Main Menu

how 2 gf: dubiety

Started by shadowDOESrock, August 23, 2014, 04:45:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

shadowDOESrock

okay so
I met this totally cute girl and she's degreeing in computer science and oh my god she's cute.

It just so happens she's going to the same school (college) and I dont know where how why

And that's all I found out in 10 Minutes. Now it's time to stalk.

jkid101094

Quote from: Crystal Candy on August 23, 2014, 04:45:30 AM
Now it's time to stalk.
Contrary to popular belief women don't like this.

Quote from: DracoDraco:  Saber was my bitch LONG before you heard about her.  I introduced you to FSN, loser.  D<
Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

Says you. She likes me more. D<
And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

Elija2

Act natural.

Unless stalking girls is natural to you, then don't act natural.

shadowDOESrock

Quote from: jkid101094 on August 23, 2014, 04:59:07 AM
Contrary to popular belief women don't like this.

No way.

Quote from: Elija2 on August 23, 2014, 05:06:51 AM
Act natural.

Unless stalking girls is natural to you, then don't act natural.

Yep, time to not act natural.

---
srs though, I have no social skills lol

Elija2

Quote from: Crystal Candy on August 23, 2014, 05:36:58 AM
srs though, I have no social skills lol

Pretend that real life is an internet forum, then you'll have tons of social skills.

shadowDOESrock

Quote from: Elija2 on August 23, 2014, 05:41:04 AM
Pretend that real life is an internet forum, then you'll have tons of social skills.

dick jokes dont work too well in real life

jkid101094

Don't you think that this is the worst place to be asking about something like this? I mean, most of us are only still here because we have no real life friends.

Quote from: DracoDraco:  Saber was my bitch LONG before you heard about her.  I introduced you to FSN, loser.  D<
Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

Elija2

Quote from: jkid101094 on August 23, 2014, 08:32:23 AM
Don't you think that this is the worst place to be asking about something like this? I mean, most of us are only still here because we have no real life friends.

Hey, speak for yourself.

shadowDOESrock

Oh, yeah, no - This is all lighthearted, self-aware, pseudo-commentary if you will.

I usually just always get shot down because I take forever to actually ask out.
Or I unintentionally friendzone and only realise afterwards what happened.

It's more of a "I hate everyone" than a lack of social skills. Socially awkward, I guess.

Like, I'm the guy who wants to go a H.R Giger exhibition at a museum, watches "arthouse" movies and mostly listens to music no one else listens to - and I'm not doing University, so basically there's no one who would be into these things, just Hip-Hop / Pop / EDM / #Weed / Paranormal Activity / Call of Duty-ians.

Elija2

It doesn't matter if you don't have much in common, it only matters that you enjoy spending time together.

Just focus on being her friend and not someone that just wants to get in her pants.

shadowDOESrock

Quote from: Elija2 on August 23, 2014, 10:01:10 AM
It doesn't matter if you don't have much in common, it only matters that you enjoy spending time together.

See, this is the part where it doesnt click. Like, I'm more on the look out for a relationship than just a friend. (Although I dont mind more friends). But, I can't see that working for a prolonged time...

Elija2

Quote from: Crystal Candy on August 23, 2014, 10:18:37 AM
See, this is the part where it doesnt click. Like, I'm more on the look out for a relationship than just a friend. (Although I dont mind more friends). But, I can't see that working for a prolonged time...

So you'll lose interest in her if you find out that she's not interested in a relationship? That's kinda mean.

Maddiekinns

Quote from: Crystal Candy on August 23, 2014, 04:45:30 AM
okay so
I met this totally cute girl and she's degreeing in computer science and oh my god she's cute.

It just so happens she's going to the same school (college) and I dont know where how why

And that's all I found out in 10 Minutes. Now it's time to stalk.
I have IRL friends (I think) AND I'm a girl so lemme help?

Okay so you met her, good. Now it's time to strike up conversation; try talking to her about her degree plan. Just ask her about it. "Do you like it so far?" "How is the school work?" "Jobs?" you know, that deal. If she's comfortable with talking she'd answer nicely. Usually true geeky girls are up for conversation. The true ones... Anywho, you have to talk, you won't get anywhere whatsoever if you don't talk. You can't let your social insecurities get to you in a situation like this; you gotta put them aside and just go for it. You won't always win, but it helps to get yourself out there because you will win eventually.

shadowDOESrock

Quote from: Elija2 on August 23, 2014, 10:34:34 AM
So you'll lose interest in her if you find out that she's not interested in a relationship? That's kinda mean.

Thaaaaat is not what I intended to say.

Quote from: Maddiekinns on August 23, 2014, 10:46:41 AM
I have IRL friends (I think) AND I'm a girl so lemme help?

Okay so you met her, good. Now it's time to strike up conversation; try talking to her about her degree plan. Just ask her about it. "Do you like it so far?" "How is the school work?" "Jobs?" you know, that deal. If she's comfortable with talking she'd answer nicely. Usually true geeky girls are up for conversation. The true ones... Anywho, you have to talk, you won't get anywhere whatsoever if you don't talk. You can't let your social insecurities get to you in a situation like this; you gotta put them aside and just go for it. You won't always win, but it helps to get yourself out there because you will win eventually.

I'll do just that - was kinda planning to. Although that last line is encouraging.
We need more Maddiekinns on here.

Maddiekinns

Quote from: Crystal Candy on August 23, 2014, 10:53:59 AM
Thaaaaat is not what I intended to say.

I'll do just that - was kinda planning to. Although that last line is encouraging.
;u;

Hakudamashi

Quote from: Crystal Candy on August 23, 2014, 10:53:59 AM

It was only encouraging cause she has a vagina.
OR ELSE!
Compliments to our Goddess for this piece of superspecialawesome!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

shadowDOESrock

Quote from: Hakudamashi on August 23, 2014, 01:14:43 PM
It was only encouraging cause she has a vagina.

I find that to be personally insulting, especially since I said something very similar to you in the previous topic.

Hakudamashi

Are you saying you don't find vagina encouraging?
OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

Maddiekinns

shadowDOESrock

I gave up.

...butimontosomethingelse lol

Okay, just to let y'all know, I only gave up because I knew enough to know that no.

jkid101094

There's only room for one Goddess in your lives anyway.

Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

Hakudamashi

Quote from: Crystal Candy on September 05, 2014, 01:30:12 PM
Okay, just to let y'all know, I only gave up because I knew enough to know that no.
What does that even mean?
OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

Elija2

Quote from: Hakudamashi on September 05, 2014, 02:10:52 PM
What does that even mean?

I think he's saying that he gave up because he knew he never stood a chance.

shadowDOESrock

Quote from: Elija2 on September 05, 2014, 03:49:45 PM
I think he's saying that he gave up because he knew he never stood a chance.

That.

Meme Master Flex

make it obvious that you want to be in a relationship with her, but don't force yourself too hard

if you come off as a friend, that's the way she'll see you

don't force it

don't force it

don't fucking force it

you force it, friendzone, you wait too long, friendzone, you act like a friend, well, you know.

Hakudamashi

OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

Elija2

Quote from: Celery on September 06, 2014, 01:43:42 PM
make it obvious that you want to be in a relationship with her, but don't force yourself too hard

if you come off as a friend, that's the way she'll see you

don't force it

don't force it

don't fucking force it

you force it, friendzone, you wait too long, friendzone, you act like a friend, well, you know.

Many relationships start as friendships. Being someone's friend doesn't automatically lock you out of being a potential love interest.

jkid101094

And then people ask me why I don't care about relationships.

Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

Hakudamashi

Quote from: Elija2 on September 06, 2014, 03:06:07 PM
Many relationships start as friendships. Being someone's friend doesn't automatically lock you out of being a potential love interest.
kek.
OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

Hakudamashi

Whatever you want it to mean baby.
OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

Elija2

Haku, are you hitting on me?

Hakudamashi

OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

Elija2

Meme Master Flex

Quote from: Elija2 on September 06, 2014, 03:06:07 PM

never said it did, i said acting too much like a friend will make it so that they see you like a friend, instead of an intrest

Elija2

Quote from: Celery on September 07, 2014, 11:20:57 AM
never said it did, i said acting too much like a friend will make it so that they see you like a friend, instead of an intrest

What's the difference between acting like a friend and acting like a love interest?

shadowDOESrock

Quote from: Elija2 on September 07, 2014, 11:41:52 AM
What's the difference between acting like a friend and acting like a love interest?

This.

Meme Master Flex

Quote from: Elija2 on September 07, 2014, 11:41:52 AM

You can act like a friend but still be seen as a love interest, I mean don't white knight and expect a reward at the end of the day because "you're a nice guy". If you're friends with someone because you wanted to be in a relationship and you're stuck, then that's your fault. You presented yourself as a friend, instead of a partner. I mean, sure, you can be the person's best friend for years and get into a relationship with them, but it'll probably crash and burn because it'll be awkward to see your friend in that light. Life isn't some kind of Japanese weeaboo trash where if you confess you automatically get who you want to be with. I wish I could explain better, but the best way I can say it is be flirty as compared to being there for them always.

[sorry for the roundabout explanation]

Elija2

If you're white knighting someone, you're not really acting like a friend.

Being flirty with someone can be off-putting if they don't see you as a romantic interest. It can be seen as coming on too strong.

Meme Master Flex

Quote from: Elija2 on September 07, 2014, 12:57:46 PM
If you're white knighting someone, you're not really acting like a friend.

Being flirty with someone can be off-putting if they don't see you as a romantic interest. It can be seen as coming on too strong.

yes and this varies between person, it's just how i see things and how it works for me, this isn't fact or anything. honestly i'm unintentionally flirty around females and i've only realized that now, it's also the reason why some people find me annoying also because i yell and scream a lot

really just be yourself as cliche as that is

Meme Master Flex

also i don't mean white knight like actually white knighting, i mean being too much of a friend

Elija2

Well Kyo, I hope you learned a thing or two on how to pick up girls from us random nerds on the internet.

Hakudamashi

We're not random, we're all buddies here.
OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

dreamcasthime

Quote from: Celery on September 07, 2014, 01:04:12 PM

yes and this varies between person, it's just how i see things and how it works for me, this isn't fact or anything. honestly i'm unintentionally flirty around females and i've only realized that now, it's also the reason why some people find me annoying also because i yell and scream a lot

really just be yourself as cliche as that is

^ This. Some people do require being kinda flirty, but just as many work out by actually building up as a friend. Nonetheless, as he said, just be yourself really. I didn't get Alex by just being obnoxious or acting like someone else. I'm just me and that's all it takes. If you have to act like someone you aren't to get a girlfriend/boyfriend, then they're someone not worth being with.