Animal Crossing!

Started by Gleech, January 02, 2009, 01:38:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gleech

Talk about the video game series by Nintendo, 'Animal Crossing' here! Rate the games, or just talk about them!

So, what did you all think of AC:CF/AC:LGTTC (Animal Crossing: City Folk/Animal Crossing: Lets Go to the City), personally i thought its great! I havent upgraded my house past the first upgrade, but thats only because i know there arent as many upgrades as in AC:WW (Animal Crossing: Wild World). I played Wifi with a friend today too! It was my first time! Although, i wasnt happy with the lag between, lets say, pressing 'B' TO pull a weed, and really pulling the weed :/ that may just be where my Wii was placed and how far it was from the router but idk. I really like how they also brought back some of the old characters (or all, idk XD) and added a city! I dont like though, the 'path' idea! This could turn your town into a mud pit! I think they should've just made it so that you can dig up grass where you want to make a path! This way the person can decide where they want one. Like add anoter button for the shovel to dig up grass! Also you could plant grass by buying it from Nook's.

My rating: 8/10 AWESOME

AC:WW (Animal Crossing: Wild World)

Well, idk where to start... it wasnt my favorite out of the series, but it had its ups and downs. For one thing there was an up side about the house upgrades! On the down side, you had to share the house with other people (I have to with my sisters). I liked how they started using cars (which led up to the bus in AC:CF/AC:LGTTC). Theres not much to say about this game, i really didnt like it as much...

my rating: 6/10 It had its moments...

AC (Animal Crossing (Gamecube))

This was a great start for the series! I loved this game so much. When i play any of the other games in spring, it just brings back so many memories of my first town! I didnt like though, that you couldn't take your hat off... it made you look like a human bull (for boys)! But i loved how the houses that you could move into were close! Although i liked how AC:CF/AC:LGTTC (Animal Crossing: City Folk/Animal Crossing: Lets Go to the City") did it too, i really liked that. Now i liked how big your house got to grow, but one thing that bugs me, is when you payed it off... i felt like the game had ended and there was nothing to do! I remember my two towns (2 memory cards=fun) had a glitch. Ok have you ever met Tybalt? Nice guy huh? Little did i know i was about to start seeing double! In my first town, Tybalt moved in, ok? I was having fun with him, and we were buds! Then i played in my second town and Tybalt moved in there too! I cant remember what i thought at the time, but my best guess would be that Tybalt from town 1 moved to town 2, but this wasnt what happened! Another Tybalt moved into Town 2!! Shortly after, Tybalt 2 moved into town 1! And i was unlucky at the time, i had a job to get something to Tybalt! Tybalt 1 had moved out of town 1, and Tybalt 2 was now the ew Tybalt 1. This caused problems, because i was suppose to deliver the thng to the REAL Tybalt 1! This was confusing, but it was funny.

My rating: 7/10 Nice!

Anyone seen the Animal Crossing Movie? What did you think? I liked it! But i found the ending a little weird O.o

Quote from: SonicFan47 on December 16, 2008, 08:00:41 PM
I don't care in the Ryan/Jason debate. I can't tell the difference
but I favor JALEEL WHITE!

Elija2

I saw the movie too, and it was alright I guess. I liked how it referenced the Animal Crossing games a lot, especially Wild World. It really stayed true to the games.

The only game I own is Wild World, and in my opinion it's the best. Granted, the graphics are worse and the town is smaller than the other versions, but you can take it anywhere which is a real plus if you don't have time to turn on your Gamecube or Wii to do a little work on your town. I also found the controls to be great, especially in the menus when selecting or selling items. It's probably a lot easier than using a Wiimote or selecting with a D-Pad. Wild World was also the first to do multiplayer, online and offline. In the original two people couldn't go around in the same town at the same time, but in Wild World you could play with your pals anywhere or even online. It's much better that the other versions to me. Or maybe I think it's the best because it's the only one I own. Either way, I have played the original before but I like Wild World better.

I give it:

8/10

Gleech

Quote from: Elija2 on January 03, 2009, 04:35:34 PM
I saw the movie too, and it was alright I guess. I liked how it referenced the Animal Crossing games a lot, especially Wild World. It really stayed true to the games.

The only game I own is Wild World, and in my opinion it's the best. Granted, the graphics are worse and the town is smaller than the other versions, but you can take it anywhere which is a real plus if you don't have time to turn on your Gamecube or Wii to do a little work on your town. I also found the controls to be great, especially in the menus when selecting or selling items. It's probably a lot easier than using a Wiimote or selecting with a D-Pad. Wild World was also the first to do multiplayer, online and offline. In the original two people couldn't go around in the same town at the same time, but in Wild World you could play with your pals anywhere or even online. It's much better that the other versions to me. Or maybe I think it's the best because it's the only one I own. Either way, I have played the original before but I like Wild World better.

I give it:

8/10

yeah i liked that about the movie too XD

and lol its true, the wiimote is hard to use in typing and grabbing stuff XD

Quote from: SonicFan47 on December 16, 2008, 08:00:41 PM
I don't care in the Ryan/Jason debate. I can't tell the difference
but I favor JALEEL WHITE!

loopdeer

There was a game before all of the normal animal crossing series it was called Animal Forest if you were to translate it from japenese and it was for nintendo 64 it was basically the same as the gamecube version, but when ever you played you had to set the clock again and again.

mike_17

i heard its SUPER lame. but im not too sure. i havent played it

Hakudamashi

Quote from: mike_17 on January 17, 2009, 12:43:49 PM
i heard its SUPER lame. but im not too sure. i havent played it
ppl are filling ur head with sh*t D:<
OR ELSE!
Compliments to our Goddess for this piece of superspecialawesome!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

unleashed

supercoolsonic

I think its fun but it got annoying that I had to play it everyday! >:(

Nick the Hedgehog

its a bundle of adventure in a town,i should know,ive played it!  :P

joeyknock0

ug it is just plain anoying!