Pokemon X and Pokemon Y

Started by jkid101094, January 05, 2013, 12:56:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jkid101094

A few days ago GameFreak released a statement, at the end of a Pokemon Black 2/White 2 trailer, that a big announcement for the series would be coming on January 8th of this year. No one has any clues to what this exactly is but a friend of my theorizes that we may already be seeing generation 6. Here are his point:

* If the games are announced now and are released in the fall, Gen 5 will have lasted the same amount of time as Gens 1 and 2.
* Pokemon needs to move to the 3DS. To do that Gamefreak needs a new engine and it is unlikely that Gamefreak would built that engine for a spin-off.

Even thought there are only two points that I posted he does make good ones. Those of you who wanted the Ruby/Sapphire remakes may be disappointed all because of the 3DS.

Of course, it could be a new movie, a new arc of the anime or a Wii U game but even then the statement makes it seem like it's bigger than that. What do you guys think?

~Click for Countdown~

Quote from: DracoDraco:  Saber was my bitch LONG before you heard about her.  I introduced you to FSN, loser.  D<
Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

Says you. She likes me more. D<
And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

SmashFinale

i say... new anime arc. Or something so unexpected that it might come in a form of a crossover... or some new social media app for wii u and/or 3DS that involves pokemon.

jkid101094

Quote from: SmashFinale on January 05, 2013, 01:01:53 AM
i say... new anime arc. Or something so unexpected that it might come in a form of a crossover... or some new social media app for wii u that involves pokemon.
The anime is pretty much done unless it's all original story from here on out.

Even all the movies are near done. Genesect is being pumped out right now.

Quote from: DracoDraco:  Saber was my bitch LONG before you heard about her.  I introduced you to FSN, loser.  D<
Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

TheGameNinja

It's too soon for a new generation. I think that is very unlikely.

Ruby/Sapphire remakes have a better chance. There have been hints, just like there were for Gold/Silver.

A Wii U game is also very likely. The first Pokemon game on Nintendo's new console would certainly be a huge deal. Honestly, this is the most likely scenario.

I do not think it will be a spinoff. Unless its a Wii U spinoff, then maybe. But they've never made this big of a deal about spinoffs. Something for the anime is possible I guess, but I honestly don't think that's what it will be, seeing as Japan and America are announcing it at the same time and America is behind Japan in the anime.

This is most likely a game. Most likely not a spinoff. So I'm betting on either a Wii U stadium style game or R/S remakes, with the Wii U game being the more likely option.

The anime has and will always go its own way at some point. Remember how long they were in Johto?

shadowDOESrock

Quote from: TheGameNinja on January 05, 2013, 06:45:20 AM
A Wii U game is also very likely. The first Pokemon game on Nintendo's new console would certainly be a huge deal. Honestly, this is the most likely scenario.

Pokemon Battle Revolution 2 for Wii U.

jkid101094

Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

Super Sonic Boom

Quote from: {Your Lovely Kyo}~ on January 05, 2013, 11:10:10 AM
Pokemon Battle Revolution 2 for Wii U.

I wouldn't doubt it if that game was already in production.

shadowDOESrock

Though, i would rather see something like Pokemon XD on GC.

You know, a full real pokemon game with an overworld n'all with pretty HD graphics.

SmashFinale

Quote from: {Your Lovely Kyo}~ on January 05, 2013, 01:57:01 PM
Though, i would rather see something like Pokemon XD on GC.

You know, a full real pokemon game with an overworld n'all with pretty HD graphics.
Or an even better idea, a combination between PokePark and Pokemon XD. Travel as trainer, Battle as Pokemon. Now wouldn't you want to pay for something like that?

TheGameNinja

It's going to be a game. The announcement will be made through a special Nintendo Direct called Pokemon Direct. If this had to do with the anime, there's no reason to have Satoru Iwata hosting it.

SmashFinale

Quote from: TheGameNinja on January 07, 2013, 06:46:35 AM
It's going to be a game. The announcement will be made through a special Nintendo Direct called Pokemon Direct. If this had to do with the anime, there's no reason to have Satoru Iwata hosting it.
A game... or maybe an app? Probably a game though.

jkid101094

Maybe we'll be getting a Pikachu 3DS or Wii U. =P

Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

Jordan teh Echidna

FREE ROAMING 3D WII U ALL REGION GAME

*shot for dreaming*
Pesterchum = sirJayden

shadowDOESrock

Quote from: jkid101094 on January 07, 2013, 07:22:47 AM
Maybe we'll be getting a Pikachu 3DS or Wii U. =P

Pikachu 3DS already exists... In Japan & Europe.

SmashFinale

Well its official, its 6 generation.

... AND ITS COLORLESS

TGN shall explain.

TheGameNinja

Pokemon X and Pokemon Y come out almost everywhere in October. I believe they were named this way just so the third game can be Pokemon Z.

Gameplay looks amazing and getting close to what a lot of people have been wanting since DPPt. I'm glad there's new main series games, but I'm not sure I love that they're being released so soon. Gen V is still pretty new.

Rumor is that the new region is based on France.

Mephiles

Gen V will have lasted about 3 years by this fall, like the first 2 gens did. it only seems new still, since gen III and IV lasted about 4 years each, throwing off the pattern.

btw, they will probably make Pokemon Z, with a legendary Z-shaped pokemon and all the legendaries together will form XYZ Dragon Cannon
let's see, what gets everyone's attention? penis

jkid101094

Happiness fills my bosom.

I also now demand that FR/LG get remade to accommodate the new style. *shot*

Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

SmashFinale

Quote from: Mephiles on January 08, 2013, 02:43:25 AM
Gen V will have lasted about 3 years by this fall, like the first 2 gens did. it only seems new still, since gen III and IV lasted about 4 years each, throwing off the pattern.

btw, they will probably make Pokemon Z, with a legendary Z-shaped pokemon and all the legendaries together will form XYZ Dragon Cannon
If that happens, i will kill you first.

jkid101094

Quote from: TheGameNinja on January 08, 2013, 12:34:08 AM
Rumor is that the new region is based on France.
NO WAY.

I COULDN'T TELL THAT FROM THE EIFFEL TOWER.

*shot dead*

Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

shadowDOESrock

I've been wanting this since 2000.
I hope this justifies the sheer lazyness from all the Pokemon's on DS. No more copy/paste.

Now, do the same for Mario.

TheGameNinja

Quote from: jkid101094 on January 08, 2013, 03:21:08 AM
NO WAY.

I COULDN'T TELL THAT FROM THE EIFFEL TOWER.

*shot dead*

Japan, China, and other countries have towers like that too. =3=

jkid101094

Quote from: TheGameNinja on January 08, 2013, 07:04:05 AM
Japan, China, and other countries have towers like that too. =3=
I was joking, but I seriously didn't know that. =P

Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

SmashFinale

Tbh i didnt even notice it the first time i saw the vid. Then i watched it again and noticed that Pikachu was a kilometer away from the effiel tower.

jkid101094

Quote from: SmashFinale on January 08, 2013, 07:49:10 AM
Tbh i didnt even notice it the first time i saw the vid. Then i watched it again and noticed that Pikachu was a kilometer away from the effiel tower.

I didn't notice until now but he's actually standing ON the thing.

Post Merge: January 08, 2013, 10:13:32 PM

Quote from: ShyguySupposedly this game will have a Europe inspired region. I haven't found a definitive source for this but it makes sense given the routes are being reset much like how they were in gen five when the series moved from Japanese inspired regions to an American inspired one.

As such there is an interesting theory going around that the legendaries are based on Norse mythology. In said mythology there are three creatures that live in the world tree Yggdrasil: an eagle(Y), a stag(X), and a dragon(obligatory third legendary because it always has to be a trio). If this game ties into Norse mythology that could make for a very interesting story. That said, this is a Pokemon game so I'm not getting my hopes up to high.

The genetics theme seems like a given with Y's blood vessel wings and X's DNA antlers, but the above rumor seems to make sense as well(and is also more interesting).

Post Merge: January 10, 2013, 12:04:35 PM

I'm late on this but the X mascot is named Xerneas and the Y mascot is Yveltal.

...those are the English names, btw. Have fun pronouncing those. =P

Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

Dax7

At least 50 new 'mons and moar pokemon in 3d. Hmmm I might move bck into the series now since the last game I played was Emerald.
3ds owner and Animator in training.

Hakudamashi

I refused to buy PKMN Black or White 1 & 2, but I'm definitely getting this one.
OR ELSE!
Compliments to our Goddess for this piece of superspecialawesome!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

shadowDOESrock

Hakudamashi

Quote from: {Your Lovely Kyo}~ on January 13, 2013, 12:15:34 PM
Xerneas > Xurr-Nee-Us
Yveltal > Ee-Vell-Tawl
lol Evil Tawl...

I'm getting  PKMN Y cause it's red.
OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

TheGameNinja

ZURR-nee-us and ee-VELL-tall

Also, shouldn't the name of this topic be changed now that we know what it is?

jkid101094

Quote from: TheGameNinja on January 13, 2013, 05:30:29 PM
Also, shouldn't the name of this topic be changed now that we know what it is?
Done. Thank you. x3

Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

TheGameNinja

Hakudamashi

OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

jkid101094

I'm thinking it's a normal type, however, the banner for the Eevee tourney had a butterfly on it plush it looks like it has antennae and it's bows also look like butterflies.

Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

billyhatcher312

i cant believe how theyre making another pokemon game series

shadowDOESrock

Quote from: jkid101094 on February 12, 2013, 02:48:29 AM

I'm thinking it's a normal type, however, the banner for the Eevee tourney had a butterfly on it plush it looks like it has antennae and it's bows also look like butterflies.

Its an Eevee Evolution, meh.

Hakudamashi

Quote from: jkid101094 on February 12, 2013, 02:48:29 AM

So it's a bug type?
OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

jkid101094

Mewtwo is getting a new form, kinda like how Shaymin and Giritina function.

Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

Hakudamashi

Quote from: jkid101094 on April 06, 2013, 12:12:02 PM

Mewtwo is getting a new form, kinda like how Shaymin and Giritina function.
Not sure how I feel about this...

Mewtwo is still a team rocket experiment right?
OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

jkid101094

Quote from: windlessusher on April 06, 2013, 12:14:09 PM
Not sure how I feel about this...

Mewtwo is still a team rocket experiment right?
Same.

As far as I know.

This form reminds me of the old Mewthree hack that used to go around. That's isn't to say I don't think it's cool, though. I can adjust.

Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

Hakudamashi

So I'm going to assume the the bad gang of this gen used Team Rocket's blueprints to make their own Mew clone.
That's my story and I'm sticking to it.
OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

jkid101094

This form is in the new movie with Genesect so this form is more than likely tied to Team Plasma.

Post Merge: April 06, 2013, 02:36:20 PM

Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

Hakudamashi

OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

TheGameNinja

"A New Pokémon with a Familiar Look!"

A form is not a new Pokémon...

inb4 Mewthree

SmashFinale

Nope, his name is Giijue.
If none of you can get that reference i will be very disappointed.

Hakudamashi

Quote from: TheGameNinja on April 06, 2013, 05:29:29 PM

inb4 Mewthree
Quote from: windlessusher on April 06, 2013, 12:20:36 PM
So I'm going to assume the the bad gang of this gen used Team Rocket's blueprints to make their own Mew clone.
That's my story and I'm sticking to it.
OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

jkid101094

Quote from: TheGameNinja on April 06, 2013, 05:29:29 PM

inb4 Mewthree
Right, but this form is in the new movie with Mewtwo so why even have Genesect in there?

Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

Hakudamashi

Quote from: jkid101094 on April 07, 2013, 08:52:01 AM
Right, but this form is in the new movie with Mewtwo so why even have Genesect in there?
OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

jkid101094

Oh God. I just laughed harder than I should have.

http://puu.sh/2vOQW - Read this first.

http://puu.sh/2vOUO - Now this.

Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

Ye Olde Swagfag

Quote from: jkid101094 on January 05, 2013, 12:56:04 AM
Pokemon needs to move to the 3DS. To do that Gamefreak needs a new engine and it is unlikely that Gamefreak would built that engine for a spin-off.
Can't they just port the Black/White engine to the 3DS?

jkid101094

Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

Ye Olde Swagfag

Quote from: jkid101094 on April 07, 2013, 09:10:20 AM
Why would they want to?
Oh my bad, I didn't know the game was gonna be full 3D until I looked at a recent video.

TheGameNinja

Turns out is is just a new form for Mewtwo. No Mewthree.

jkid101094

Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

Hakudamashi

Quote from: TheGameNinja on April 12, 2013, 08:11:09 PM
Turns out is is just a new form for Mewtwo. No Mewthree.
How do you make the best PKMN better?
OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

TheGameNinja

Quote from: Erik Larsen on April 18, 2013, 08:58:15 AM
interesting form but when is the game coming out in america?

They come out almost everywhere in the world in October 2013. First time we'll be seeing a simultaneous worldwide Pokemon release.

billyhatcher312

Quote from: TheGameNinja on April 18, 2013, 11:08:04 AM
They come out almost everywhere in the world in October 2013. First time we'll be seeing a simultaneous worldwide Pokemon release.

DAMN that is cool but i doubt its going to be on the 3DS just the stupid DS system it would be awesome to play the game with 3D graphics :D

Ye Olde Swagfag

Quote from: Erik Larsen on April 18, 2013, 11:10:10 AM
DAMN that is cool but i doubt its going to be on the 3DS just the stupid DS system it would be awesome to play the game with 3D graphics :D
The DS was stupid? If the DS was stupid then why would Nintendo make the DS Lite, the DSi, and then the 3DS?
And Pokemon X/Y is coming out on the 3DS.

Hakudamashi

Quote from: LeaflameSD64 on April 18, 2013, 11:33:53 AM
The DS was stupid? If the DS was stupid then why would Nintendo make the DS Lite, the DSi, and then the 3DS?
And Pokemon X/Y is coming out on the 3DS.
Didn't stop Sony from making 3 PSPs...
OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

TheGameNinja

Quote from: Erik Larsen on April 18, 2013, 11:10:10 AM

They are on the 3DS. Have you read any of this topic?

billyhatcher312

Quote from: TheGameNinja on April 18, 2013, 11:39:57 AM
They are on the 3DS. Have you read any of this topic?

oh i didnt read the whole topic my bad

jkid101094

Quote from: Serebii"The episode of Japanese variety show, Pokémon Smash, due to air on May 19th is said to be a massive Pokémon X & Y special featuring Junichi Masuda with lots of information promised. It is likely that this information will be revealed in CoroCoro, which is due for release in Japan on Wednesday, so we could have it any time between now and then, so keep checking back."

Post Merge: May 11, 2013, 05:48:44 AM

http://puu.sh/2RfcO.jpg
http://puu.sh/2RfdZ.jpg

Quote from: Serebii"The first details of CoroCoro appears to have come out. Though currently unconfirmed, it looks too legit to be fake. We're currently investigating and translating so keep checking. With special thanks to my friend Gin for translation. First, the Pokémon on the far right is called Gogoat (ã,´ãƒ¼ã,´ãƒ¼ãƒˆ literally Gohgohto) and is the Riding Pokémon. It's Grass-type, 1.7m and 91.0kg. You can actually ride this Pokémon in the field. It can learn Horn Leech
The lizard is called Elikiteru (ã,¨ãƒªã,­ãƒ†ãƒ«) and is a Electric/Normal-type. It is the Generation Pokémon and is 0.5m and 6.0kg. It has a new move called Parabola Charge which heals the user while damaging opponents. It uses solar rays to generate electricityP
The bird is called Yayakoma (ヤヤã,³ãƒž) and is the Japanese Robin Pokémon. It is Normal/Flying, 0.3m and 1.7kg. It announces itself with a beautiful voice. It can use the move Nitro Charge
The panda is called Yancham ( ヤンチャム) and is the Naughty Pokémon. It is Fighting-type, 0.6m and 8.0kg. It has a new move called Parting Remark
There appears to be more including the game's boxarts, and the Pokédex, as well as the region map but it's not completely visible. We'll bring more as it comes so be sure to keep checking. It also promises more information on Gogoat on a later page.
Edit: The game is set in the Karos Region which appears to be based on France. You can customise your trainer slightly with hair colour and skin shade. Main city is Miare City which is where it is seen to ride Gogoat
Edit @ 15:22: We have the cover and it shows that these four Pokémon may be the only new ones in it. It also shows the boxart"

Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

Hakudamashi

So, Fairy Type
I wonder what it's weak to... Dark and ghost types maybe?
OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

jkid101094

It's weak to Poison and Fighting but resistant to Ice.

Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

Hakudamashi

OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

TheGameNinja

Quote from: Serebii.netPokémon X & Y - Download Card & File Size

It has been announced that the games Pokémon X & Y will both be distributed via a special download card in various retail stores across Japan in addition to the standard release as both cartridges and directly on the eShop. This follows on from various previous games on the Nintendo 3DS and Wii U. However, these download cards have confirmed how much space is required on the SD card in order to play it. You need to have at least 1.7GB, approximately 14,000 blocks, of space on your SD card to download the game. It's also confirmed that you'll be unable to have two games communicate on the same system should both be downloaded

Bolded for emphasis. I don't like downloading games when there's a physical release, but that is an awesome feature.

I'm a dummy. This is something you should know if you're planning on getting the downloadable version though.

jkid101094

You'll be unable. Here's hoping for Pokemon Box 2.

Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

TheGameNinja

...oh

can't believe I misread that. Just hopeful I guess. Oh well.

TheGameNinja

BUMP

We're less than a month away! Also, since it hasn't been mentioned here before: X and Y probably refer to the axes of a 3D plane. X and Y are length and width and Pokemon Z is inevitable because Z is the third axis, depth.

SmashFinale

Quote from: TheGameNinja on September 17, 2013, 09:40:34 AM
BUMP

We're less than a month away! Also, since it hasn't been mentioned here before: X and Y probably refer to the axes of a 3D plane. X and Y are length and width and Pokemon Z is inevitable because Z is the third axis, depth.
Did we really not talk about the third axis here? Must have been a different forum then....

jkid101094

Hey, remember when everyone correctly predicted the release of Pokemon Grey because it was so obvio-Oh, wait...

Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

Hakudamashi

Quote from: jkid101094 on September 24, 2013, 08:34:07 PM
Hey, remember when everyone correctly predicted the release of Pokemon Grey because it was so obvio-Oh, wait...
Man, I just wanted Touko/White/Hilda in a third game with a new outfit. But then we got Rosa instead...
OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

TheGameNinja

Charizard X finally gets Fire/Dragon dual typing!

Hakudamashi

Charizard is now officially the best starter, this is no longer up for debate.
OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

Hakudamashi

I got PKMN Y, and became the champion.

This is by far the easiest PKMN League ever...

So what can you do post game?
OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

Elija2

I got Pokemon X because I'm smart, but I still only have the second badge.

Quote from: Hakudamashi on October 16, 2013, 04:19:25 AM
So what can you do post game?

Catch 'em all?

TheGameNinja

I haven't gotten to the second gym yet, but I have 2 shinies.

Elija2

One time I Wonder Traded a shitty Flabebe and got a Chespin in return. I chose Chespin as my starter so now I have an extra.

Hakudamashi

Quote from: Elija2 on October 16, 2013, 05:50:50 AM
I got Pokemon X because I'm smart,
What makes X better than Y?

Quote from: TheGameNinja on October 16, 2013, 05:51:29 AM
I haven't gotten to the second gym yet, but I have 2 shinies.

I only found a shiny Sandslash...just now...after the elite four
What I'm saying is fuck you.

I also quick balled a Mewtwo and dusk balled a Zargade.
OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

Elija2

Quote from: Hakudamashi on October 16, 2013, 07:48:06 AM
What makes X better than Y?

The name is better.

Also it has the best Mega Evolutions.

Hakudamashi

Fuck your stupid dragon charizard, my Mewtwo looks like Freeza >=U
OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

jkid101094

Quote from: Hakudamashi on October 16, 2013, 07:48:06 AM
I also quick balled a Mewtwo and dusk balled a Zargade.
I caught Mewtwo, Zygarde, Xerneas and Moltres all in Pokeballs. :P

Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

Hakudamashi

Quote from: jkid101094 on October 16, 2013, 08:28:48 AM
I caught Mewtwo, Zygarde, Xerneas and Moltres all in Pokeballs. :P
I don't believe you.
OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

jkid101094

You can't do it yourself? I've been catching legendaries in Pokeballs since Generation 4.

Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

NiGHTS

Its clearly all about our steel/fairy prankster pokemon klefki...

And glam rock amphaross

Hakudamashi

Quote from: jkid101094 on October 16, 2013, 11:16:27 AM
You can't do it yourself? I've been catching legendaries in Pokeballs since Generation 4.
I've caught a Lugia, Heatran, and a Regigigas with a pokeball, so I know it's not impossible, but why not dusk balls and save yourself some effort.

Quote from: NiGHTS on October 16, 2013, 11:23:13 AM
Its clearly all about our steel/fairy prankster pokemon klefki...
Dude, no.
OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

jkid101094

Quote from: Hakudamashi on October 16, 2013, 11:30:49 AM
I've caught a Lugia, Heatran, and a Regigigas with a pokeball, so I know it's not impossible, but why not dusk balls and save yourself some effort?
It's a pride thing.

Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

Hakudamashi

I take it you didn't use EXP share either...
OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

jkid101094

Quote from: Hakudamashi on October 16, 2013, 11:39:25 AM
I take it you didn't use EXP share either...
Oh no, I totally abuse the hell out of that shit. I might as well be raising sponges because they're soaking up all the EXP.

Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

Hakudamashi

I love the EXP share, and hope that they continue to use it in the future. It eliminates grinding and I can't thank it enough for that.

F*ck the "hardcore gamers" who complain that it breaks the game when you have the option to turn it off.
OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

TheGameNinja

Quote from: Hakudamashi on October 16, 2013, 05:37:15 PM
I love the EXP share, and hope that they continue to use it in the future. It eliminates grinding and I can't thank it enough for that.

F*ck the "hardcore gamers" who complain that it breaks the game when you have the option to turn it off.

Agreed. Also helps for completing the Dex.

Hakudamashi

Can I also say I love the 4 other children who travel with you? Though I am dissapointed that the whole "travel with a partner, do double battles, and he/she heals my team" that started in Gen 4 only happened once in this game...

Also, I <3 Shauna
OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

TheGameNinja

Quote from: Hakudamashi on October 16, 2013, 06:39:09 PM
Can I also say I love the 4 other children who travel with you? Though I am dissapointed that the whole "travel with a partner, do double battles, and he/she heals my team" that started in Gen 4 only happened once in this game...

Also, I <3 Shauna

Yes, but I hate that they call me "Big T". Should have named my guy after myself so they'd call me "Big D".

NiGHTS

Quote from: Hakudamashi on October 16, 2013, 11:30:49 AM
Dude, no.

Solid typing and has access to prankster. What's not to love? I mean it loses its fighting weakness, immune to poison. Only really leaves fire types. Possibly a shallow movepool but we will see how it turns out, maybe we will have to stick to whimsicott.

Hakudamashi

But fire types seriously kick it's ass.
It's special defense doesn't seem to be good...

Quote from: TheGameNinja on October 16, 2013, 06:45:53 PM
Yes, but I hate that they call me "Big T". Should have named my guy after myself so they'd call me "Big D".

I'm gonna assume you're aware you can give yourself a nickname and give you a thumbs up
OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

SmashFinale

Quote from: Hakudamashi on October 16, 2013, 05:37:15 PM

Umm... it was in Gold and Silver too iirc. What are hardcore gamers bitching about exactly if it has been there since the early days?

TheGameNinja

Quote from: SmashFinale on October 17, 2013, 04:35:38 AM
Umm... it was in Gold and Silver too iirc. What are hardcore gamers bitching about exactly if it has been there since the early days?

EXP Share has been in all the games since Gold and Silver, but it now works more like the EXP All (though nerfed a bit) in Red and Blue. The whole party gets experience, not just what was in the battle.

Hakudamashi

Quote from: TheGameNinja on October 17, 2013, 04:54:58 AM
EXP Share has been in all the games since Gold and Silver, but it now works more like the EXP All (though nerfed a bit) in Red and Blue. The whole party gets experience, not just what was in the battle.
Not to mention that every PKMN that participates in the battle get 100% EXP.

OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

Elija2

Quote from: Hakudamashi on October 16, 2013, 06:39:09 PM

They're kinda annoying and don't serve much of a purpose except for that one blonde girl.

I made my nickname Sweet-E just like my Animal Crossing nickname. It's cute when the girls call me it but kinda weird when the boys do.

Hakudamashi

Quote from: Elija2 on October 17, 2013, 07:36:08 AM
They're kinda annoying and don't serve much of a purpose except for that one blonde girl.

I made my nickname Sweet-E just like my Animal Crossing nickname. It's cute when the girls call me it but kinda weird when the boys do.
Serena's a total killjoy...

You running a town of faggots?
OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

TheGameNinja

Got the guide today. No Pokedex. Not at all. Have people been able to hack into these games yet? Are there any unobtainables?

Hakudamashi

and what of the Pokedex 3D Pro? Is it gonna get an update?
OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

Elija2

Quote from: Hakudamashi on October 17, 2013, 11:33:04 AM
and what of the Pokedex 3D Pro? Is it gonna get an update?

Isn't that thing kinda unnecessary if you have Pokemon X/Y, considering the game has every Pokemon in 3D as well? Sure, you have to catch them before it reveals the full Pokedex entry, but it still beats paying $15 for a separate app even if it does get updated.

Hakudamashi

Quote from: Elija2 on October 17, 2013, 11:53:59 AM
Isn't that thing kinda unnecessary if you have Pokemon X/Y, considering the game has every Pokemon in 3D as well? Sure, you have to catch them before it reveals the full Pokedex entry, but it still beats paying $15 for a separate app even if it does get updated.
Pokedex 3D also tells all the moves a PKMN can learn by leveling or through TMs, and gives description on those moves. I found it very handy when picking out my Black 2 team, and I believe the X/Y Dex doesn't do that.
And it seems like a waste to just abandon it...

So, the Pokemon Bank and Transfer app doesn't start until December... So I guess I'll try filling out my Blck 2 Dex till then.
OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

jkid101094

Quote from: TheGameNinja on October 17, 2013, 10:17:41 AM
Got the guide today. No Pokedex. Not at all. Have people been able to hack into these games yet? Are there any unobtainables?
3DS games won't be hackable for quite some time. There isn't even a working emulator yet.

Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

Elija2

Quote from: Hakudamashi on October 17, 2013, 12:02:15 PM
Pokedex 3D also tells all the moves a PKMN can learn by leveling or through TMs, and gives description on those moves. I found it very handy when picking out my Black 2 team, and I believe the X/Y Dex doesn't do that.
And it seems like a waste to just abandon it...

I'm sure all of that info is online somewhere.

Hakudamashi

Quote from: jkid101094 on October 17, 2013, 12:28:30 PM
3DS games won't be hackable for quite some time. There isn't even a working emulator yet.
That's...odd...

Quote from: Elija2 on October 17, 2013, 12:39:45 PM
I'm sure all of that info is online somewhere.
Well sh*t Elijah, if you're gonna go that route, then why bother with the pokedex at all?
OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

NiGHTS

Quote from: Hakudamashi on October 17, 2013, 04:03:49 AM
But fire types seriously kick it's ass.
It's special defense doesn't seem to be good...
I'm gonna assume you're aware you can give yourself a nickname and give you a thumbs up

Well if you are gonna go into a pokemon having a type weakness then I guess that only leaves you with spiritomb eelektross and sableye. Good luck with that

Hakudamashi

Quote from: NiGHTS on October 17, 2013, 11:45:56 PM
Well if you are gonna go into a pokemon having a type weakness then I guess that only leaves you with spiritomb eelektross and sableye. Good luck with that
What I was really getting at was that it's special defense didn't seem that good, cause Psychic, Surf, Petal Blizzard, and Thunderbolt from my pokemon also really wreck it.

Then again, I guess I can't really use NPC trainer PKMN to really gauge how good a PKMN can be.... gotta EV train that sh*t.
OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

NiGHTS

Quote from: Hakudamashi on October 18, 2013, 02:47:49 AM
What I was really getting at was that it's special defense didn't seem that good, cause Psychic, Surf, Petal Blizzard, and Thunderbolt from my pokemon also really wreck it.

Then again, I guess I can't really use NPC trainer PKMN to really gauge how good a PKMN can be.... gotta EV train that sh*t.

As i said it all depends on its movepool, with prankster your non attacking moves get +1 priority for example substitute and leech seed. If it has no good moves like encore a sleep inducing move etc then it will be rubbish

TheGameNinja

There is a glitch that could happen if you save in Lumiose City that corrupts your save file. Don't save in the blue areas. If you have to save in Lumiose City, do so inside a building. Nintendo is working on a fix.

Hakudamashi

I guess the game couldn't grasp the concept of 3D PKMN that doesn't suck...
OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

Elija2

The game was clearly rushed for release. I just hope they patch most of the problems the game has.

Hakudamashi

Can someone trade me a Froakie?
OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

Elija2

Quote from: Hakudamashi on October 18, 2013, 11:14:01 AM
Can someone trade me a Froakie?

Look for one on the GTS. I traded an Eevee for a Froakie.

Hakudamashi

Quote from: Elija2 on October 18, 2013, 11:26:57 AM
Look for one on the GTS. I traded an Eevee for a Froakie.
Pls tell me you kept an Eevee egg...
OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

Elija2

Quote from: Hakudamashi on October 18, 2013, 11:28:48 AM
Pls tell me you kept an Eevee egg...

Currently breeding Eevees at the Day Care.

Hakudamashi

Can I get 2?
I need to get Glaceon and Slyveon to complete the set.
OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

jkid101094

Quote from: NiGHTS on October 18, 2013, 05:30:20 AM
As i said it all depends on its movepool, with prankster your non attacking moves get +1 priority for example substitute and leech seed. If it has no good moves like encore a sleep inducing move etc then it will be rubbish
You act like those can't be useful.

Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

Hakudamashi

Quote from: jkid101094 on October 18, 2013, 12:43:40 PM
For people like me they aren't...
OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

Elija2

Quote from: Hakudamashi on October 18, 2013, 12:01:16 PM
Can I get 2?
I need to get Glaceon and Slyveon to complete the set.

Sure. I'll trade them for your Yveltal.

I accidentally leveled one of them because of EXP Share. Is that a problem?

jkid101094

Quote from: Hakudamashi on October 18, 2013, 12:57:07 PM
For people like me they aren't...
So you've never put a Pokemon to sleep before catching it?

Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

Hakudamashi

Quote from: Elija2 on October 18, 2013, 01:11:56 PM
Sure. I'll trade them for your Yveltal.

I accidentally leveled one of them because of EXP Share. Is that a problem?
Can you get an Yveltal egg using Ditto?

Not at all.
Quote from: jkid101094 on October 18, 2013, 01:17:04 PM
So you've never put a Pokemon to sleep before catching it?
When my quickball fails, yeah, all the time.

I was more talking about actual online battles. If we're talking about the main quest, then yes, those moves are very useful.
OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

Elija2

Quote from: Hakudamashi on October 18, 2013, 01:22:19 PM
Can you get an Yveltal egg using Ditto?

Don't know or care. I was joking.

Although now you have to finish VLR this week to pay me back.

NiGHTS

Quote from: jkid101094 on October 18, 2013, 12:43:40 PM

I said they were useful, must have just worded it badly or you misread. I use encore whimsicott all the time.

I also have a froakie for you wind. If you didn't get one

Hakudamashi

Quote from: Elija2 on October 18, 2013, 02:04:39 PM
Don't know or care. I was joking.

Although now you have to finish VLR this week to pay me back.
Can't promise I'll beat it in a week =V

Quote from: NiGHTS on October 18, 2013, 02:49:48 PM
I also have a froakie for you wind. If you didn't get one
Yays.
OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

Elija2

Quote from: Hakudamashi on October 18, 2013, 06:34:54 PM
Can't promise I'll beat it in a week =V

Before the end of the month at least.

Hakudamashi

Quote from: Elija2 on October 18, 2013, 06:36:33 PM
Before the end of the month at least.
Hhhmmmmmmmm
If I really have to betray Luna, that's gonna be tough...
OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

Elija2

Quote from: Hakudamashi on October 18, 2013, 06:38:12 PM
Hhhmmmmmmmm
If I really have to betray Luna, that's gonna be tough...

Man up.

If you don't I'm gonna name one of the Eevees "cock" and the other one "balls".

Hakudamashi

Gggggrrrrrr

You drive a hard bargain my good sir...
OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

Elija2

Quote from: Hakudamashi on October 18, 2013, 06:45:00 PM
Gggggrrrrrr

You drive a hard bargain my good sir...

Are you saying you want my cock and balls?

Hakudamashi

OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

Elija2

I've started breeding Chespin so if any of you guys want one then tough shit get your own.

jkid101094

Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

Hakudamashi

OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

jkid101094

Sadly it's a Venipede but I'm still happy.

Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

Hakudamashi

Well, I only have 2 shinies, a Gallade and a Sandslash.
OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

Elija2

I caught my first shiny as well: a Vanillite. I spotted it in a horde battle so I was lucky to have been able to defeat all the other Vanillite and then weaken that one just enough to catch it.

Hakudamashi

I have a holiday today, anyone care to play PKMN with me?
Battle or trade?
OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

jkid101094

Whenever anyone wants to play.

Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

NiGHTS

Quick question, does anyone have access to togetic from the friend safari? I feel like we should have a thread for pokemon requests but idk if anyone would really need to use it much

jkid101094

I don't but you can just search it on GTS.

Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

Hakudamashi

I has a Togetic... in Black 2... That PKMN Bank app can't happen fast enough >_>

Also, Jkid straight up just showed me why being stubborn is bad...
OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

jkid101094

So who all has this game? I love battling you guys and I want to face you all.

Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

Elija2

Quote from: Hakudamashi on October 21, 2013, 03:44:23 AM
I have a holiday today, anyone care to play PKMN with me?
Battle or trade?

A holiday? Today's the perfect chance for you to finish up VLR.

And for me to give you those Eevees, I guess.

Hakudamashi

So like... I just got 2 Eevees via wonder trade...
Quote from: jkid101094 on October 21, 2013, 08:31:24 AM
So who all has this game? I love battling you guys and I want to face you all.
Just be wary of his Gogoat... It will eat your soul.
OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

Elija2

I'll just hold onto my cock and balls then.

jkid101094

1. Go to Lumoise City's North Boulevard.
2. Find the Galette Stand.
3. Talk to the lady or at least go up to the stand (this isn't required but helps my explain where to go).
4. Go right and enter the first black building. It should literally be the first building you can enter.
5. There is an elevator. Go up to floor 2.

You can only do this once and I have no idea what the point of it is...no one does, apparently. All I know is that I'm apparently not the one.

Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

Elija2

Go to Lumiose Station and interact with the back of the second timetable.

Hakudamashi

Quote from: jkid101094 on October 22, 2013, 10:16:58 AM
1. Go to Lumoise City's North Boulevard.
2. Find the Galette Stand.
3. Talk to the lady or at least go up to the stand (this isn't required but helps my explain where to go).
4. Go right and enter the first black building. It should literally be the first building you can enter.
5. There is an elevator. Go up to floor 2.

You can only do this once and I have no idea what the point of it is...no one does, apparently. All I know is that I'm apparently not the one.
You mean the ghost chick?
What's up with that?
Quote from: Elija2 on October 22, 2013, 11:16:43 AM
Where's "the usual place"?
OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

SmashFinale

Quote from: Hakudamashi on October 22, 2013, 12:05:21 PM
What's up with that?Where's "the usual place"?
After you come out of the Train Station, you should see 3 kids in a caged building just hanging out.
Tread carefully as there have been sightings of shadowlike creatures and what seems to be dancing grayish-white creaures around that area. Also, be on the lookout for a spiky haired teenager holding a giant key.

Hakudamashi

Someone's been playing too much Kingdom Hearts...

I request advice on team composition.
I'm thinking of swapping out my Lapras for a Blastoise
Lapras is part Ice, so it gets wrecked hard by rock, ground, and I believe fighting type moves. The reason I've clinged on to Lapras is because I want a tanky PKMN with ice moves.
So I was thinking I would instead teach a Blastoise Ice Beam to eliminate the Fighting, Rock and Ground weakness, but since Blastoise isn't an Ice type, Ice beam won't get STAB, and will be less effective.
Also, the Lapras is male and the Blastoise is female

The Lapras is lvl 76, and the Blastoise is lvl 38, so I can't really gauge their stats all that reliably.

OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

NiGHTS

Quote from: Hakudamashi on October 23, 2013, 11:56:10 AM
Someone's been playing too much Kingdom Hearts...

I request advice on team composition.
I'm thinking of swapping out my Lapras for a Blastoise
Lapras is part Ice, so it gets wrecked hard by rock, ground, and I believe fighting type moves. The reason I've clinged on to Lapras is because I want a tanky PKMN with ice moves.
So I was thinking I would instead teach a Blastoise Ice Beam to eliminate the Fighting, Rock and Ground weakness, but since Blastoise isn't an Ice type, Ice beam won't get STAB, and will be less effective.
Also, the Lapras is male and the Blastoise is female

The Lapras is lvl 76, and the Blastoise is lvl 38, so I can't really gauge their stats all that reliably.

Overall blastoise would be the stronger choice plus it does give you a rapid spinner should you be having trouble with stuff like spikes.

Heres the base stats for the pokemon;
http://www.smogon.com/bw/pokemon/blastoise
http://www.smogon.com/bw/pokemon/lapras

Lapras as you say is part ice which is probably one if the weakest types right now especially with the nerf to weather inducing pokemon and their 10001 weaknesses.

Elija2

Hakudamashi

OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

Elija2

I'll battle you after you beat VLR.

Did any of you guys give a Pokemon to the lonely old man living in Anistar City? If you did, you should go back to visit him after beating the game.

jkid101094

Quote from: Elija2 on October 22, 2013, 11:16:43 AM
Apparently this is a reference to a Japanese manga.

Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

Elija2

I have Smeargle, Lillipup, and Loudred in my friend safari in case any of you dudes were interested (which you now aren't).

jkid101094

Smeargle with two perfect IVs? Don't mind if I do.

Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

Hakudamashi

Quote from: Elija2 on October 23, 2013, 02:12:33 PM
I have Smeargle, Lillipup, and Loudred in my friend safari in case any of you dudes were interested (which you now aren't).
You can check what's in your own Safari?
OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

jkid101094

Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

Hakudamashi

Now I'm torn between putting either Charizard or Talonflame in my team...
OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

Elija2

Does Talonflame have a Mega Evolution?

Hakudamashi

OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

NiGHTS

If you can get a talonflame with its hidden ability from the friend safari its actually a pretty good poke.
Its hidden ability gives flying moves priority, I mean, who doesn't want a pokemon whose brave bird always goes first?

jkid101094

Quote from: Elija2 on October 23, 2013, 05:41:43 PM
Does Talonflame have a Mega Evolution?
No Gen 6 Pokemon got Megaevolutions.

Quote from: NiGHTS on October 24, 2013, 01:03:33 AM
If you can get a talonflame with its hidden ability from the friend safari its actually a pretty good poke.
Its hidden ability gives flying moves priority, I mean, who doesn't want a pokemon whose brave bird always goes first?
I guess it's good for reassurance but mine is quick as all fuck anyway and can easily raise it's speed with Flame Charge if it somehow gets outsped. Flamebody is good for disabling other fast, psychical attackers like Greninja that might want to swap in.

Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

SmashFinale

This post will make all the recent on the bottom of the forum only say Pokemon X and Pokemon Y.

Hakudamashi

Quote from: NiGHTS on October 24, 2013, 01:03:33 AM
Ok, what advice can you give about Charizard?
OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

TheGameNinja

...do you think it's possible this is only half of the Gen. VI Pokedex? Like maybe there's 60 or so more that we won't see until Z or whatever's next.

Hakudamashi

Didn't Gen 2 also not have that many new PKMN?

And they better not, or I'm gonna get upset.
OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

jkid101094

Quote from: TheGameNinja on October 24, 2013, 12:41:23 PM
...do you think it's possible this is only half of the Gen. VI Pokedex? Like maybe there's 60 or so more that we won't see until Z or whatever's next.
I thought I already brought this up?There are apparently three new 'leaked' legendaries so we definitely haven't seen them all.

...it's kind of a wonderful feeling, isn't it? With no one able to hack the game it's like the age of Pokegods all over again~

Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

NiGHTS

Quote from: Hakudamashi on October 24, 2013, 11:16:04 AM
Ok, what advice can you give about Charizard?

I haven't really used charizard so I have no idea, that and I don't have the mega stone for it either sorry. Droughts a pretty handy ability for it to get though since you could teach it something like solarbeam to deal with water types that it would normally struggle against. (since solarbeam doesn't need a turn to charge in the sun)

jkid101094

The patch to fix the Lumiose save bug is now live. It'll even restore your save should you have been affected. Just log into the Eshop and you're golden.

Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

Elija2

The game should have had an update option in the main menu like in Animal Crossing, I shouldn't have to go to the eShop to look for the patch.

Hakudamashi

And the patch apparently *fixed* GTS... How exactly?
OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

Elija2

Quote from: Hakudamashi on October 25, 2013, 10:39:27 AM
And the patch apparently *fixed* GTS... How exactly?

When trying to trade for a Pokemon that you haven't seen before you'd get an error and be forced to shut off the game.

jkid101094

I never got that but OK.

Post Merge: October 25, 2013, 01:38:12 PM

Quote from: Elija2 on October 25, 2013, 10:19:58 AM
The game should have had an update option in the main menu like in Animal Crossing, I shouldn't have to go to the eShop to look for the patch.
It literally shoved the download in my face the moment I booted the Eshop up.

Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

Elija2

Quote from: jkid101094 on October 25, 2013, 11:37:06 AM
It literally shoved the download in my face the moment I booted the Eshop up.

It didn't for me. Besides, the game is for kids and how often do kids visit the eShop? They didn't send out a notification for it (yet) so the only way someone would know about the update is if they read about it online.

jkid101094

I could be wrong but isn't there an app that alerts you about these things?

Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

Elija2

Quote from: jkid101094 on October 25, 2013, 01:50:56 PM
I could be wrong but isn't there an app that alerts you about these things?

No, but Nintendo usually sends out notifications about this stuff through Spotpass. They've yet to do so for Pokemon though, which is weird since it's a pretty critical update.

SmashFinale

Quote from: Elija2 on October 25, 2013, 01:58:39 PM
No, but Nintendo usually sends out notifications about this stuff through Spotpass. They've yet to do so for Pokemon though, which is weird since it's a pretty critical update.
They probably did but Spotpass is slow as fuck.
You might get the message a few days from now or next year in February. It's pretty annoying.

Elija2

Another thing that sucks about the game is the Streetpass functionality, or lack thereof. All Streetpassing does in this game is give you Poke Miles which can easily be farmed without it by Wonder Trading. Streetpassing seems like it was made for Pokemon, but they totally botched it. Imagine Wonder Trading with people you Streetpass, or battling against their AI-controlled team, or putting them in your Passerby list so you can chat and trade with them properly. I've been getting more Streetpasses since Pokemon came out and almost everyone that I Streetpass with is playing it, but it's all wasted because it doesn't do anything. That's probably the biggest letdown of this game for me.

Hakudamashi

But as you said, this game was most likely rushed =/

Maybe if ppl didn't go soo ape-shit over delays...
OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

Elija2

Or maybe if Game Freak knew what they were doing. Maybe if they started work on XY earlier instead of working on BW2 when the 3DS was already out. Maybe if they weren't working on Harmoknight at the same time. Maybe if they delayed the game for one more month to work on it more. Maybe if they spent their time on more important features instead of bench sitting and sky battles.

Oh well, there's always Pokemon Z next year.

Hakudamashi

I liked Harmoknight...

And does anyone care about Sky Battles? Seem like a waste of development time...
OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

jkid101094

Sky battles are OK but nothing special.

Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

TheGameNinja

They always hold things back for the third game.

jkid101094

Forms, yeah, but this would be the first time they held back actual Pokemon...at least it's give Z version exclusives to match Swirlix, Spritzee, Clauncher and Skrelp.

Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

Hakudamashi

Quote from: TheGameNinja on October 26, 2013, 04:34:25 PM
They always hold things back for the third game.
Except Black and White...

And I don't count Yellow...
OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

Elija2

I haven't played this game since I beat the Elite Four. I have no motivation to catch 'em all.

Hakudamashi

OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

Elija2

Quote from: Hakudamashi on October 28, 2013, 03:22:19 PM
Then battle me!

I would but you'd probably kick my ass. None of my Pokemon are over lv. 70 and I haven't bothed IV or EV training any of them. My team probably sucks.

TheGameNinja

Honestly, reading about how Breeding has been streamlined and how Super Training works have me interested in trying to put together a worthwhile team for once. I'll probably get on that after I beat the game.

jkid101094

I've been doing lots of things, one of which being shiny hunting. I caught a shiny Poliwhirl today while Chain Fishing and I think I might evolve it in to Poliwrath and save my King's Rock for Slowking.

Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

Hakudamashi

And then trade me that Slowking for mah Pokedex.

I've been breeding, and trading these days. My Pokedex is filling up quite nicely. And it's easier than you'd think to train a worthwhile team.
The problem I have however is making smart decisions during battles like who to send out first, and "Should I use Fire Spin for continual damage? Or Fire Blast and hope it kills?".
And this online community has made me hate Paralysis with a firey passion @_@
OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

jkid101094

Quote from: Hakudamashi on October 29, 2013, 04:05:22 AM
The problem I have however is making smart decisions during battles like who to send out first, and "Should I use Fire Spin for continual damage? Or Fire Blast and hope it kills?".
That's an easy one. You should never use either. Fireblast misses too often and Fire Spin has so many better options, like Will O Wisp, for example.

Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

Hakudamashi

Quote from: jkid101094 on October 29, 2013, 11:04:35 AM
That's an easy one. You should never use either. Fireblast misses too often and Fire Spin has so many better options, like Will O Wisp, for example.
...obviously...
OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay