Previous topic - Next topic

Hakudamashi

Well
I played it, I got the knife ending, then the safe ending, then the true ending

FINAL VERDICT
I hated it
Elija2 you owe me money
OR ELSE!
Compliments to our Goddess for this piece of superspecialawesome!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

Proto_Blaze

Quote from: windlessusher on August 14, 2011, 12:44:10 AM
Well
I played it, I got the knife ending, then the safe ending, then the true ending

FINAL VERDICT
I hated it
Elija2 you owe me money

Y U NO LIKE FLAWLESS STORY?

Tanassy

Elija2

I would assume it's the puzzles that ruined the game for him.

Proto_Blaze

Quote from: Elija2 on August 14, 2011, 09:23:24 AM
I would assume it's the puzzles that ruined the game for him.

Thats what i'm assuming as well.

Quote from: Tana~ on August 14, 2011, 09:18:26 AM
Not everyone thinks the same.

yea, those who think different from me are wrong... true fact ^_^

Tanassy

Proto_Blaze

Quote from: Tana~ on August 14, 2011, 09:52:54 AM
No. Just, no.

The Game.... >_>

on a side note... can I have your copy of 999? I like to get as many copies of the game as I can

Tanassy

Quote from: Proto_Blaze on August 14, 2011, 10:35:35 AM
on a side note... can I have your copy of 999? I like to get as many copies of the game as I can
Who, me? I haven't even got mine yet >.>

Proto_Blaze

jkid101094

Quote from: Proto_Blaze on August 14, 2011, 10:35:35 AM
Might I ask why...?

Quote from: DracoDraco:  Saber was my bitch LONG before you heard about her.  I introduced you to FSN, loser.  D<
Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

Says you. She likes me more. D<
And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

Super Sonic Boom

Quote from: jkid101094 on August 14, 2011, 02:46:45 PM
Might I ask why...?

He wants to turn a profit off of them when they become "vintage" later on. Just kidding.

Hakudamashi

Quote from: Elija2 on August 14, 2011, 07:23:19 AM

Elaborate.
O gawd where do I start. Perhaps with the so called "flawless story" you brag about
Strap yourselves in cause it's about to rain cold hard spoilers up in this bitch

First of all strike 1 was that it was a survival story. I've never liked or appreciated these types of stories in the past and as I played through my mind was never changed.
Strike 2 was the inclusion of this time fiasco. I found the story to be as uninteresting as it was, but when we found out that the point of the game was to prevent Akane from being burnt alive in the incinerator by contacting her in the past, I just facepalmed the whole way through. And yes I am no fan of time traveling storylines, they always leave me with questions that are never answered and prevent me from enjoying what's going on.
Strike 3 was just that, Akane burning in the incinerator. Call me a pussy if you will, but I cringe whenever I even hear news of children being murdered in a cruel/brutal manner, and knowing of child Akane being burnt alive made my stomach churn for the rest of the game, it was almost unplayable.

Another thing I hated was that this story was accompanied by an eerie soundtrack that fitted the game perfectly. To fully explain this I'd have to get into why I dislike survival stories, which I'd rather not.

Another thing I hated were how the endings were done
The first few times I played it I got the knife ending, the safe ending, then the true ending. I have seen my brother play a game with endings stationed the same way in the past, but to claim my suspicions I played through one more time and got the submarine ending.
From that I could guess this game has:
1 true ending
1 wtf ending
the rest were bad endings
This annoyed me, from how the true ending ended, it would be impossible to have "good endings" that made sense, and realizing this only fueled how annoyed I was at game. Even more so that each ending will have Akemi (who was my fav character) inevitably die or dissapear, and in the true ending, we never find out where adult Akemi dissapears to. Therefore all the endings left bitter feelings in my gut.
Throw in all the f*cking puzzles I had to suffer to get these bitter endings and you have one... very unpleasant... gaming session.

So I'm sure you're all saying I'm posting shennanigans, nd that if I hated it so much, why didn't I make like IGN and quit after the first ending I got.
Why indeed, and the answer is simple really
The characters were

Seriously, the characters were amazing, normally a cast of this stature is normally consisting of 2-3 characters who just piss me off, 1 character who I actually like, and the rest are just as bland and predictable as Sonic Colours' plot.
But not these guys, I loved everyone. I loved how they could nonchalantly crack bad puns when they only had 9 hours to live, I love the believable reactions they had whenever something did or did not go their way, and I could really go on and on about why I love this cast. Even the guys who I hated like Lotus and Clover held a very special place in my heart. I was glad when they were glad, I was shocked when they got shocked, and I actually felt something when somebody died or was dying.
The only other cast of characters that I got this attached to are in Clannad, and for that I must give credit where credit is due.
I would suffer the f*cking puzzles 100 times over just to see the interesting dialogue these guys exchange, but I won't, since I exhausted the endings already...

But even as good a cast as it was, there were too many things going against to make me say anything other than "I hated it."
OR ELSE!
Compliments to our Goddess for this piece of superspecialawesome!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

Tanassy

Quote from: windlessusher on August 14, 2011, 04:41:15 PMCall me a pussy if you will, but I cringe whenever I even hear news of children being murdered in a cruel/brutal manner.

Elija2

COUNTER-ARGUMENT!

HERE BE SPOILERS.

Quote from: windlessusher on August 14, 2011, 04:41:15 PM
First of all strike 1 was that it was a survival story. I've never liked or appreciated these types of stories in the past and as I played through my mind was never changed.

So basically this is just about your preference, or lack thereof. If you read the summary in the OP you would have known it was a survival game so you knew what you were getting into.

Strike 2 was the inclusion of this time fiasco. I found the story to be as uninteresting as it was, but when we found out that the point of the game was to prevent Akane from being burnt alive in the incinerator by contacting her in the past, I just facepalmed the whole way through. And yes I am no fan of time traveling storylines, they always leave me with questions that are never answered and prevent me from enjoying what's going on.

So it's just another preference thing, eh?

Strike 3 was just that, Akane burning in the incinerator. Call me a pussy if you will, but I cringe whenever I even hear news of children being murdered in a cruel/brutal manner, and knowing of child Akane being burnt alive made my stomach churn for the rest of the game, it was almost unplayable.

But Akane never did die in the incinerator. She survived as a child my contacting future-Junpei through the morphogenetic field. But the only way this could be possible was if Junpei was in the same position that she was in. That's the whole reason she set up the Nonary Game, to make it possible for her to have been able to contact Junpei thus saving her own life.

Also you're a wuss.

Another thing I hated was that this story was accompanied by an eerie soundtrack that fitted the game perfectly. To fully explain this I'd have to get into why I dislike survival stories, which I'd rather not.

So now you're hating the game for something it did right. Okay...

Another thing I hated were how the endings were done
The first few times I played it I got the knife ending, the safe ending, then the true ending. I have seen my brother play a game with endings stationed the same way in the past, but to claim my suspicions I played through one more time and got the submarine ending.
From that I could guess this game has:
1 true ending
1 wtf ending
the rest were bad endings
This annoyed me, from how the true ending ended, it would be impossible to have "good endings" that made sense, and realizing this only fueled how annoyed I was at game.

Now this complaint I don't understand. What are you mad about exactly?

Quote from: windlessusher on August 14, 2011, 04:41:15 PMEven more so that each ending will have Akemi (who was my fav character) inevitably die or dissapear, and in the true ending, we never find out where adult Akemi dissapears to. Therefore all the endings left bitter feelings in my gut.

But every ending besides the true ending never really happened, so it doesn't matter anyway.
And as for the true ending, Junpei spends the rest of his life unsuccessfully searching for Akane. The End.

Now what I don't understand is how the only reason you played this game is because it was written by the same dude who wrote Ever17, while that game was also a horror-survival story with time-travel themes.