about her.  I introduced you to FSN, loser.  D<
Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

Says you. She likes me more. D<
And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

TheGameNinja

Quote from: jkid101094 on August 29, 2010, 10:05:37 AM
Or an updated or modded DSI. 8D
And I don't understand why, if it isn't just another DS, then what's the point of DS in it's name and the similar look and functions? :I
But the DSi is still just an update to the DS. This is entirely new hardware.

And, it's the same reason the called all of the old handhelds some variation of "Game Boy".

Sonic Jackson

Quote from: jman on June 21, 2010, 07:21:43 AM

it's not "3DSI", it's simply "3DS" as you can see on the picture

Quote from: TheGameNinja on August 29, 2010, 10:19:15 AM
But the DSi is still just an update to the DS. This is entirely new hardware.

And, it's the same reason the called all of the old handhelds some variation of "Game Boy".

;) I agree with you, the game ninja, using no glasses to watch to the 3RD dimension, on an handled console is totally brand new compared to the DSI

Rulep

I heard the DSI  will come have some good games in it's libary. If Paper Mario for the DSI is good. I'll just get the DSI when its cheaper
Rulep: do you ever fall in love with yourself
Captain Nook: for me, there could never be anyone else.
Captain Nook: I've spent hours looking in the mirror.

TheGameNinja

Quote from: Rulep on September 08, 2010, 02:19:48 PM
I heard the DSI  will come have some good games in it's libary. If Paper Mario for the DSI is good. I'll just get the DSI when its cheaper
This. Is. Not. A. DSi.

This is the 3DS.

:|

Rulep

Quote from: TheGameNinja on September 08, 2010, 02:29:28 PM
This. Is. Not. A. DSi.

This is the 3DS.

:|

Well I'm a normal human and tend to make mistakes through time... But lol, I'm losing it 0.0
Rulep: do you ever fall in love with yourself
Captain Nook: for me, there could never be anyone else.
Captain Nook: I've spent hours looking in the mirror.

TheGameNinja

Quote from: Rulep on September 08, 2010, 03:12:48 PM
Well I'm a normal human and tend to make mistakes through time... But lol, I'm losing it 0.0
The DSi is getting a price cut soon. But, it'd be a waste to get it. I'd just wait for the 3DS.