Terrible Queensland floods!

Started by Tanassy, January 10, 2011, 11:57:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tanassy

Linky

Flooding, everywhere. It's made worldwide news, it's so bad. Freak weather has caused the whole city centre to be evacuated, and there's more. disaster warnings. The whole state is on the verge of being declared 'a major disaster area'. What the hell is going on?

"I never thought I would see the day when I had to say something nice about a Queenslander, but that time has come.
I don't think I have ever been as proud to be an Australian as I am now. I have watched the reactions of Queenslanders to the devastating floods and have been amazed at their resilience and courage.
Many of them have lost everything, their homes, their businesses and sometimes their lives - yet with all that they keep their sense of humour and look on the bright side - I can't find one - they dig in and help each other; they don't sit and bewail their fate, nor do they complain about the government or the rescue services. They are not blaming others for the natural disaster that has ruined them. I shall walk taller and hold my head high and be grateful for being an Aussie from now on."

-David Edwards

Seriously, look at that video, the whole way through. This hasn't happened since '74 and it's just getting worse than even then.