What anime are you focusing on right now?

Started by Skyle369, July 02, 2010, 06:48:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ioshyriku

I finished all over "Shimoneta", it was funny.

Ioshyriku

And Ioshyriku posts once again.
So I've been watching Good Luck Girl! is a show about a girl with a huge rack too much luck that is accidentally drown from the people around her, so a god of poverty, which is now the best best girl, is sent to take that away. It's probably the funniest anime I've ever seen, beating even School Rumble with it's awesome silliness. Also there are some moments in the first few episodes that kinda touched my heart strings, so there is that. I still have two more episodes but I don't want to finish it yet. Also this:

Another anime I started watching this week is Sabagebu! -Survival Game Club!, or "How the bloody hell is this a shojo anime?" as I call it, is a hilarious little show about a bunch high school girls with overly dramatic imaginations and their daily lives in a survival game club. I'm still at the third episode, even so it seems to get crazier as it goes on, which is awesome.

I've also seen the third Persona 3 movie, Falling Down.
I love how they implemented some of the social links in the actual story instead of showing still pics like in the last one. I can't believe how real Makoto acts in this episode; Junpei and Chidori's relationship also feels very real; Aigis once again proves how awesome she is; but the it still feels rushed, Seriously, I think the last twenty minutes of this movie could've been placed in the next one, I mean the story here feels very short, heck they got over a very important plot element in the first 15 minutes and also there is not much to tell after this other than finishing with Tartarus and the final boss, unless they want to put some of The Answer's elements at the end. Can't wait for Winter of Rebirth.

NiGHTSfan

Quote from: Ioshyriku on February 24, 2016, 09:32:04 AM
And Ioshyriku posts once again.
So I've been watching Good Luck Girl! is a show about a girl with a huge rack too much luck that is accidentally drown from the people around her, so a god of poverty, which is now the best best girl, is sent to take that away. It's probably the funniest anime I've ever seen, beating even School Rumble with it's awesome silliness. Also there are some moments in the first few episodes that kinda touched my heart strings, so there is that. I still have two more episodes but I don't want to finish it yet. Also this:

Another anime I started watching this week is Sabagebu! -Survival Game Club!, or "How the bloody hell is this a shojo anime?" as I call it, is a hilarious little show about a bunch high school girls with overly dramatic imaginations and their daily lives in a survival game club. I'm still at the third episode, even so it seems to get crazier as it goes on, which is awesome.

I've also seen the third Persona 3 movie, Falling Down.
I love how they implemented some of the social links in the actual story instead of showing still pics like in the last one. I can't believe how real Makoto acts in this episode; Junpei and Chidori's relationship also feels very real; Aigis once again proves how awesome she is; but the it still feels rushed, Seriously, I think the last twenty minutes of this movie could've been placed in the next one, I mean the story here feels very short, heck they got over a very important plot element in the first 15 minutes and also there is not much to tell after this other than finishing with Tartarus and the final boss, unless they want to put some of The Answer's elements at the end. Can't wait for Winter of Rebirth.

holy shit dude u have alot of time on ur hands i have more time than anyone here and i dont want to finish all of my anime in one go cause it kinda ruins the savoring feel of watching it but i wouldnt mind watching a mythbusters marathon cause i love that show more than any other series ive seen in my life but still im trying to finish infinite stratos season one which i havent watched since last summer i was on the beach episode which was funny as hell i did finish hagani season 1 i plan to buy season 2 soon also i plan to watch b gata h kei anime too im that kinda guy who likes ecchie anime

Ioshyriku

I just started watching Air Gear, it feels a lot like Jet Set Radio, but without the tagging.

Quote from: batman on February 25, 2016, 12:19:05 AM
holy shit dude u have alot of time on ur hands
I can't say I have a lot of free time, I just plan it in an odd way.

Elija2

I've never watched Air Gear because I heard that the plot is convoluted and dumb, but I guess that's what most anime is like!

Ioshyriku

Quote from: Elija2 on February 26, 2016, 07:28:14 AM
I've never watched Air Gear because I heard that the plot is convoluted and dumb, but I guess that's what most anime is like!
People say it get's stupid only towards the end, but for now it feels like a normal shonen show with a funky soundtrack.

Elija2

Fun Fact: Hideki Naganuma (the composer for the Jet Set Radio soundtracks) also composed some songs for the Air Gear anime.

Ioshyriku

I know, I actually had a hunch so I googled that at around episode 2 to make sure.

snowman

Ioshyriku

- That stuff about Air Gear getting dumb and convoluted was not true, it almost went there, but the show continued being fun and easy to understand; maybe that's true only about the manga.
So yeah, I finished it, but I'm kinda sad that I did since I had lots of fun watching it.
- I also started watching Tsuritama about the same time I started with Air Gear, but I am taking it slow since it's more a relaxing type of show and not fun to marathon, since that would make it very boring. It has some enjoyable characters, good music (similar to Azumanga Daioh and Yotsuba) and interesting art style with a nice use of color.
- We also have Dragon Ball Super, I wanted to wait for the dub, especially since the English subs are messed up everywhere I looked and dubs, especially the Funimation ones make some shows more fun. But I really wanted to watch it and I gladly found a site with Romanian subtitles that are actually good and am currently at episode 19.
- I am currently watching Assassination Classroom, which destroyed my expectations and it's a really good show with great humor and some touching moments. Who knew an alien that plans to destroy the world could be such a great example for someone planning to become a teacher.

NiGHTSfan

Quote from: Ioshyriku on March 24, 2016, 01:38:05 AM
- That stuff about Air Gear getting dumb and convoluted was not true, it almost went there, but the show continued being fun and easy to understand; maybe that's true only about the manga.
So yeah, I finished it, but I'm kinda sad that I did since I had lots of fun watching it.
- I also started watching Tsuritama about the same time I started with Air Gear, but I am taking it slow since it's more a relaxing type of show and not fun to marathon, since that would make it very boring. It has some enjoyable characters, good music (similar to Azumanga Daioh and Yotsuba) and interesting art style with a nice use of color.
- We also have Dragon Ball Super, I wanted to wait for the dub, especially since the English subs are messed up everywhere I looked and dubs, especially the Funimation ones make some shows more fun. But I really wanted to watch it and I gladly found a site with Romanian subtitles that are actually good and am currently at episode 19.
- I am currently watching Assassination Classroom, which destroyed my expectations and it's a really good show with great humor and some touching moments. Who knew an alien that plans to destroy the world could be such a great example for someone planning to become a teacher.

i have to say this dude u watch alot of fucked up anime

Ioshyriku

I also started watching Osomatsu-san a sequel/revival of an anime from the 60s, and it is really funny.
And, you know, Jojo's Bizarre Adventure Part 4: Diamond is Unbreakable premiered today, and I watched, and liked it, and it will be amazing like the previous parts!

Phantasy Star Online 2 the Animation has ended, it was not that great of a show, but it was fun to watch... it's funny, since lately I considered it more fun than the game itself.
Quote from: batman on June 08, 1974, 03:42:01 AM
I have to say this dude, you watch a lot of fucked up anime.
The only show I watch you could say is a bit fucked up is Jojo's Bizarre Adventure, but even that is a huge stretch.

Killercobra159

DB Super
Naruto Shippuden
And currently binging the devil is a part timer

Ioshyriku

Do films count? if not, I don't care I'm breaking the rules. Anyway, just watched Summer Wars, it was a really great movie, I'm not saying much about it because you need to see it.

Ioshyriku

More anime to the list, this time I'll keep the descriptions short:
- Gatchaman Crowds: Very stylish Tatsunoko Production superhero show. Don't like the designs of their costumes though, the original Gatchaman costumes looked cooler. Kinda reminds me of the Devil Survivor games for some reason.
- My Hero Academia: A normal boy born in a world full of people with superpowers and his quest of becoming a hero himself.
- Golden Boy: A pervert with a golden heart on his journey to learn about the world.
- Great Teacher Onizuka: An old gang member that becomes a teacher.
- Trigun: I really don't have to tell you what this classic is about. I only saw like 9 episodes when I was a kid and I really needed to watch it. Better late then never.