The Pirate Bay is shutting down

Started by Elija2, July 02, 2009, 10:06:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Elija2

http://torrentfreak.com/the-pirate-bay-closes-its-tracker-removes-torrents-090630/

After countless lawsuits against the site, The Pirate Bay has finally been bought out and will be shutting down. This means that many of the torrents on this site will no longer work as they will be soon removing their torrents. If you are downloading any torrents from the site, I suggest you quickly finish the download before all of the seeds are removed.

jkid101094

Quote from: Elija2 on July 02, 2009, 10:06:43 AM
http://torrentfreak.com/the-pirate-bay-closes-its-tracker-removes-torrents-090630/

After countless lawsuits against the site, The Pirate Bay has finally been bought out and will be shutting down. This means that many of the torrents on this site will no longer work as they will be soon removing their torrents. If you are downloading any torrents from the site, I suggest you quickly finish the download before all of the seeds are removed.

Good thing I hate torrents. ;D

Quote from: DracoDraco:  Saber was my bitch LONG before you heard about her.  I introduced you to FSN, loser.  D<
Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

Says you. She likes me more. D<
And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

NiGHTS

Quote from: jkid101094 on July 02, 2009, 10:09:30 AM
Good thing I hate torrents. ;D

inorite

but for all the torrent junkies their dl speed has just majorly slowed down xD (though its already slow....)

jkid101094

Quote from: NiGHTS on July 02, 2009, 10:13:38 AM
inorite

but for all the torrent junkies their dl speed has just majorly slowed down xD (though its already slow....)

*looks at the word inorite* Good thing I have my urban dictionary!

But yeah thats why I hate torrents. They're slow as hell! :)

Quote from: DracoDraco:  Saber was my bitch LONG before you heard about her.  I introduced you to FSN, loser.  D<
Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

Says you. She likes me more. D<
And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

NeoMetalSonic

Quote from: jkid101094 on July 02, 2009, 11:40:56 AM
*looks at the word inorite* Good thing I have my urban dictionary!

But yeah thats why I hate torrents. They're slow as hell! :)
SOMETIMES they can be slow. Sometimes they're fast and then they go slow for a long time then they go up like 100kb/s and it just keeps changing. But it depends on how good your internet connection is. If you have a Desktop with wired connection and the computer is fairly new that downloads will be SUPER fast. That is of course if it has a lot of seeds

Hakudamashi

OR ELSE!
Compliments to our Goddess for this piece of superspecialawesome!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

Elija2

Quote from: Windlessusher on July 08, 2009, 03:50:29 PM
Torrents fail anyway

no u

Surprisingly many of my friends knew about and were angered by the shutting down of The Pirate Bay. They actually downloaded many games from there.

Hakudamashi

Quote from: Elija2 on July 08, 2009, 03:57:52 PM
no u

Surprisingly many of my friends knew about and were angered by the shutting down of The Pirate Bay. They actually downloaded many games from there.
Cause they didn't bother to search for a better site
OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

Elija2

Quote from: Windlessusher on July 08, 2009, 04:04:57 PM
Cause they didn't bother to search for a better site

Exactly. Do you know how hard it is to find large games for normal download without it being a virus or a scam? Torrents are the easiest thing to come by and they're everywhere so might as well use them. They're efficient because you can stop a download and start it again later and you're downloading it from multiple peers so it can be a super fast download.

Hakudamashi

Quote from: Elija2 on July 08, 2009, 04:07:04 PM
Exactly. Do you know how hard it is to find large games for normal download without it being a virus or a scam? Torrents are the easiest thing to come by and they're everywhere so might as well use them. They're efficient because you can stop a download and start it again later and you're downloading it from multiple peers so it can be a super fast download.
how come you ppl are so lucky?
Every torrent I come across is either renamed and full of pr0n or gives me viruses that give me the BSOD
OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

Elija2

Quote from: Windlessusher on July 08, 2009, 04:20:41 PM
Every torrent I come across is either renamed and full of pr0n or gives me viruses that give me the BSOD

Because that's what you were looking for?
I'm just smart. I know which torrents are the good ones. I'll share some of my wisdom with you: Read the comments for the torrent. Also check to see how many seeds and leechers there are. It's good to have many seeds and less leechers.

ChaosMaster

Quote from: Windlessusher on July 08, 2009, 04:20:41 PM

That's exactly why I hate torrents, and stopped even looking at them after trying to get one for a second time.

Sig made by ShadowsofSilver

Visit me on youtube: http://www.youtube.com/user/ShadowSnake753

RedCap-BlueSpikes

Quote from: ChaosMaster on July 29, 2009, 01:44:44 PM
That's exactly why I hate torrents, and stopped even looking at them after trying to get one for a second time.

You guys must be some unlucky mo fo's, because i just
downloaded Sonic Unleashed for the PS2, and also,
torrents take less time than a regular download.

Rulep

This kindy sucks. Now it would to download games like Wii, PS2...  :( The same like the guy at top of me. Though i got all the games for PS2 i need at the moment.
Rulep: do you ever fall in love with yourself
Captain Nook: for me, there could never be anyone else.
Captain Nook: I've spent hours looking in the mirror.

Dracoslythe

What?
The pirate bay is where I get most of my torrents, and they all seem to work fine, no slow downloads (unless the leecher::seeder ratio is fucked...)

ChaosDazer

Quote from: Dracoslythe on August 17, 2009, 09:25:10 AM
What?
The pirate bay is where I get most of my torrents, and they all seem to work fine, no slow downloads (unless the leecher::seeder ratio is fucked...)
I'm sure they announced they aren't shutting down.
witty sig caption

azlj01

Quote from: ChaosDazer on August 17, 2009, 09:56:22 AM
I'm sure they announced they aren't shutting down.
Yeah they said they will stay and fight until the end.

TailsnYoshi

I never really liked Torrents anyways because they're extremly slow for me :P

Sonicboom238

I don't download 2 many torrents so i don't mind torrents.A lot of ppl i know on youtube rely on torrents.They struggle to get the games they want.
Lol hay i like cheese.

Chaos Swissroll

All you haters shut the f**k up.
Torrent is awesome, that's why we got a Torrent section in SVIP and Unrelated downloads.
If it is slow to you
THEN YOUR INTERNET SUCK.GET A BETTER INTERNET.Stop using 50k internets.

Also, just as Elija2 said
QuoteRead the comments for the torrent. Also check to see how many seeds and leechers there are. It's good to have many seeds and less leechers.

shaneme3

I acuttly feel a little bit of joy, I never could find what I wanted on their and I think I got a virus from these guys before. yea, EXACTLY what good site should do.
"Of course we're in Canada, thats why all the pigs taste like bacon!" My youtube channel, please check it out! http://www.youtube.com/user/shaneme3?feature=mhee

Chaos Swissroll

Quote from: shaneme3 on December 10, 2009, 03:06:38 AM
I acuttly feel a little bit of joy, I never could find what I wanted on their and I think I got a virus from these guys before. yea, EXACTLY what good site should do.
You bumped a two months old thread.

GO READ THE RULES!

Oh yeah, they're back now.