Esrb has gone of the deep end!

Started by Kirby, September 26, 2009, 07:51:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kirby

Don't you see how they're rating games. They rated StarFox adventures T Because it hade animated blood, yet not even a single drop of blood was found. Same goes for Ratchet and Clank.

Hakudamashi

Dude,Smash Bros. is T,thats proof enough
OR ELSE!
Compliments to our Goddess for this piece of superspecialawesome!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

Mikey

SOnic Unleashed was rated T for animated blood too. The closet thing i saw to blood was the fucking flashes that went off when you hit the Dark Gaia Monsters. I played the game through 3 FUCKING TIME to confirm it.

Hakudamashi

its either they're blind or they want games out of the reach of the children with overprotective parents
OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

Gleech

Quote from: Windlessusher on September 26, 2009, 09:09:21 AM
its either they're blind or they want games out of the reach of the children with overprotective parents
They don't want kids becoming violent.

Though, have you noticed NO GAME HAS "Mild Language" on it anymore?

It use to be a game was rated T for mild language, now it's rated E10+

If they want to be over protective, why would they allow this?

Quote from: SonicFan47 on December 16, 2008, 08:00:41 PM
I don't care in the Ryan/Jason debate. I can't tell the difference
but I favor JALEEL WHITE!

Mikey

Take Shadow the Hedgehog for example,
Rated E10+ Every other word is DAMN or DAMNIT.
WTF?

Coliwack

the only thing i can say about that is that the ESRB is offically weird.  i mean if all the above is true, then they arent very intelligent people arent they. 
......blah..... thats me in a nutshell!

nazo unleashed

we should all blame the creators of mortal kombat because thats what got this whole ESRB thing started!

Hakudamashi

Quote from: nazo unleashed on September 26, 2009, 11:04:10 AM
we should all blame the creators of mortal kombat because thats what got this whole ESRB thing started!
seriously?
OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

Super Sonic Boom

Quote from: Supasonik11 on September 26, 2009, 07:51:41 AM
Don't you see how they're rating games. They rated StarFox adventures T Because it hade animated blood, yet not even a single drop of blood was found. Same goes for Ratchet and Clank.

Sonic Unleashed has the same thing but the rating is only E-10. I don't see any blood, and if they're counting that "Gaia Dust Cloud thing" as blood...they are dead wrong.

Nightshade the hedgehog

i know 2 games that have blood and gore

but games these days and the past honsetly I WANT TO SEE BLOOD
once made by killer ,redone by supersonic196 ,thanx guys :)
yes i am,thanx firestar :)
thanks mikey thanks ecco
fan of ashura ,made by teh shadicz ,thanks for it :)

ChaosDazer

witty sig caption

Nightshade the hedgehog

i like blood and killing things so

YEP
thanks mikey thanks ecco

Jordan teh Echidna

Pesterchum = sirJayden

Kirby

Ok. I i were in charge of esrb, i would rated games on title, not graphics. But then again, I guess that would mean games like halo would be rated eC

Lol wimpykid

annoyinglad

Quote from: Leviathan on September 26, 2009, 09:06:04 AM
SOnic Unleashed was rated T for animated blood too. The closet thing i saw to blood was the fucking flashes that went off when you hit the Dark Gaia Monsters. I played the game through 3 FUCKING TIME to confirm it.

/late response

It's in the cutscene where Sonic kills Dark Gaia. Remember when he launches through his huge eye and all that green blood comes out? Yeah, blood doesn't have to be red kid...

Mikey

Quote from: annoyinglad on September 27, 2009, 05:46:27 AM
/late response

It's in the cutscene where Sonic kills Dark Gaia. Remember when he launches through his huge eye and all that green blood comes out? Yeah, blood doesn't have to be red kid...
Eye juice isn't blood. >:c

Nightshade the hedgehog

thanks mikey thanks ecco

Chaosemeraldfreak

They sorta have.... YAY!!!! 10th post!!!!

Dracoslythe

Quote from: Leviathan on September 26, 2009, 09:15:19 AM
Take Shadow the Hedgehog for example,
WTF?
It's rated T for teen now, I think.  I used to have the misprinted E10+ version, and when the commercials said T, I was like "uh...wtf."

lol to be honest, I think ESRB is just carefully going every little detail of the game,  They tend to look for things that most people wouldn't notice, just in case you have that smartass who watches closely, just to then call/email/whatev and bitch about how this is in there and that is in there, and how the rating should be rated mature.  >_>

Hakudamashi

Quote from: Dracoslythe on September 27, 2009, 01:25:56 PM
It's rated T for teen now, I think.  I used to have the misprinted E10+ version, and when the commercials said T, I was like "uh...wtf."

lol to be honest, I think ESRB is just carefully going every little detail of the game,  They tend to look for things that most people wouldn't notice, just in case you have that smartass who watches closely, just to then call/email/whatev and bitch about how this is in there and that is in there, and how the rating should be rated mature.  >_>
sooooo,they're just dodging a bullet?
OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

Dracoslythe

SuperSonic23

Quote from: Super Sonic Boom on September 26, 2009, 03:52:29 PM
Sonic Unleashed has the same thing but the rating is only E-10. I don't see any blood, and if they're counting that "Gaia Dust Cloud thing" as blood...they are dead wrong.
You mean the Gaia Force?
I WUV TEH RED CHAOS EMERALD CUZ RED IS MAH FAV!!

Ioshyriku

Quote from: Supasonik11 on September 26, 2009, 07:51:41 AM
But I thugh Ratchet and Clank was rated 3+ exactly like Sonic heroes was rated, , This means like everyone, how does America to have such a high rating for games for everyone

Dracoslythe

like I said, it's just to cover their asses so they don't get sued over the stupidest little thing.
I've seen people read the ratings, then play the games just to nitpick things that the ratings didn't cover.

Zonic10

Quote from: Windlessusher on September 26, 2009, 07:55:19 AM
Dude,Smash Bros. is T,thats proof enough

Well SSBM in 2001 was possibly equivalent to E10+, but since it was 2001, and not 2005....yeah E10+ didn't exist. Now with SSBB, the SSE mode has mild suggestive themes and some darker elements. So SSBB rated T is ok. SSBM, um not it's fault. The first one was rated E but hmm...maybe b/c it was cartoony and arcade styled. But ESRB is kind of inaccurate. Like with Timesplitters 3, it wasn't that gory, it had blood just like in Halo 2 at the time. I was mad... :-[

Gleech

Quote from: Zonic10 on October 07, 2009, 05:25:42 PM
Well SSBM in 2001 was possibly equivalent to E10+, but since it was 2001, and not 2005....yeah E10+ didn't exist. Now with SSBB, the SSE mode has mild suggestive themes and some darker elements. So SSBB rated T is ok. SSBM, um not it's fault. The first one was rated E but hmm...maybe b/c it was cartoony and arcade styled. But ESRB is kind of inaccurate. Like with Timesplitters 3, it wasn't that gory, it had blood just like in Halo 2 at the time. I was mad... :-[
WHEN DID SSBB HAVE SUGGESTIVE THEMES!? >_> *Has played through the whole game, so I've seen it all*

Oblivion was rated T, until people, NOT OFFICIALS, started making naked bodies to download and put into the game. They rated it M and added "Sexual Content" or something, to it. ITS YOUR CHOICE IF YOU WANNA GET THAT MOD OR NOT, AND BESIDES, ITS ONLY FOR THE PC THAT YOU CAN MOD IT, WHY CHANGE THE 360's RATING?! >_<;

Jordan teh Echidna

suggestive themes? wut that mean? i done all the game too so i thought i should know :|

lololol i won't get that mod then xD
Pesterchum = sirJayden

Gleech

Quote from: Mikey the Echidna on October 08, 2009, 04:30:24 AM
suggestive themes? wut that mean? i done all the game too so i thought i should know :|

lololol i won't get that mod then xD
Exactly! They don't seem to understand that YOU HAVE A CHOICE NOT TO. The official creators ARENT FORCING IT ON YOU. They didn't even MAKE it.

Hakudamashi

Quote from: Dracoslythe on October 07, 2009, 05:04:32 PM
like I said, it's just to cover their asses so they don't get sued over the stupidest little thing.
I've seen people read the ratings, then play the games just to nitpick things that the ratings didn't cover.
tell them to get a life
OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

Rulep

I dont know, ERSB are doing pretty good...  :(

Quote from: Zonic10 on October 07, 2009, 05:25:42 PM

Because in thwe first there was no girls  and cartoony. Now in SSBB  i guess it has gun fires besides the nes/snes accsories and lot darker....
Rulep: do you ever fall in love with yourself
Captain Nook: for me, there could never be anyone else.
Captain Nook: I've spent hours looking in the mirror.

silverneo188

Quote from: Windlessusher on September 26, 2009, 03:36:48 PM
seriously?

ya, read up on ESRB's wikipedia

Quote from: Gleech on October 08, 2009, 04:27:44 AM
WHEN DID SSBB HAVE SUGGESTIVE THEMES!? >_> *Has played through the whole game, so I've seen it all*

Oblivion was rated T, until people, NOT OFFICIALS, started making naked bodies to download and put into the game. They rated it M and added "Sexual Content" or something, to it. ITS YOUR CHOICE IF YOU WANNA GET THAT MOD OR NOT, AND BESIDES, ITS ONLY FOR THE PC THAT YOU CAN MOD IT, WHY CHANGE THE 360's RATING?! >_<;

ya that got me too >.<

Chaos Swissroll

Quote from: Gleech on October 08, 2009, 04:27:44 AM

That's like San Andreas, it was rated M,
But there was something called "Hot Coffee Mod" which allows players to make sex with the girlfriend and made San Andreas AO...

Hakudamashi

Quote from: Chaos Swissroll on October 27, 2009, 01:53:45 AM
That's like San Andreas, it was rated M,
But there was something called "Hot Coffee Mod" which allows players to make sex with the girlfriend and made San Andreas AO...
Adults Only?
18 yr olds can't know about sex?
OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

ShadowsOfSilver

Quote from: Dracoslythe on September 27, 2009, 01:25:56 PM

Aaactually, It's still E10.

From ESRB.org

Title                               Publisher       Rating               Content            
Shadow the Hedgehog      SEGA      Everyone 10+      Fantasy Violence, Mild Language    

The Meph's back in da hawz

Chaos Swissroll

Quote from: Windlessusher on October 27, 2009, 09:38:08 AM
Adults Only?
18 yr olds can't know about sex?
Mature is 17 years old, which is barely 1 year distance.

gsavagecool

Chaos Swissroll

chuchu182

They made it more realistic and added green, yes green, blood. Hardly any too. Automatically it is made T. If anyone has an loz question, ask me.
This my face! Don't go around stealin' it man! ROCK ON! \m/ (>_<)\m/

Chaos Swissroll

Quote from: chuchu182 on October 29, 2009, 03:56:39 PM
They made it more realistic and added green, yes green, blood. Hardly any too. Automatically it is made T. If anyone has an loz question, ask me.
Maybe Link has many fangirls and they're scared of those fluids.

chuchu182

... Ewwww. I see what you mean though.

chuchu182

dont bump. although im not sure if that counted...

Chaos Swissroll

Quote from: chuchu182 on November 21, 2009, 08:10:35 AM
dont bump. although im not sure if that counted...
Yes, that is bumping, it's been a month since people ever posted on this so this counts.

Hakudamashi

Quote from: chuchu182 on October 29, 2009, 03:56:39 PM
Nintendo games with over E ratings
I never thought I'd see the day
OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

chuchu182

We just said not to bump. I guess it has been brought back actually...

UberTails

QuoteTake Shadow the Hedgehog for example,
WTF?

Well, Shadow the Hedgehog was gonna be rated T for bad language, gore and violence, and so on. So, SEGA removed Sonic's minor swearing on occasion and made the G.U.N soldiers not have any blodd, and changed the black aliens blood to green.

So, yeah ESRB is fucking stupid.
I am probably the most insane Sonic fan ever.

chuchu182

still, every time you die, he says "damn. not here." WHERE DOES HE WANT TO DIE?

kingofflamess

i once played an M game that should have been T and a game that was T that should have been M

Chaos Swissroll

Quote from: kingofflamess on December 20, 2009, 03:49:59 PM
i once played an M game that should have been T and a game that was T that should have been M

Stop bumping topics

Hakudamashi

Quote from: chuchu182 on November 24, 2009, 03:13:30 PM
certainly not there[/bad joke]
OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

Chaos Swissroll

Quote from: chuchu182 on November 24, 2009, 03:13:30 PM
Uhm, maybe she wants to die by Princess Zelda, while having secks?

Hakudamashi

Quote from: Chaos Swissroll on December 21, 2009, 04:05:42 AM
Uhm, maybe she wants to die by Princess Zelda, while having secks?
and Zelda got into this how?
OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

Chaos Swissroll

Hakudamashi

OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

Hakudamashi

f*ck it,nevermind
we're talking about ESRB
and I say they're doing their job
OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

Chaos Swissroll

Quote from: Windlessusher on December 21, 2009, 04:29:19 AM
f*ck it,nevermind
we're talking about ESRB
and I say they're doing their job
wouldn't have mattered if the people who cared downloaded from the internet.

koolkat042000

oh wow that sucks. i wish that they would stop picking on the good games.