Warner Brothers: Wii U is merely just started its engines

Started by shadowDOESrock, June 18, 2013, 09:21:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

shadowDOESrock

Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment president Martin Tremblay has said the firm is still confident in Wii U, it’s just the console got off to a slow start.

Speaking with GI International during E3, Tremblay said the company is on every console’s team.

“Honestly, we hope everybody’s going to work out. It’s just good for the industry,” he said. “I think [Wii U] has been off to a slow start, but I think they’re going to fix the problem.

“I don’t think it’s a problem, but it’s more about the content. And I think they showed tons of new content [at E3] that will re-energize the platform.”

Tremblay said he is also pleased with PS4′s price point, calling it “spot-on,” and with Xbox One, he said he didn’t expect Warner to change its business model from what it is currently.

“You’ve got to listen to your consumers,” Tremblay said. “You’ve got to listen to people playing the game. That’s very important. I think I was a little bit surprised [over the Xbox One used games stance], to be honest. Now that we see that coming and we see what people want, just go with it. That’s the way I look at it.”

Warner Brothers is releasing Batman: Arkham Origins, Lego Marvel Super Heroes, Scribblenauts Unmasked and Dying Light later this year.

Hakudamashi

You mean like the PS3 and the Xbox and the Xbox360 and the 3DS and so on?
OR ELSE!
Compliments to our Goddess for this piece of superspecialawesome!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

shadowDOESrock

Quote from: windlessusher on June 18, 2013, 09:46:35 AM
You mean like the PS3 and the Xbox and the Xbox360 and the 3DS and so on?

Just PS3 and 3DS and everything that failed.

Aside from the Dreamcast. That was the fastest selling system ever before it died because of the PS2

Hakudamashi

It died to the convenience of having a DVD player in a game console, not the PS2...
OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

Elija2

Quote from: windlessusher on June 18, 2013, 10:14:04 AM
It died to the convenience of having a DVD player in a game console, not the PS2...

Not really, otherwise the Gamecube also would have failed and the Xbox would have been just as successful.

TheGameNinja

The Dreamcast was the victim of Sony's pre-release marketing campaign and rampant piracy.

Hakudamashi

Quote from: Elija2 on June 18, 2013, 11:39:59 AM
Not really, otherwise the Gamecube also would have failed and the Xbox would have been just as successful.
The Dreamcast didn't have to also deal with the hype pre-launch.
OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay