IndyCar 500 driver dies

Started by sonicman0, October 18, 2011, 02:24:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sonicman0

On Sunday ,Indianapolis 500 winner Dan Wheldon died Sunday in a fiery 15-car wreck at Las Vegas Motor Speedway when his car flew over another on Lap 13 and smashed into the wall just outside turn 2.Wheldon was 33. Drivers were told of Wheldon's death in a meeting about two hours after the fiery, smoky crash that many drivers said was the worst they had ever seen.

jkid101094

At least he went out doing what he loved(?)...

Quote from: DracoDraco:  Saber was my bitch LONG before you heard about her.  I introduced you to FSN, loser.  D<
Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

Says you. She likes me more. D<
And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

xSalashawty

He died badass.

Serious thought: He's 33? Damn. But when I saw the crash this morning, it looked like it hurt, especially from a head trauma..slowly bleeding to death and sitting there with lurking pain with fading thoughts and memories..
-shot-
(cause of death was something towards the head.)

Are you lookin' at me fruitcake? I don't need a date.
Click me.

TheGameNinja

I think he probably died instantly, considering the speed they were going.

This is sad but its going to happen in these kinds of things. Sad, but not surprising.

Maybe we should look into making those orb things from the Speed racer movie.

sonicman0

Quote from: TheGameNinja on October 18, 2011, 05:53:58 PM
I think he probably died instantly, considering the speed they were going.

This is sad but its going to happen in these kinds of things. Sad, but not surprising.

Maybe we should look into making those orb things from the Speed racer movie.
actually the crash is surprising. crashes like this are really rare and most of the time dont lead to anything fatal.

SmashFinale

Quote from: sonicman0 on October 18, 2011, 11:36:41 PM
actually the crash is surprising. crashes like this are really rare and most of the time dont lead to anything fatal.
No.... This is yet another reason why NASCAR is obviously scripted heavily, 200mph and 500 laps turning to the left all the time and they dont crash? What the hell? I know that they are professionals and all that jazz, but crashes should be much more frequent and so should be death.