Youtube Coming to 3DS and Shared Balances on Eshop

Started by jkid101094, November 13, 2013, 04:28:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jkid101094

Today's Nintendo Direct revealed some nice new info, including the fact that a new 3DS update will allow you to register your Nintendo Network ID and combine your Eshop balances, as well as stream YouTube straight to your 3DS. This update will apparently be arriving this month.

Quote from: DracoDraco:  Saber was my bitch LONG before you heard about her.  I introduced you to FSN, loser.  D<
Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

Says you. She likes me more. D<
And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

Elija2

I can't believe you left out the most important announcement which was that Miiverse is finally coming to the 3DS.

Also the update is coming next month.

Hakudamashi

OR ELSE!
Compliments to our Goddess for this piece of superspecialawesome!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

jkid101094

Quote from: DracoDraco:  Saber was my bitch LONG before you heard about her.  I introduced you to FSN, loser.  D<
Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

Hakudamashi

I actually wish they kept it a secret.
I would've flipped my sh*t when I found it.
OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

Elija2

Some people already guessed that Rosalina was gonna be in it since they previously showed some stickers that appeared to have her outline and her observatory appears on the cover art.

jkid101094

Quote from: Hakudamashi on November 14, 2013, 06:33:30 PM
I actually wish they kept it a secret.
I would've flipped my sh*t when I found it.
Same, but they did say they'd be revealing secret content.

Quote from: Elija2 on November 14, 2013, 06:56:45 PM
Some people already guessed that Rosalina was gonna be in it since they previously showed some stickers that appeared to have her outline and her observatory appears on the cover art.
I figured she'd get a cameo at best. This was unexpected.

Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

Elija2

But she has a black cat costume which is unlucky so nobody will want to play as her.

Also, come on guys, Miiverse on 3DS! It should be the biggest 3DS firmware update yet! Hopefully it's a good replacement for Swapnote.

Hakudamashi

Quote from: jkid101094 on November 14, 2013, 07:01:18 PM
I figured she'd get a cameo at best. This was unexpected.
This

Quote from: Elija2 on November 14, 2013, 07:07:55 PM
But she has a black cat costume which is unlucky so nobody will want to play as her.

Also, come on guys, Miiverse on 3DS! It should be the biggest 3DS firmware update yet! Hopefully it's a good replacement for Swapnote.
You racist.

F*ck that, ROSALINA!!!! ERMAGAWD!!!
jk, I'm excite. I wonder if they're gonna fuse the communities
OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

jkid101094

Quote from: Elija2 on November 14, 2013, 07:07:55 PM
Black? Why not light blue? Bogus.

Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

Hakudamashi

OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

Elija2

Quote from: Hakudamashi on November 14, 2013, 07:15:34 PM
jk, I'm excite. I wonder if they're gonna fuse the communities
Who knows. I'm sure that you'll only be able to view the game communities on their respective systems, but I wonder if the general communities like the Zelda one will be shared across both platforms.

Also, according to this the 3DS Miiverse has no messaging system:

So now that Spotpass is disabled for Swapnote there is no way to message 3DS friends. Goddamn Nintendo.

Quote from: jkid101094 on November 14, 2013, 07:20:16 PM
Black? Why not light blue? Bogus.
According to the Iwata Asks one of the guys working on the game made sure that she had a black cat costume. They don't specify why though.

Hakudamashi

Quote from: Elija2 on November 14, 2013, 07:22:28 PM
Also, according to this the 3DS Miiverse has no messaging system:

So now that Spotpass is disabled for Swapnote there is no way to message 3DS friends. Goddamn Nintendo.
What? Why?
OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

Elija2

Quote from: Hakudamashi on November 14, 2013, 07:26:44 PM
What? Why?
http://kotaku.com/child-predators-were-using-nintendos-swapnote-service-1459304126

They just shut it down one day without warning. Swapnote still works, but you can only send Swapnotes to people on your friend list who you happen to Streetpass which basically makes it useless. I'm especially saddened by Swapnote's shutdown because I was part of a community that exchanged New Leaf screenshots and drawings through the service. Miiverse might work out but it being moderated and all will prevent people from sharing anything deemed even slightly inappropriate by Nintendo.

Hakudamashi

I knew about Swapnote getting derped, but why no Private Messaging in 3DS Miiverse?
OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay