Next Sonic Video Game Should Include

Started by Yiannis128, December 22, 2014, 10:30:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Yiannis128

Hello people!
I am making this post to say what I think the next Sonic game should include, this can vary to content or hardware and other things like that. Feel free to post what you think the next Sonic game should be!
I made this post since I was really mad at Sega for ruining Sonic once again with Sonic Boom: Rise of Glitch, I think Sonic Boom: Shattered Crystal was OK for a game but Sonic Boom: Rise of Glitch was very bad, so now I guess people will stop talking that Sonic 06 was so bad since i got tired of that topic. Sega had such a winning formula with Sonic Colors and Sonic Generations but opted for gimmicks once again!

Anyway I really got of topic here! This is my top list of what should be in the next Sonic Games (Yes I said Sonic Games since they could reuse some stuff from the list a lot kind of like Nintendo does for Super Mario)!

1. Don't rush the game! Rushing the game is what causes a bad game, most good games take 2-3 years to develop but Sega releases Sonic games each 1-1.5 years bringing bad Sonic games!

2. Stick to what made Sonic good! Don't make the game like Sonic Boom and Sonic Lost World. Make the game like in Sonic Adventure (Highly Recommended), Sonic Adventure 2, Sonic Heroes (But better control), Sonic Unleashed (Without Werehog stages), Sonic Colors and Sonic Generations! Also if Sega wants to make it 2D Sonic Game then they should make it exactly like Sonic 1/2/3 & Knuckles!

3. Have a good story, provide good background story about the environment the Sonic Game takes place in and make it work.

4. Have a hub world but don't make it big, kind of like in Sonic Adventure. Also they shouldn't remove control of Sonic, they should keep him fast and fluid (I'm looking at Sonic Unleashed)

5. No loading screens! If loading screens are unavoidable make  them small and as less as possible!

6. More than one playable character! Have variety like in Sonic Adventure were you could play as a lot of characters! However don't make them slow or make them have nothing to do with the Sonic Style gameplay (Im looking at you big the cat!) For example: Have Sonic do the Sonic Adventure style gameplay and stages. Have Tails do those racing stages. Have Knuckles in BIGGER stages and do the hunting thing but include a radar! Have Shadow be the hard mode of the Sonic style gameplay!

7. Include Special Stages! Don't make them hard to control, don't make them like in Sonic 2 and in Sonic Heroes or in Sonic 1 since those have been done many times. Make them kind of like Sonic 3 and Knuckles since those type of Special Stages were original, fun and didn't feel cheep!

8. Have the Special Stages scattered! Have the Special Stages hidden kind of like in Sonic 3 and Knuckles were you would have to look for them and not have to collect the 50 rings and do stuff like that!

10. Have Super/Hyper Forms! Having Super Forms and Hyper forms would make you want to complete the Special Stages, also make them available not only in the final boss but in all stages, make more than one character transformable so you collect the emeralds for all characters!

11. Make the stages nice to look at and explore, have multiple roots and hidden items like rings and lives (Also the Special Stages Rings!)

12. Make the game easy and then go to hard! Don't keep the game easy for children because keep in mind that not only children play Sonic Games!

13. Have red rings to unlock stuff in a Legacy Sort of room! The room should have unlockables such as Sonic cut-scenes, music from new and old Sonic Games, art, episodes from TV Series, movies and mega drive games like Sonic 1/2/3 & Knuckles/Blue Sphere Game/Sonic CD.

14. Make the game on PlayStation 4, Xbox One/ Wii U/PC!

15. Have a PS Vita/3DS Version with less features! Port the console and PC Version to the Handhelds and remove the extra features like the TV Series and Movies, keep the cut-scenes though! Also remove some decoration items and down scale some graphics! Please note that the consoles have Blu-ray disks which hold a lot of memory! They also have hard disks! Also this is why Sega should not rush the game!

16. Don't make any sequels that don't expand but follow this list!

If Sega does these things then I am sure that Sonic should be redeemed and Sega should make enough money! I am planning to update the list a bit more in the future but for now this should be enough! Don't forget to post what YOU think should be in the next Sonic Game!

Also if they get enough money they could get back to making consoles! I mean it's only been two generations since Sega stopped so they could have a good console! They could support it for at least 5-8 years, make it powerful and cheap, don't make add-ons and have good marketing!

Thank you for reading!

LokiCharms

I think they should just make another Sonic Adventure game. This time with more Gamma :)

What could really get the fan-boys wallets open is if they made a Sonic game similar to like, 2nd Life and you could make your own character and do Sonic stuff on it.
What is this I don't even

Ryltohn

Quote15. Have a PS Vita/3DS Version with less features! Port the console and PC Version to the Handhelds and remove the extra features like the TV Series and Movies, keep the cut-scenes though! Also remove some decoration items and down scale some graphics! Please note that the consoles have Blu-ray disks which hold a lot of memory! They also have hard disks! Also this is why Sega should not rush the game!

As a previous owner of 3DS Sonic Generations, I can't say I completely agree with this. SGens 3DS was a very short (Me, a person VERY bad at Sonic, finished it in 3 hours) and very watered down (There was maybe 14 short levels and 5 boss battles. I dont remember exactly) adventure that left me very dissapointed. I ended up seling it off and wishing they had drawn on Sonic Advance/2/3, which was a significantly longer (also harder) series of games.

QuoteStick to what made Sonic good! Don't make the game like Sonic Boom and Sonic Lost World...Sonic Unleashed (Without Werehog stages),
So I'm probably the lone ranger with this, but I LIKED the werehog of Unleashed. I also found the demo to Sonic Boom to be...interesting. Maybe something that would eventually grow on me. Maybe its not traditional sonic, but if done well its quite fun. SEGA does more than just sonic games (which is splendid).
All your bass are belong to me