Dragonball Z: Budokai Tenkaichi 4 ~ LAST DBZ TENKAICHI-STYLE GAME

Started by shadowDOESrock, July 03, 2011, 05:30:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

shadowDOESrock

aka 'Ultimate Tenkaichi'
aka 'Super Tenkaichi'

This Game is to Feature all the DBZ & GT Characters, All The Modes & an Open World.
Also 'Realistic' Destruction and a fleshed out Story Mode.

HereAndThere

Finally a new Tenkaichi game..
This one better have all the characters from the anime(s)...
Like that dude that Krillin owns in the first fight of the first world tournament in the second book...

shadowDOESrock

Quote from: jeexx on July 03, 2011, 05:38:14 AM
Finally a new Tenkaichi game..
This one better have all the characters from the anime(s)...
Like that dude that Krillin owns in the first fight of the first world tournament in the second book...

Quote from: Lucyfied~ on July 03, 2011, 05:30:11 AM

This Game is to Feature all the DBZ & GT Characters, All The Modes & an Open World.

Post Merge: July 03, 2011, 10:50:17 AM

oh, and it also seems they got a few cues from the Naruto Game, Ultimate Ninja Storm 2...

shadowDOESrock

Update~

This will be the LAST Dragonball Game from Spike.

Which ultimately puts both the Budokai Tenkaichi & Raging Blast Franchises to ice.

This said, there only is DIMPS (Budokai 1-3 & Burst Limit) left to work on a DBZ Game.
But those seem to be more busy helping SEGA out with Sonic Games.

Ioshyriku

from the info you put in there I think this is a pretty great end for a game franchise

Tanassy

oh wow, this looks like it'll shit all over the others. I am however, glad it's the last.

Kenotsu

So basically Raging Blast 3 under the Tenkiachi label? TAKE MY MONEY NOW!!

shadowDOESrock

Update~

The Game will feature with brand new content and gameplay and a comprehensive character line up. It has faithful manga-style graphics, totally destructible battle fields, and refined controls designed to bring the experience closer to the highly acclaimed Budokai Tenkaichi series. The character and environment graphics are upgraded since the previous series. The battle field destructions include realistic craters and Kamehameha tracers cutting across the sky, delivering a heightened sensation of realism and dynamic immediacy. The controls are designed to bring the experience closer to the previous Budokai Tenkaichi series, making the play accessible to all, but retaining all the tactical depth in battle. The gameplay also includes elements from the Budokai series, such as Quick Time Events during certain combos.

Kenotsu

Hakudamashi

OR ELSE!
Compliments to our Goddess for this piece of superspecialawesome!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

TheGameNinja

The last DBZ game I played was Burst Limit. Which was fine... for one fight. Since every single fight was exactly the same. Same animations. Same fight styles. Same everything. Boring game was so, SO boring.

So long as it's not like that. Or... Sagas (ugh) I'll give it a shot.

Kenotsu

The Budokai Tenkaichi series started before Burst limit came out. You should look at gameplay videos for 1, 2, 3, and Dragonball: Raging Blast 1 and 2.

SmashFinale

i just hate the Raging Blast controls and gameplay. i just played the demo for Raging Blast 2 and im still going wtf, i can barely freaking charge up  >:(

TheGameNinja

Quote from: Kenotsu on July 07, 2011, 03:34:34 PM
The Budokai Tenkaichi series started before Burst limit came out. You should look at gameplay videos for 1, 2, 3, and Dragonball: Raging Blast 1 and 2.

Uh, duh, I knew that. I've played all of the Budokai games. I own Budokai Tenkaichi.

I never tried Raging Blast because I was kinda burnt out on DBZ games at the time.

shadowDOESrock

Quote from: TheGameNinja on July 08, 2011, 04:19:37 AM
Uh, duh, I knew that. I've played all of the Budokai games. I own Budokai Tenkaichi.

I never tried Raging Blast because I was kinda burnt out on DBZ games at the time.

Raging Blast is just a crap-version of BT1

jkid101094

Quote from: TheGameNinja on July 06, 2011, 03:24:43 PM
The last DBZ game I played was Burst Limit. Which was fine... for one fight. Since every single fight was exactly the same. Same animations. Same fight styles. Same everything. Boring game was so, SO boring.

So long as it's not like that. Or... Sagas (ugh) I'll give it a shot.
The last DBZ game I played was Budokai 2 on the Gamecube and to this day it's still one of my favorite fighting genre games of all time. I loved the capsules to death.

Quote from: DracoDraco:  Saber was my bitch LONG before you heard about her.  I introduced you to FSN, loser.  D<
Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

Says you. She likes me more. D<
And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

Hakudamashi

Quote from: jkid101094 on July 08, 2011, 12:22:52 PM
The last DBZ game I played was Budokai 2 on the Gamecube and to this day it's still one of my favorite fighting genre games of all time. I loved the capsules to death.
Not even budokai 3?
OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

jkid101094

Quote from: DracoDraco:  Saber was my bitch LONG before you heard about her.  I introduced you to FSN, loser.  D<
Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

Hakudamashi

Quote from: jkid101094 on July 08, 2011, 01:04:58 PM
I don't think I ever got around to playing that, no.
Boy, if you thought Budokai 2 was amazing, prepare to have your mind blown
OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

SmashFinale

Quote from: windlessusher on July 08, 2011, 01:19:35 PM
Boy, if you thought Budokai 2 was amazing, prepare to have your mind blown
^This

Trust us on that. Budokai 3 will blow your FRICKEN MIND!
And if u ever played X-Men Legends, you will hear cameo music from a level in that game, just like Shadow The Hedgehog did.

jkid101094

Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

SmashFinale

Quote from: jkid101094 on July 08, 2011, 03:41:03 PM
Excuse me?
Ah, rant time...
actually, more of a demonstration...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rVbQ1L87PBk&feature=mfu_in_order&list=UL
at 0:22 you will hear it. this is used in Death Ruins for Shadow the Hedgehog
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yYV8y4QDKS8&feature=related
its at 0:43

i couldnt find the original Xmen Legends Vid for it but:

the first seven seconds is the cameo music for Xmen Legends though

Hakudamashi

Quote from: SmashFinale on July 08, 2011, 03:27:05 PM
^This

Trust us on that. Budokai 3 will blow your FRICKEN MIND!
And it may be worse than Budokai 3, but Infinite World will also blow your mind if your stuck on Budokai 2
OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

Fiamonder

First try at making a sig, It's decent.

hackerman

This is awesome! Tenkaichi 3 was the best and think about how great this will be. Hopefully  the characters will have more special moves! And also make some of the stories make more like the anime because some parts were completely off. Like In Tenkaichi 3 they put Nail defeating the Ginyu force :P

billyhatcher312

epicwinning

shadowDOESrock

New Trailer emerged

And few new AMAZING Screenshots

And Cutscene Screenshots

Hakudamashi

I saw gameplay vids on gametrailers. It looks like a very complicated game of rock paper scissors...
OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

TheGameNinja

Hakudamashi

Quote from: TheGameNinja on August 05, 2011, 05:06:41 PM
Well... it... looks nice. :/
I find ur post depressing, and now I am depressed, thx for ruining my Saturday morning
OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

Kenotsu

So I just heard there's going to be a character creator. That'll keep me busy for the next YEAR...

shadowDOESrock

So this Game comes with a Character Creator, Combo Creator, An Open World & Giant Battles from Naruto Ultimate Ninja Storm 1 also make an appearence.

This is an amazing end of an amazing game franchise based of an anime.
We will miss you...

jkid101094

Quote from: The Lovely Kyo~ on September 01, 2011, 06:38:25 AM

So this Game comes with a Character Creator, Combo Creator, An Open World & Giant Battles from Naruto Ultimate Ninja Storm 1 also make an appearence.

We will miss you...
Permission to squee like a little girl?

Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

SmashFinale

OCTOBER 28TH?!
DAMMIT! I'll Be Too Busy Playing Kirby's Return To Dream Land to play that :(

The gameplay reminds me of WWF/E series video games when it comes to customization.
Looks like my bro might actually get this game

Hakudamashi

Quote from: The Lovely Kyo~ on September 01, 2011, 06:38:25 AM

We will miss you...
If I get the game, the first character I'm gonna make will be a saiyan.
OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

shadowDOESrock

Anime Cutscenes... FUCK YEAH!
And in actual HD, redone.... FUCK YEAH!

jkid101094

Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

SmashFinale

okay that's epic and all but i seriously want to see some button pushing HUD action so i know for a fact that it sure as hell will NOT play like fuckin' Raging Blast cause i wont be getting the game if it has that shit...

Tanassy

Hakudamashi

Quote from: The Lovely Kyo~ on September 08, 2011, 11:46:43 AM

Anime Cutscenes... FUCK YEAH!
And in actual HD, redone.... FUCK YEAH!
Those anime cutscenes are what Kai should've looked like.
OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

jkid101094

We won't get the anime cutscenes when this hits shores. It always happens. :U

Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

TheGameNinja

jkid101094

Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

SmashFinale

Bitch. Bitch, moan and gripe about minor changes. Games are about GAMEPLAY, not just art. but sense the art and cutscenes are more important to you, there will be no need to play the game then

jkid101094

Quote from: SmashFinale on September 09, 2011, 02:26:09 PM
Bitch. Bitch, moan and gripe about minor changes. Games are about GAMEPLAY, not just art. but sense the art and cutscenes are more important to you, there will be no need to play the game then

*face palm*

Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

Tanassy

Art is VERY important in a game. Don't confuse art with graphics, friend.

jkid101094

I never said I wouldn't play the game SF, I was just suggesting I'd be disappointed if this happened again:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2Q23acWEaQ&feature=related

Not as bad as I remember it, but you get the point.

Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

Hakudamashi

ppl can't use games to appeal to fans?
OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

shadowDOESrock

Quote from: [Tana~] on September 09, 2011, 02:54:46 PM
Art is VERY important in a game. Don't confuse art with graphics, friend.

They kinda both come together.

For example, Sniper Ghost Warrior had AMAZING Graphics, but it still looked like shit.

Tanassy

Quote from: The Lovely Kyo~ on September 10, 2011, 05:05:53 AM
They kinda both come together.

For example, Sniper Ghost Warrior had AMAZING Graphics, but it still looked like shit.
Because the artstyle was crap?

Tanassy

SmashFinale

that convo just destroyed itself?
anyways i despise the concept art in Tatsunoko. It was horribly ugly. Why would i want to see their anime cut scenes if they cant draw their concept art to look like the person it's supposed to be? Then again, i actually dont give a flying fuck about art, all i truly care for is story and gameplay. If one is broken, im there for the other(in this case, Sonic 06.)

jkid101094

Quote from: SmashFinale on September 10, 2011, 08:42:38 AM
that convo just destroyed itself?
anyways i despise the concept art in Tatsunoko. It was horribly ugly. Why would i want to see their anime cut scenes if they cant draw their concept art to look like the person it's supposed to be? Then again, i actually dont give a flying fuck about art, all i truly care for is story and gameplay. If one is broken, im there for the other(in this case, Sonic 06.)
Those are the two top on my list too, but you have to admit, there's more to a game than that. A game can be amazing, but if the aesthetics are so bright that they make your eyes burn no one's going to want to deal with that to play the game. Story and Gameplay are important but it takes much more to make a good game.

Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

SmashFinale

Quote from: jkid101094 on September 10, 2011, 08:54:12 AM
Those are the two top on my list too, but you have to admit, there's more to a game than that. A game can be amazing, but if the aesthetics are so bright that they make your eyes burn no one's going to want to deal with that to play the game. Story and Gameplay are important but it takes much more to make a good game.
Good Point on that Jkid. i cant play CoD very well because the graphics are TOO real(for my eyes). i cant see any enemy that i do not think is just debris in the wind. So that is pretty much unplayable. Yet i find myself trying to play that game anyways cause the gameplay is addicting enough to want to play it again, despite it's major faults. I know it sounds strange, but that is how i play.

Tanassy

Quote from: jkid101094 on September 10, 2011, 08:54:12 AM
aesthetics are so bright
This is going to be Super mario 3D Land's problem.. It's kinda sad and I hope they fix it. /kindaofftopic

Kenotsu

jkid101094

Quote from: Kenotsu on September 12, 2011, 12:04:16 PM
Hey guys...

CHARACTER CREATOR!
A bit less than I was hoping for but I'll still have hours of fun. o3o

Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

SmashFinale

jkid101094

Quote from: SmashFinale on September 12, 2011, 12:24:26 PM
that was already posted...
Since when? I hadn't seen it.
Quote from: The Lovely Kyo~ on September 13, 2011, 04:45:39 AM
Freiza sounds weird, but other than that this looks awesome. :3

"A childish move!" *stands there* "Wha-? *gets owned*

Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

SmashFinale

nvm what i said jkid

it looks like it does play more like UNS2. guess i need to play the dmeo to truly get a feel on the game

jkid101094

Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

SmashFinale

jkid101094

Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

SmashFinale

Huh... it went to split screen and back to fullscreen like in The Warriors... cool

jkid101094

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NsTik6ayMfw&feature=watch_response

Also this.

God, you kids missed about 30,000 trailers.

I am currently jizzing my pants. I might just get this instead of Sonic Generations.

Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

jkid101094

Quote from: Kenotsu on September 12, 2011, 12:04:16 PM
Hey guys...

CHARACTER CREATOR!
Nonononononononononononononononononononononono...I just noticed...NO FEMALE GENDER OPTION. FFFU-

The real deal better have more features. ._.

Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

jkid101094

My hype for this game just died and burned in a pit...

QuoteIts been confirmed on the facebook page that you will not be able to make female characters.

..please say it isn't so?

Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

Supersonic196

Quote from: jkid101094 on September 15, 2011, 01:54:13 AM
I might just get this instead of Sonic Generations.
D:

It's not like it's been 17 years since we've had good 2d platforming in a sonic console game or anything...

jkid101094

Quote from: supersonic196 on September 27, 2011, 06:08:26 PM
D:

It's not like it's been 17 years since we've had good 2d platforming in a sonic console game or anything...
I can hardly stand retro Sonic games. I'm more excited to play the Modern stages.

Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

Tanassy

Quote from: jkid101094 on September 27, 2011, 05:52:21 PM
My hype for this game just died and burned in a pit...

..please say it isn't so?
Wow.. what a retarded reason to lose hype.

jkid101094

Quote from: Tana~ on September 27, 2011, 06:16:43 PM
Wow.. what a retarded reason to lose hype.
I love you too...

That's the main thing I was going for, Tana. You're talking to the kid who bought Diddy Kong Racing DS on a whim because he heard it had a track editor. I LOVE things like this and you have no idea how excited I was to get to use it, but since the thing is so limited (you can't make other races either, apparently) everything I wanted to do was just shot down. They talked about a great character creation system and fed us mix and match pieces of the current characters. Also, after watching for a bit I noticed there's no real indication of exactly where you're at on the color slider (numbers are nice) and once again, it's not nearly as expansive as SC4's.

Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

Tanassy

Quote from: jkid101094 on September 27, 2011, 06:22:47 PM
They talked about a great character creation system
Any company will tell you their product is great.

And honestly, I don't agree with you because I don't think that's an important part of the game.

If it hurts you that much though, then it's not my place to say it shouldn't.

Supersonic196

jkid101094

Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

Tanassy

jkid101094

Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

Supersonic196

Quote from: jkid101094 on September 27, 2011, 06:43:13 PM
Hey, not my fault they just don't do it for me. =\

What if they were in HD with the ability to switch to modern gameplay when you wanted MMMM?

Hakudamashi

Quote from: supersonic196 on September 27, 2011, 07:01:01 PM
What if they were in HD with the ability to switch to modern gameplay when you wanted MMMM?
Why is it soo hard to believe that some people actually don't like the retro Sonic games?
I also hate em =/
OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

Tanassy

And what game allows you to do this?

jkid101094

Then I'd just play as Modern the entire time. :P

Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

Supersonic196

Quote from: jkid101094 on September 27, 2011, 07:16:40 PM
Then I'd just play as Modern the entire time. :P
That's fine by me...

Are you still considering Tenkaichi 4 after that letdown?
It does look like a rather good time, but with a lame character maker you dont wanna use,
what's to separate it from the previous game? (which was amazing btw)

jkid101094

Quote from: supersonic196 on September 27, 2011, 07:38:29 PM
That's fine by me...

Are you still considering Tenkaichi 4 after that letdown?
It does look like a rather good time, but with a lame character maker you dont wanna use,
what's to separate it from the previous game? (which was amazing btw)
I loved Budokai 2 and I'll get over the letdown. I already have Generations reserved anyway so I was thinking about renting DBZUT since it came out first.

Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

shadowDOESrock

Quote from: jkid101094 on September 27, 2011, 06:22:47 PM
I love you too...

That's the main thing I was going for, Tana. You're talking to the kid who bought Diddy Kong Racing DS on a whim because he heard it had a track editor. I LOVE things like this and you have no idea how excited I was to get to use it, but since the thing is so limited (you can't make other races either, apparently) everything I wanted to do was just shot down. They talked about a great character creation system and fed us mix and match pieces of the current characters. Also, after watching for a bit I noticed there's no real indication of exactly where you're at on the color slider (numbers are nice) and once again, it's not nearly as expansive as SC4's.

i have to agree.

when i first heard about 'Character Creator', my first thought was 'FUCK YEAH, FEMALE SAIYAN KICKING CELLS ASS'... but nooo...

Supersonic196

Quote from: {The Lovely Kyo}~ on September 28, 2011, 06:29:56 AM
i have to agree.

when i first heard about 'Character Creator', my first thought was 'FUCK YEAH, FEMALE SAIYAN KICKING CELLS ASS'... but nooo...
SAD FOR YOUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!!!!!!!!?

Hakudamashi

i have to agree.

Wait, does this mean Fasha(or whatever her name was), Pan, Android 18 and Zangya won't be in the game?
OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

shadowDOESrock

Quote from: windlessusher on September 28, 2011, 07:19:48 AM
Wait, does this mean Fasha(or whatever her name was), Pan, Android 18 and Zangya won't be in the game?

those are in the game, but you can only create male saiyans.

Hakudamashi

Quote from: {The Lovely Kyo}~ on September 28, 2011, 07:21:53 AM
those are in the game, but you can only create male saiyans.
lol "those"

But seriously, if they have models ready for female characters, then why not have a female character creator?
OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

Buffy26yrs

Hakudamashi

OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

jkid101094

i have to agree.

If they give us a female gender via DLC I'll steal my mom's credit card. :U

Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

Hakudamashi

Quote from: jkid101094 on September 28, 2011, 01:08:06 PM

If they give us a female gender via DLC I'll steal my mom's credit card. :U
f*cking DLC ruined gaming for me =l
OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

jkid101094

Quote from: windlessusher on September 28, 2011, 01:12:02 PM
So I've heard...

Post Merge: September 29, 2011, 06:10:11 AM

Post Merge: September 29, 2011, 07:20:23 AM

I can see Dodoria's fat, pink ass over there in the corner but who's that with the hat? Arale?

Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

shadowDOESrock

Quote from: windlessusher on September 28, 2011, 01:12:02 PM

DLC's where once known as 'Expansion Packs'
Nothing changed, aside fromt the amount.

Tanassy

Quote from: {The Lovely Kyo}~ on September 29, 2011, 06:52:20 AM

The amount.. which is now about ten times less.

Hakudamashi

Quote from: {The Lovely Kyo}~ on September 29, 2011, 06:52:20 AM
The existence of DLC doesn't bother me
Planning DLC while the game is in development on the other hand...
OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

SmashFinale

Quote from: windlessusher on September 29, 2011, 03:01:02 PM
Planning DLC while the game is in development on the other hand...
^This.
Only time that i can expect it is when something completely unexpected happens during mid-development and they HAVE to put it in as a way to release on schedule. Just dont Sonic 06 it...

Hakudamashi

Quote from: SmashFinale on September 29, 2011, 03:40:05 PM
^This.
Only time that i can expect it is when something completely unexpected happens during mid-development and they HAVE to put it in as a way to release on schedule. Just dont Sonic 06 it...
If it's unxpected, then it isn't planned
I'm talking about "Let's make a fighting game with 15 characters for $60, then sell the other 5 as DLC for $5 each"
Sh*t like that makes me rage
OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

shadowDOESrock

Quote from: windlessusher on September 29, 2011, 04:49:49 PM
I'm talking about "Let's make a fighting game with 15 characters for $60, then sell the other 5 as DLC for $5 each"

not all DLCs are capcom'd.

Hakudamashi

Quote from: {The Lovely Kyo}~ on September 29, 2011, 05:56:32 PM
not all DLCs are capcom'd.
I wasn't limiting it to Capcom
I'm just saying DLC should be used for ideas or events that occurred to them at least a few months after the game is released, y'know, so that I don't feel ripped off =/
OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

jkid101094

You know...everyone is talking about a Facebook post deconfiming anything but male Saiyans, but when I try to click on the Facebook I get sent to my home page, as do many others. I have never seen the slightest proof of this post and in the description for the Character Creation trailer it says you can change your characters build in much more, the former of which isn't in the trailer either...I'm crossing my fingers. :U

Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

Tanassy

Quote from: windlessusher on September 29, 2011, 04:49:49 PM

IMO, Everything should be included in the game day 1. "planned" DLC is stupid unless it's really something big that would extend from the game's release.
After the game's release, DLC should not be released unless there's a fair amount of extra content. OR it should be free, and not like $5 for one character.

Remember this game?

It'll cost you about 2 ~ 5 bucks just for a costume or two. (All the DLC released is accumulative of about $100+)
AND you have to pay for DLC just to raise the level cap.

It's a good example of how retarded this is getting.

'scuse for the slight offtopicness.

shadowDOESrock

Quote from: *Tana on September 29, 2011, 06:42:05 PM
IMO, Everything should be included in the game day 1. "planned" DLC is stupid unless it's really something big that would extend from the game's release.
After the game's release, DLC should not be released unless there's a fair amount of extra content. OR it should be free, and not like $5 for one character.

Remember this game?

It'll cost you about 2 ~ 5 bucks just for a costume or two. (All the DLC released is accumulative of about $100+)
AND you have to pay for DLC just to raise the level cap.

It's a good example of how retarded this is getting.

'scuse for the slight offtopicness.

lolfree.

you had to pay to raise the level cap in borderlands too, though it came with an entire campaign.

and the custome thing is obviously to be paid, since you dont need them.

Tanassy

Quote from: {The Lovely Kyo}~ on September 30, 2011, 06:55:13 AM
lolfree.

you had to pay to raise the level cap in borderlands too, though it came with an entire campaign.

and the custome thing is obviously to be paid, since you dont need them.
I'd at least rather pay a fair amount for a good lot of DLC than pay a huge price for one thing that doesn't even change the game much.

jkid101094

Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

shadowDOESrock

Quote from: *Tana on September 30, 2011, 10:15:46 AM
I'd at least rather pay a fair amount for a good lot of DLC than pay a huge price for one thing that doesn't even change the game much.

then dont pay for it?
its not like you NEED the costumes

SmashFinale

Tanassy

jkid101094

Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

shadowDOESrock

jkid101094

Quote from: {The Lovely Kyo}~ on October 01, 2011, 03:14:05 AM
already did that, son.
feels amazing.
>:\

Son, I am disappoint. But seriously, we should probably get back on topic.

Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

Hakudamashi

Will this game have the option to turn those cutscenes off?
I don't want an epic long dramatic sequence EVERY time I do a kamehameha
OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

jkid101094

Quote from: windlessusher on October 01, 2011, 05:23:18 AM
Will this game have the option to turn those cutscenes off?
I don't want an epic long dramatic sequence EVERY time I do a kamehameha
Not that I know of, but I hear the battle system got an extreme makeover.

Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

SmashFinale

Quote from: jkid101094 on October 01, 2011, 05:31:40 AM
but I hear the battle system got an extreme makeover.
....... Please....... please... be a playable game... for goodness sake dont become Raging Blast... please....

jkid101094

Quote from: SmashFinale on October 01, 2011, 08:23:23 AM
....... Please....... please... be a playable game... for goodness sake dont become Raging Blast... please....

Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

SmashFinale

i meant the controls more than  the gameplay itself, but it doesnt look like Raging Blast right now. So the Demo is the best way to see for myself.

dreamcasthime

Well,the game series of DBZ has always been my second favorite game series,I'm disappointed that this will probably be the  last,but at least this will be a fucking epic game to end the entire DBZ franchise. Due to manga and anime of the series already being completed. I'm just happy the entire franchise gets to finally end with an epic ending,Ultimate Tenkaichi.

jkid101094

Quote from: Kona-Chan~ on October 01, 2011, 12:18:56 PM
Well,the game series of DBZ has always been my second favorite game series,I'm disappointed that this will probably be the  last,but at least this will be a fucking epic game to end the entire DBZ franchise. Due to manga and anime of the series already being completed. I'm just happy the entire franchise gets to finally end with an epic ending,Ultimate Tenkaichi.
This is the last game from this specific developer, not the last DBZ game

Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

SmashFinale

Quote from: jkid101094 on October 01, 2011, 12:23:56 PM
This is the last game from this specific developer, not the last DBZ game
that ruined his speech

jkid101094

Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

Hakudamashi

Quote from: Kona-Chan~ on October 01, 2011, 12:18:56 PM
It's not over till I get my Burst Limit 2 >=U
OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

shadowDOESrock

Quote from: windlessusher on October 01, 2011, 03:53:42 PM
It's not over till I get my Burst Limit 2 >=U

The Burst Limit developer is currently busy making Sonic 4 Episode 2 & co-developing the Street Fighter Games.

SmashFinale

Quote from: {The Lovely Kyo}~ on October 01, 2011, 03:57:43 PM
The Burst Limit developer is currently busy making Sonic 4 Episode 2 & co-developing the Street Fighter Games.
just say Dimps. It aint hard to say. i once remember that everyone blamed Dimps for the bad parts of SU and Sonic 4. D:<

Hakudamashi

Quote from: SmashFinale on October 01, 2011, 06:08:21 PM
just say Dimps. It aint hard to say. i once remember that everyone blamed Dimps for the bad parts of SU and Sonic 4. D:<
Even though they made Sonic Advance 1-3 and Sonic Rush?
OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

Skyle369

Tanassy

jkid101094

Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

Hakudamashi

Quote from: {The Lovely Kyo}~ on July 03, 2011, 05:30:11 AM

aka 'Ultimate Tenkaichi'
aka 'Super Tenkaichi'

Still waiting for a game that can go from DragonBall to GT =/
And don't say BT3, it barely touched the DragonBall arcs
OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

SmashFinale

Quote from: windlessusher on October 02, 2011, 05:29:11 PM
Still waiting for a game that can go from DragonBall to GT =/
And don't say BT3, it barely touched the DragonBall arcs
ok then. Dragon Ball Z Budokai 3. How's that.
*prepares for the oncoming onslaught of Wind.*

Hakudamashi

OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

jkid101094

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sjkRcKK4Kts&feature=related

Fucking beautiful.

Post Merge: October 26, 2011, 03:39:15 AM

http://dragonball.wikia.com/wiki/Ultimate_Tenkaichi

So here's the DB Wiki which has pretty much everything about the game now that it's out. I personally am disappointed...Very much so...

Not just female create a characters are absent, but there are literally no female playable characters. Not even Pan or Videl. None of the Shenrons are in (sans Omega) which kills my hope for Oceanus Shenron being in the game...Hell, not even Hercule is playable. The only two reason I could see playing this is because of the revamped cutscenes and the new gameplay mechanics because quite honestly everything else is just fucking disappointing.

Post Merge: October 26, 2011, 11:19:41 AM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TVWDAX3uZsA&feature=related

Post Merge: October 26, 2011, 01:43:41 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NLCBWqxU3PA&feature=feedf

Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

jkid101094

Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

Hakudamashi

Good to know Android 18 isn't a female...

And I'm hardly affected by the roster, because the characters they left out are characters I never use anyway...
OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

jkid101094

Quote from: windlessusher on October 28, 2011, 02:12:39 PM
Good to know Android 18 isn't a female...

And I'm hardly affected by the roster, because the characters they left out are characters I never use anyway...
With her as an exception, but it's still a disappointment.

Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

Hakudamashi

Quote from: jkid101094 on October 28, 2011, 02:15:09 PM
With her as an exception, but it's still a disappointment.
Come to think of it Burst Limit had an even smaller roster with 18 as the only female, and ppl still loved it.
What I'm saying is that I'm not buying this game for characters, I'm buying it for everything else
OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

jkid101094

Quote from: windlessusher on October 28, 2011, 02:33:58 PM
Come to think of it Burst Limit had an even smaller roster with 18 as the only female, and ppl still loved it.
What I'm saying is that I'm not buying this game for characters, I'm buying it for everything else
Never played Burst Limit.

Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

Hakudamashi

OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

HereAndThere

I was disappointed by this game...
It didn't have all the characters, the fighting is more like a Com Vs Com system, it wasn't a Tenkaichi styled game and it just seems more like a chance game...
But the Hero mode was good, the graphics seem to be pretty good and if you can get over the fact that the fighting is like a movie, then the fighting's good.
I'd say that the game is decent, IMO.

Hakudamashi

Quote from: Jeexx on October 28, 2011, 07:20:22 PM
It didn't have all the characters, the fighting is more like a Com Vs Com system, it wasn't a Tenkaichi styled game and it just seems more like a chance game...
As I said before, the characters it doesn't have are characters I never use, so that bothers me not
As for fighting, I like the fighting system, everyone's on a level playing field, no spamming, I can troll the losers who always go for Super Saiyians and Gogeta and expect to instant win, and the cinematic-ness calls for epic moments.
Even when getting my ass kicked, it looks like I'll still be having fun.

Then again my opinion on the fighting can't be justified until I play the game myself...
OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

shadowDOESrock

Quote from: jkid101094 on October 25, 2011, 02:53:45 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sjkRcKK4Kts&feature=related

Fucking beautiful.

Post Merge: October 26, 2011, 03:39:15 AM

http://dragonball.wikia.com/wiki/Ultimate_Tenkaichi

So here's the DB Wiki which has pretty much everything about the game now that it's out. I personally am disappointed...Very much so...

Not just female create a characters are absent, but there are literally no female playable characters. Not even Pan or Videl. None of the Shenrons are in (sans Omega) which kills my hope for Oceanus Shenron being in the game...Hell, not even Hercule is playable. The only two reason I could see playing this is because of the revamped cutscenes and the new gameplay mechanics because quite honestly everything else is just fucking disappointing.

Post Merge: October 26, 2011, 11:19:41 AM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TVWDAX3uZsA&feature=related

Post Merge: October 26, 2011, 01:43:41 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NLCBWqxU3PA&feature=feedf

In all seriousness, you dont need Hercule, Pan & even Videl- since they never actually fought for real.

As for the Dragon-thugs, they basically were just the same few characters revamped with the same moves & never lived for long.

Now, i would like to have Super 17, though.

jkid101094

Quote from: {The Lovely Kyo}~ on November 11, 2011, 06:01:29 AM
In all seriousness, you dont need Hercule, Pan & even Videl- since they never actually fought for real.

As for the Dragon-thugs, they basically were just the same few characters revamped with the same moves & never lived for long.

Now, i would like to have Super 17, though.
Maybe not, but they're still important. =\
And Pan did help Goku beat some of the Shenrons.

Baby isn't even in the game outside his great ape form.

Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

Hakudamashi

Hercule Pan and Videl I can understand
No other GT characters other than SSJ4 Gogeta and Omega Shenron, a big dissapointment, but I can get over it
But Adult/Ultimate Gohan, Goten, Kid Trunks and Trunks in saiyan armour? And not even SS2 Vegeta? That's where I have problems >=U
OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

CrashTheHedgehog

OMFG Ive Been Waiting Years For A Tenkaichi Style Dbz Burst Limit Wasnt That Good