Main Menu

Yes, Elija, yes I do

Started by shadowDOESrock, September 10, 2014, 07:02:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hakudamashi

I thought you were the goddess.
OR ELSE!
Compliments to our Goddess for this piece of superspecialawesome!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

jkid101094

Quote from: DracoDraco:  Saber was my bitch LONG before you heard about her.  I introduced you to FSN, loser.  D<
Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

Says you. She likes me more. D<
And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

Elija2

Quote from: Crystal Candy on September 16, 2014, 04:19:19 AM
No, there no such a thing as an objectively bad joke. Jokes are always, with no exception, subjective.
Most of you probably wouldnt find 'What do you call a flying jew? Ash.' funny either. (I know jkid doesnt.)

I've done that (the vaginal one) joke before, but only around people I know won't cry about things being offensive, with great results. I literally just forgot that you guys arent into these kind of jokes.

Offensive jokes are a thing, and they have been a thing since a while now.

I don't think you understand what an offensive joke is. There was no humour in your post. It was offensive just for the sake of being offensive. That's not comedy.

Hakudamashi

Quote from: Elija2 on September 16, 2014, 12:32:24 PM
I don't think you understand what an offensive joke is. There was no humour in your post. It was offensive just for the sake of being offensive. That's not comedy.
Comedy is a subjective thing.

We didn't find it funny.
OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

jkid101094

Quote from: Elija2 on September 16, 2014, 12:32:24 PM
Then enlighten us on what comedy is.

Quote from: DracoDraco:  Saber was my bitch LONG before you heard about her.  I introduced you to FSN, loser.  D<
Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

Elija2

Quote from: jkid101094 on September 16, 2014, 12:45:03 PM
Then enlighten us on what comedy is.

As the King of Komedy, I'll gladly enlighten you all on the nuances of comedic humour.

It's when something is funny.

Hakudamashi

OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

Elija2

If a person finds it to be funny, they have a bad sense of humour.

jkid101094

Quote from: Elija2 on September 16, 2014, 01:05:25 PM
As the King of Komedy, I'll gladly enlighten you all on the nuances of comedic humour.

It's when something is funny.
Quote from: Elija2 on September 16, 2014, 01:14:04 PM
If a person finds it to be funny, they have a bad sense of humour.
I can't tell if you're being sarcastic or if against all odds you are somehow being serious.

If it's the later you are definitely proving the point I made earlier.

Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

Elija2

"I'll fuck anything but black vaginas because they look rotten" is not something that can ever be construed as funny. What's the joke? Where's the punchline? Only an insane person would laugh at that sentence. That's not comedy.

jkid101094

Not all jokes need to have a punchline you tit. Some people could consider the entire joke the punch line because the statement is just so absurd. You saying, "Well if someone laughs at it they're morons" only makes you look like a pompous dickbag.

Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

Elija2

Quote from: jkid101094 on September 16, 2014, 01:49:49 PM
Not all jokes need to have a punchline you tit. Some people could consider the entire joke the punch line because the statement is just so absurd. You saying, "Well if someone laughs at it they're morons" only makes you look like a pompous dickbag.

Oh, so any racist statement can be a joke if you make it absurd enough.

jkid101094

Quote from: Elija2 on September 16, 2014, 02:17:34 PM
Oh, so any racist statement can be a joke if you make it absurd enough.
Any racist statement can be a joke PERIOD.

It all depends on the audience and we are not the audience for that sort of humor.

Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

Elija2

Quote from: jkid101094 on September 16, 2014, 02:20:00 PM
Any racist statement can be a joke PERIOD.

It all depends on the audience and we are not the audience for that sort of humor.

Um, no, that's crazy. If I say "All black people deserve to be lynched" then that can not be construed as a joke in any way.

Who is the audience for that sort of humour? Racists?

Hakudamashi

Quote from: Elija2 on September 16, 2014, 02:34:53 PM
"All black people deserve to be lynched"
That is not a joke

First of all "Black vaginas look rotten."
Fruits and vegetables more often than not look black when they're rotten.

There's a corelation, a root, a relateable aspect, something to make you go "I get it".

"All black people deserved to be lynched"
That's a statement with no room to ponder what else it could mean.
OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay