What are your pet-peeves?

Started by ~Bubblicious~, August 23, 2011, 05:14:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

~Bubblicious~

Yep, a topic about what ticks you off without a real reason!
My pet-peeves consist of the following;

1. Improper grammar
2. Incorrect spelling
3. Messily folded clothes
4. Hair stuck in the hair-brush
5. Books not being in order by series and size
6. Smug attitudes
7. The use of "Y" "U" R" etc. instead of putting barely any effort into typing the full word
8. Constant apologizing
9. When people pretend like they're in the worst pain in the world. (Been there, still there, don't go there with me =P.)
10. Caps rape.

jkid101094

Cue Tana being all over this topic in 3...2...1...

Quote from: DracoDraco:  Saber was my bitch LONG before you heard about her.  I introduced you to FSN, loser.  D<
Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

Says you. She likes me more. D<
And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

FlashTheHedgehog123

Spammers and people that use "R" and "U" instead of "Are" and "You".
Hello!

~Bubblicious~

Quote from: FlashTheHedgehog123 on August 23, 2011, 05:16:58 AM
Spammers and people that use "R" and "U" instead of "Are" and "You".

Amen! Spamming is a nuisance on everyone as it is. Plus, is it really that hard to type an extra two letters for are, you, etc.? I mean jeez. When I was 10 I didn't do that.

jkid101094

Quote from: TobiTheGoodGirl on August 23, 2011, 05:18:28 AM
Amen! Spamming is a nuisance on everyone as it is. Plus, is it really that hard to type an extra two letters for are, you, etc.? I mean jeez. When I was 10 I didn't do that.
This. When I first started using the internet I at least had the sense to use what I thought was proper grammar. I don't know why kids think it's so cool to be lazy.

Quote from: DracoDraco:  Saber was my bitch LONG before you heard about her.  I introduced you to FSN, loser.  D<
Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

Tanassy

No offence to you Americans, but words like "Color", "Gray", "mustache", heck even "Airplane" tick me. Well what is the point behind changing those words?

The misuse of words such as "too", "to" and "Two". "Their", "There" and "They're". And "Your" and "you're". How can you confuse them so easily? Sure, I've done it, but as a goddamn spelling mistake. I have to constantly remind my own 22 year old sister to spell "too", "too". Nuff said.

The spelling of the word "okay". People write "k", "ok", "OK", "kay", "okay", you get it. "Okay" is the way I think it should be said. "k" is lazy. So is "ok". Ok?, like doc? Nope. At least the capitalized version makes sense.

Moving away from language, I hate when people diss something they know nothing about. For example putting down a game they've never played.

I'm gonna copy Tobi here and say I hate when people use "U", "R", "Y?", etc. Even worse, when people shorten things out of pure lazyness like "l8", "2mrw", "Sry", etc.
I ALSO hate people who constantly apologize. Stop saying sorry and Do something about it

I'll post more later.

jkid101094

Quote from: Tana Riko~ on August 23, 2011, 05:27:01 AM
No offence to you Americans, but words like "Color", "Gray", "mustache", heck even "Airplane" tick me. Well what is the point behind changing those words?

The misuse of words such as "too", "to" and "Two". "Their", "There" and "They're". And "Your" and "you're". How can you confuse them so easily? Sure, I've done it, but as a goddamn spelling mistake. I have to constantly remind my own 22 year old sister to spell "too", "too". Nuff said.

The spelling of the word "okay". People write "k", "ok", "OK", "kay", "okay", you get it. "Okay" is the way I think it should be said. "k" is lazy. So is "ok". Ok?, like doc? Nope. At least the capitalized version makes sense.

Moving away from language, I hate when people diss something they know nothing about. For example putting down a game they've never played.

I'm gonna copy Tobi here and say I hate when people use "U", "R", "Y?", etc. Even worse, when people shorten things out of pure lazyness like "l8", "2mrw", "Sry", etc.
I ALSO hate people who constantly apologize. Stop saying sorry and Do something about it

I'll post more later.

You must really hate me, then.

Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

Tanassy

shadowDOESrock

Quote from: Tana Riko~ on August 23, 2011, 05:27:01 AM

I'll post more later.

ok.
sorry.

-shot-

TheGameNinja

When people use the wrong names for things.

Specifically, when people call the Xbox 360 the "Xbox."

THE XBOX WAS A TOTALLY DIFFERENT MACHINE!!

I was pretty sure the shorthand for the Xbox 360 was... 360. When people say "I'm playing Mass Effect on the 360." I know what they are talking about. When people say "I'm playing Call of Duty on Xbox." or (and this is the worst) just "I'm playing Xbox." I feel like I want to strangle them. The Xbox existed. Calling the 360 the "Xbox" is like saying that old cinder block of a game system never happened. IT DID DAMMIT! THE 360 IS NOT THE XBOX! CALL IT THE 360, NOT THE XBOX!!

And never EVER say you're playing "Xbox" or "Wii" or anything like that. You cannot play a game system by itself, which is what that phrase implies. Playing Wii would mean you enjoy pointing at the Wii menu for fun. You play games on a game system. You don't play the system itself.

And its the Wii, not the Nintendo Wii. Nintendo made it clear when they announced the name that "Nintendo" would not actually be in the name of the console. That would be like saying you are playing a game on the Sony PlayStation, or the Microsoft Xbox 360.

And don't say you're playing "Call of Duty" or "Halo" unless you're playing the first game. How am I supposed to know which one you mean? Sometimes you can make an educated guess, like when a new version of the game in question comes out, but take this for example. Anime conventions have game rooms. They often have tournaments for the games they have there. Smash Bros. is a popular fighting game, so tournaments for it are common. But half the time, the schedule just lists it as "Smash Bros. Tournament." You have no clue what game it will be until you go down to sign up for it, which at a big con can waste a lot of time and mean you could end up at the end of some long lines if you don't want to play. This is especially bad for that game series because all three of them are very different. I consider myself to be pretty good at Melee, but not so much at Brawl (I still want my Dr. Mario dammit).

Quote from: Tana Riko~ on August 23, 2011, 05:35:32 AM
No, I love and tolerate you. -shot-

+1 :P

Tanassy

Quote from: TheGameNinja on August 23, 2011, 05:59:38 AM
When people use the wrong names for things.

Specifically, when people call the Xbox 360 the "Xbox."

THE XBOX WAS A TOTALLY DIFFERENT MACHINE!!

I was pretty sure the shorthand for the Xbox 360 was... 360. When people say "I'm playing Mass Effect on the 360." I know what they are talking about. When people say "I'm playing Call of Duty on Xbox." or (and this is the worst) just "I'm playing Xbox." I feel like I want to strangle them. The Xbox existed. Calling the 360 the "Xbox" is like saying that old cinder block of a game system never happened. IT DID DAMMIT! THE 360 IS NOT THE XBOX! CALL IT THE 360, NOT THE XBOX!!

And never EVER say you're playing "Xbox" or "Wii" or anything like that. You cannot play a game system by itself, which is what that phrase implies. Playing Wii would mean you enjoy pointing at the Wii menu for fun. You play games on a game system. You don't play the system itself.

And its the Wii, not the Nintendo Wii. Nintendo made it clear when they announced the name that "Nintendo" would not actually be in the name of the console. That would be like saying you are playing a game on the Sony PlayStation, or the Microsoft Xbox 360.

And don't say you're playing "Call of Duty" or "Halo" unless you're playing the first game. How am I supposed to know which one you mean? Sometimes you can make an educated guess, like when a new version of the game in question comes out, but take this for example. Anime conventions have game rooms. They often have tournaments for the games they have there. Smash Bros. is a popular fighting game, so tournaments for it are common. But half the time, the schedule just lists it as "Smash Bros. Tournament." You have no clue what game it will be until you go down to sign up for it, which at a big con can waste a lot of time and mean you could end up at the end of some long lines if you don't want to play. This is especially bad for that game series because all three of them are very different. I consider myself to be pretty good at Melee, but not so much at Brawl (I still want my Dr. Mario dammit).
Give this man a medal.
Quote from: TheGameNinja on August 23, 2011, 05:59:38 AM
+1 :P
Saw it coming. Thankies xD

Tanassy

When I was a kid I used to say "I'm playing the Nintendo". But I guess that's because I was playing the Nintendo 64. So it's not as bad.

Elija2

My dad used to call our old Xbox a Nintendo because prior to this we had a Super Nintendo and I guess he just assumed they were all the same.

jkid101094

Quote from: Tana Riko~ on August 23, 2011, 06:13:17 AM
When I was a kid I used to say "I'm playing the Nintendo". But I guess that's because I was playing the Nintendo 64. So it's not as bad.
This. Even when I played the Playstation, everything was Nintendo. That's why I'm a fanboy. :P

Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

TheGameNinja

I understand calling the NES the Nintendo, when it was the only one anyway. Maybe the Super Nintendo, I dunno. But I never called the Nintendo 64 a "Nintendo." I always called the the 64 or the N64.

Hakudamashi

From the briefings u guys gave, im the scum of SZ
Wut joy...

and all these things.
OR ELSE!
Compliments to our Goddess for this piece of superspecialawesome!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

FlashTheHedgehog123

Stupid people. They make me want to kill someone.

Also, people that dont use punctuation makes me want to kill someone, too.
Hello!

jkid101094

Oh look, I'm bored. So let me think for a sec...

1. People who lie or constantly change opinions when it means they'll win and deny they ever had the former opinion in the first place:
Now this one is obvious, I bitch at people all the time about it. I live with a bunch of people I can't trust because I know they'll lie to me to get what they want. It just pisses me off when people try to honestly lie to you. I do it joking, of course, but I always reveal I was joking at some point.

Also, people who constantly change opinions. If you say you're something like...I dunno...let's use one of my favorite words..."Transgender", but a few weeks ago you said you weren't, then try to deny that you ever said you weren't, it just pisses me off.

2. People that shove their work in your face or brag about something like it's the best thing ever:
I understand you're proud of your work or that game with the amazing story and all, but if I don't give a shit, I don't give a shit. You shoving it in my face will only make me despise it more. I mean, really. If you think because you expose me to it more I'll eventually get curious and try it you don't know damn diddly squat about the human race. This is the reason why I hate ponies, not the show in general.

3. Draco People who put down their work even though they have good talent:
Really, if I say I love your work I really mean it. Chances are I can't do what you can for shit and I'd love to take that talent off your hands.

4. People that make claims without any sort of evidence:
Oh God, this one. I'll do it jokingly or for the purpose of trolling but when someone honestly tries to pull this one off it's just irritating. Observe.

Quote from: This quote is purely fictional and created to help show my point. Please do not rip apart GameSpot for this article.Anon: "GameSpot said that SEGA confirmed Hyper Sonic for Sonic Generations."

jkid: "And you know this how?"

Anon: "Because Gamespot said it."

jkid: "Link?"

Anon: "I lost the link."

jkid: "Then your claim is BS."

Anon: No it isn't. Go use Google.

Maybe that example doesn't make you want to snap anon's neck, but you see what I'm getting at. If you're going to make a claim use support that isn't from memory! I can't see you thoughts, buddy and why should I go dig up support for your claim? A statement without evidence is pure bull. End of story.

Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

Tanassy

Quote from: jkid101094 on August 28, 2011, 09:29:09 AM
Transgender since 7 my ass. Want my to get the chat logs? >:l
Please don't use that example. You know full well that's a load of bull.

jkid101094

Quote from: Tana Rei Riko on August 28, 2011, 09:32:32 AM
Please don't use that example. You know full well that's a load of bull.
I still stick by my opinion, but I'll change it anyway.

Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

Elija2

jkid101094

Quote from: Elija2 on August 28, 2011, 09:41:49 AM
I think you might not understand what a pet peeve is.
Maybe I don't. Elaborate?

Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

Elija2

Quote from: jkid101094 on August 28, 2011, 09:44:52 AM
Maybe I don't. Elaborate?

A pet peeve is a small annoyance that other people may not care about but that you in particular are irritated of.

Some of the things you listed couldn't really be considered pet peeves because they aren't minor annoyances or they are things that the majority of people would find annoying.

Tanassy

Quote from: Elija2 on August 28, 2011, 09:50:43 AM
A pet peeve is a small annoyance that other people may not care about but that you in particular are irritated of.

Some of the things you listed couldn't really be considered pet peeves because they aren't minor annoyances or they are things that the majority of people would find annoying.
This.

jkid101094

Quote from: Elija2 on August 28, 2011, 09:50:43 AM

Oh, I see. Then I apologize, but I don't think people mind if I keep my post here. I could always create another topic, though.

Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

SmashFinale

i HATE it when people call my DS a Game Boy.
The game boy is OLDER than my schoolmates. why are they still fucking saying that?

When little kids spoil the ending to a game or movie. I just want to beat the kid so they will finally learn to shut their damn mouths.

Guys that only play FPS Games. Sure it's cool and all, but it really means that you are so damn emo that the only way to express you're own goddamn angst is to repeatedly kill someone with a fucking Glock 18. Congradu-fucking-lations. I seriously bet you want to do this shit IRL, but you are at least smart enough to kill someone virtually. Enjoy that little kid raging at you.

Band-wagoners. Absolutely pathetic going for the winning side for THAT YEAR. This mostly relates to sports. Don't say the team is all that then turn your back on it the next fucking year they don't do so well. You're a pussy punk bitch if you ALWAYS need to win like that. This can relate to fads also. As soon as MLP is no longer a fad, everyone is gonna turn their backs on it.

I'll post more later...

Tanassy

Quote from: SmashFinale on August 28, 2011, 12:11:33 PM
i HATE it when people call my DS a Game Boy.
The game boy is OLDER than my schoolmates. why are they still fucking saying that?

When little kids spoil the ending to a game or movie. I just want to beat the kid so they will finally learn to shut their damn mouths.

Guys that only play FPS Games. Sure it's cool and all, but it really means that you are so damn emo that the only way to express you're own goddamn angst is to repeatedly kill someone with a fucking Glock 18. Congradu-fucking-lations. I seriously bet you want to do this shit IRL, but you are at least smart enough to kill someone virtually. Enjoy that little kid raging at you.

Band-wagoners. Absolutely pathetic going for the winning side for THAT YEAR. This mostly relates to sports. Don't say the team is all that then turn your back on it the next fucking year they don't do so well. You're a pussy punk bitch if you ALWAYS need to win like that. This can relate to fads also. As soon as MLP is no longer a fad, everyone is gonna turn their backs on it.

I'll post more later...
I'm glad you said "Only" FPS games. Because I enjoy FPS's too. =P

And ugh, kids and their spoilers T~T

TheGameNinja

Vader is Luke's father.
Bruce Willis is dead the whole time in The Sixth Sense.
Snape kills Dumbledore.
Samus is a girl.
Maggie shot Mr. Burns.
Planet of the Apes is Earth in the future.
Aeris dies.

Captain America will return in The Avengers.

Elija2

jkid101094

Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

Tanassy

SmashFinale

Quote from: TheGameNinja on August 28, 2011, 01:16:04 PM
Vader is Luke's father.
Bruce Willis is dead the whole time in The Sixth Sense.
Snape kills Dumbledore.
Samus is a girl.
Maggie shot Mr. Burns.
Planet of the Apes is Earth in the future.
Aeris dies.

Captain America will return in The Avengers.
...that's not funny TGN. i have actually never seen The Sixth Sense, so that kinda ruins it for me

jkid101094

Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

xSalashawty

LolEli.

Most of the things that annoy the piss out of me are already listed, and not really much as a "pet-peeve"
*coughGRAMMARcough*

Let us begin, shall we?

We said grammar. Okay. We know why.

FPS: what Smash said. Alot of people I know love FPS. I know. I like violence too, but please: don't let your videogame world revolve around it. Try something like Sonic, don't just instantly diss him because it's not a FPS. Play Sonic Colo/u/rs and then we'll talk.

People who think they're cool because they're assholes OR just cause: RWJ's 'Mr. Douchebag' fits this. I live through this ALOT. Ask me about it, I'll tell you several stories. But people who think they're cool and aggressive don't know they hurt the person inside. Then when the hurt person hurts them, they get all pissed and try sucking up like 'dude stfu my dad lives an hour away'.
bullpoop son. You hurt the person more than you think. Get a life. You're no different.

Stereotypes: I shouldn't talk about this.

Cencorship: Arrgh. We'll all learn the words 'fuck' and etc. We'll also see boobs and penises. It's the only way to continue human life. Hell, you even see your boobs/penis everyday. (unless you don't use the bathroom or change, what the hell is wrong with you?) It's pointless to try covering up everything when you'll know in the end. Grow up childhood services. Yes, you heard that from a maleovent eleven year old girl.

People who make fun of you, even though they can't do better: Seriously? Laugh at me getting a rare D+, while I watch you get your constant F. Who's laughing now?

People who tell you what to do: Okay. Exceptions are if you're doing something important or if it's a tiny favor that will benefit someone's life. But if it's telling you who to be, then stay away from me. I be what I want. You can't do shit about me being goth/emo.

I hope I covered my list.

Are you lookin' at me fruitcake? I don't need a date.
Click me.

TheGameNinja

You aren't missing anything. Its a boring movie.

Skyle369

Quote from: xKáyáh'sCátpirèty on August 28, 2011, 01:41:44 PM

People who think they're cool because they're assholes

People who make fun of you, even though they can't do better: Seriously? Laugh at me getting a rare D+, while I watch you get your constant F. Who's laughing now?

I can relate to all of these... o_o
Well no point in posting mine after all.

xSalashawty

Quote from: xKáyáh'sCátpirèty on August 28, 2011, 01:41:44 PM:)
I have a feeling that I did overreact. xD
Quote from: Skyle369 on August 28, 2011, 01:50:00 PM
I can relate to all of these... o_o
Well no point in posting mine after all.
We have so much in common. :3

Are you lookin' at me fruitcake? I don't need a date.
Click me.

Tanassy

Quote from: xKáyáh'sCátpirèty on August 28, 2011, 01:41:44 PM
LolEli.

Most of the things that annoy the piss out of me are already listed, and not really much as a "pet-peeve"
*coughGRAMMARcough*

Let us begin, shall we?

FPS: what Smash said. Alot of people I know love FPS. I know. I like violence too, but please: don't let your videogame world revolve around it. Try something like Sonic, don't just instantly diss him because it's not a FPS. Play Sonic Colo/u/rs and then we'll talk.

People who think they're cool because they're assholes OR just cause: RWJ's 'Mr. Douchebag' fits this. I live through this ALOT. Ask me about it, I'll tell you several stories. But people who think they're cool and aggressive don't know they hurt the person inside. Then when the hurt person hurts them, they get all pissed and try sucking up like 'dude stfu my dad lives an hour away'.
bullpoop son. You hurt the person more than you think. Get a life. You're no different.

Cencorship: Arrgh. We'll all learn the words 'fuck' and etc. We'll also see boobs and penises. It's the only way to continue human life. Hell, you even see your boobs/penis everyday. (unless you don't use the bathroom or change, what the hell is wrong with you?) It's pointless to try covering up everything when you'll know in the end. Grow up childhood services. Yes, you heard that from a maleovent eleven year old girl.

People who tell you what to do: Okay. Exceptions are if you're doing something important or if it's a tiny favor that will benefit someone's life. But if it's telling you who to be, then stay away from me. I be what I want. You can't do shit about me being goth/emo.

I hope I covered my list.
ARRRGGHHH STEREOTYPES! I'm subject to so many >.>

Hakudamashi

Y'know what pisses my off?
Water splashing against my ass crack when I take a sh*t
OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

jkid101094

Quote from: windlessusher on August 30, 2011, 07:47:31 PM
Y'know what pisses my off?
Water splashing against my ass crack when I take a sh*t
No one wanted to know that.

Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

Tanassy

jkid101094

...Moving on...

When fighting games don't have a start menu moves list. It gets annoying looking the commands up online.

Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

Hakudamashi

Quote from: jkid101094 on August 30, 2011, 07:57:10 PM
...Moving on...

When fighting games don't have a start menu moves list. It gets annoying looking the commands up online.
They still do that?
OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

Tanassy

Isn't the whole point to find out combos yourself?

jkid101094

Quote from: windlessusher on August 30, 2011, 08:02:18 PM
They still do that?
No, but I mean things like SNES titles. I still play those old school hentai fighters.

Quote from: Tana Rei Riko on August 30, 2011, 08:06:28 PM
Isn't the whole point to find out combos yourself?
...I can tell you've never played a fighting game.

Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

Tanassy

Quote from: jkid101094 on August 30, 2011, 08:10:21 PM
...I can tell you've never played a fighting game.
Not many. Just the old one that are actually good. And not so noisy..

jkid101094

Quote from: Tana Rei Riko on August 30, 2011, 08:16:37 PM
Not many. Just the old one that are actually good. And not so noisy..
Don't you dis new age fighters. >:C
Anyway, let's stop the Off-Topic.

Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

Hakudamashi

Speaking of fighters, y'know what else pisses me off? When the other guy gets the first hit.
It's like a major kick in the nuts to my self esteem.
OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

SmashFinale

Quote from: windlessusher on August 31, 2011, 09:43:09 AM
Speaking of fighters, y'know what else pisses me off? When the other guy gets the first hit.
It's like a major kick in the nuts to my self esteem.
Something tells me u would absolutely despise Castle Crashers then

dreamcasthime

people singing over-used songs is one of my biggest.......

Hakudamashi

People still complaining about "clones" in SSBB
They may just be trolls at this point, but it's still annoying to see...
OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

Ye Olde Swagfag

One thing that gets on my nerves; people who berate you for having not listened to bands like The Beatles, Rush, Queen, or for liking any music that is modern/not from the 60s-90s/anything other than classic rock. Like, we all have our own personal tastes, so you should be able to respect and appreciate them without shoving yours down their throats or insulting them.

Hakudamashi

OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay