Sega? More like SeGAG!

Started by shadowDOESrock, December 11, 2012, 06:56:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

shadowDOESrock

Level-5, perhaps best known in the western world as the publisher of the Professor Layton games, has a popular soccer series in Japan called Inazuma Eleven, and Sega doesn't like it. Sega is suing Level-5, alleging patent infringement on a mechanic in Nintendo DS versions of Inazuma Eleven that allows players to move characters with their fingers or a stylus, Kotaku reports.

Sega's endgame is to halt the sale of all eight Inazuma Eleven games and to get ¥900 million ($11 million) in damages from Level-5. The case heard opening statements on December 7, and Level-5 plans to fight the charges.

"We are preparing our rebuttal and do not have any comments to make at this time," Level-5 says.

...Wha?

SmashFinale

What? The only Sega game i played that involves moving characters with a stylus is Sonic Chronicles. Why the hell get pissy over a little thing like that?

jkid101094

Might be because their lawyers are stupid?

Quote from: DracoDraco:  Saber was my bitch LONG before you heard about her.  I introduced you to FSN, loser.  D<
Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

Says you. She likes me more. D<
And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

TheSonicGamer201X

Man this Game Looks awesome (a Bit)

jkid101094

Quote from: TheSonicGamer201X on December 12, 2012, 06:51:37 AM
Man this Game Looks awesome (a Bit)
This post makes me wonder if you even read the OP.

Also you must be really easily impressed if you think a game is awesome just by one photo. =P

Quote from: DracoDraco:  Saber was my bitch LONG before you heard about her.  I introduced you to FSN, loser.  D<
Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

TheSonicGamer201X

Quote from: jkid101094 on December 12, 2012, 07:57:51 AM
This post makes me wonder if you even read the OP.

Also you must be really easily impressed if you think a game is awesome just by one photo. =P

You're trying to say that this game is so bored???

Gilly

Quote from: TheSonicGamer201X on December 12, 2012, 08:42:20 AM
You're trying to say that this game is so bored???

That's exactly what he's saying. The game is so damn bored. You need to entertain it before the game dies from boredom. The last thing you would ever want to have is a game that is bored and unsatisfied!!

Hakudamashi

Next thing you know, someone's gonna patent the movement of characters using the analog stick...
OR ELSE!
Compliments to our Goddess for this piece of superspecialawesome!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

jkid101094

Quote from: windlessusher on December 12, 2012, 06:11:27 PM
Next thing you know, someone's gonna patent the movement of characters using the analog stick...
If this case is considered legitimate Nintendo has the right to sue pretty much every other dev and publisher in the industry.

Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

Hakudamashi

Quote from: jkid101094 on December 12, 2012, 06:15:56 PM
If this case is considered legitimate Nintendo has the right to sue pretty much every other dev and publisher in the industry.
Apple got away with it's patent dispute, so I don't have high hopes...
OR ELSE!
Compliments to our Goddess for this piece of superspecialawesome!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay