Zero Escape 2: Virtue's Last Reward

Started by Elija2, September 10, 2013, 05:10:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hakudamashi

Quote from: Elija2 on November 21, 2013, 06:00:31 PM
It's funny because there are a couple of parts in the game where the other characters call you an old man or make jokes about your age but since you don't know that you're an old man they all go right over your head.
Actually, there was the one where I grabbed Dio's leg and he yelled "LET ME GO YOU SENILE OLD FART", and Junpei was nowhere near him, that's when I confirmed my suspicion that this was in the future(y'know, cause the recording for the Nevada test site was on the same day that today was supposed to be), that Alice, Clover and Phi were in the pods in the treatment center, which was why they didn't age a day, and with this whole talk about sending your conciousness to another timeline, I made a guess that Sigma was Zero coming up with some obscure way to go far enough back in time to stop Radical 6... Imagine my face when all that sh*t was revealed...

Welp. final thoughts? Before you start unlocking the "To Be Continued" scenarios, the game was very meh for me, and I've already covered why, more than once.
But then you start unlocking the "To Be Continued" scenarios, and actual plot started happening, then it took me for a ride indeed. I ended up liking all the characters, I found it's plot to be gripping, and it's pace well done.
However, where 999 kept me intrigued and entertained from start to finish, VLR didn't make me start giving a sh*t until after the halfway point.

Whether I get the 3rd one or not, only time will tell, but I do know that if I do get it, I'm getting it on the system with a f*cking stylus.
OR ELSE!
Compliments to our Goddess for this piece of superspecialawesome!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

Elija2

Well, I guess that's it. Now I can't nag at you to finish this game anymore. I need to find someone else to nag at.

Tana played 999, right? I wonder where that dude is. And SmashFinale. And ProtoBlaze. And Kyo. And...Draco?

Hakudamashi

Y'know what I would've liked to see?
For the timelines where Akane was in the K armour, have K act more friendly to Tenmyouji, almost as if to hint that K is gay.
Y'know, have K want to be paired with him for the puzzle rooms, have K always choose "Ally" when against him, have the 2 always in the same room n' all that stuff.
OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

Elija2

Yeah, that would have been a nice touch but maybe Akane wasn't able to because she had to ensure that certain timelines happen.

Also, Aksys put up a survey about the Zero Escape series. You should fill it out to give them your opinion on the games. It could affect the next one.

Hakudamashi

Quote from: Elija2 on November 29, 2013, 06:58:51 AM
Yeah, that would have been a nice touch but maybe Akane wasn't able to because she had to ensure that certain timelines happen.
That's a lot of restraint...

Quote from: Elija2 on November 29, 2013, 06:58:51 AM
Also, Aksys put up a survey about the Zero Escape series. You should fill it out to give them your opinion on the games. It could affect the next one.
"Have a nice trick"
OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

Elija2

Quote from: Hakudamashi on November 29, 2013, 07:15:17 AM
That's a lot of restraint...

What's the point of having a boyfriend if you're dead?

Hakudamashi

But what if that boyfriend can help you not die?
OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

Elija2

I guess we'll just have to play the third game to see if their relationship goes anywhere!