How is the weather in your country?

Started by Chaos Swissroll, November 16, 2009, 12:07:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chaos Swissroll

Quote from: sonicmaddave on November 20, 2009, 04:01:13 AM
I love storms I found it brilliant apart from the router issue ;D I am not exactly sure if theres lightning conductors nearby or not. This house definitely has none however.
My uncle always told me not to use his computer when there is a storm, I dunno why but he says it destroys the computer since there are no lightning conductors around O_O

sonicmaddave

Quote from: Chaos Swissroll on November 20, 2009, 04:04:59 AM
My uncle always told me not to use his computer when there is a storm, I dunno why but he says it destroys the computer since there are no lightning conductors around O_O
I think he got the wrong end of the stick there or something XD Lightning conductors dont attract lightning and it doesn't protect computers or anything, it protects the entire building from catching fire if it gets struck.

I was with a friend when a storm struck his house and the lightning jumped from a light switch across to another wall which had a water pipe man that was scary. Lightning in a house. D:

Chaos Swissroll

Quote from: sonicmaddave on November 20, 2009, 04:06:58 AM
I think he got the wrong end of the stick there or something XD Lightning conductors dont attract lightning and it doesn't protect computers or anything, it protects the entire building from catching fire if it gets struck.

I was with a friend when a storm struck his house and the lightning jumped from a light switch across to another wall which had a water pipe man that was scary. Lightning in a house. D:
Let's be glad he didn't got struck :O
But no water....that must sucked.

sonicmaddave

Quote from: Chaos Swissroll on November 20, 2009, 04:08:49 AM
Let's be glad he didn't got struck :O
But no water....that must sucked.

I was with him it was one amazing sight to see lightning jump across his bedroom :O weirdly, none of the electrical stuff in the room like the computer or his games consoles were damaged and still worked fine

Chaos Swissroll

Quote from: sonicmaddave on November 20, 2009, 04:18:09 AM
I was with him it was one amazing sight to see lightning jump across his bedroom :O weirdly, none of the electrical stuff in the room like the computer or his games consoles were damaged and still worked fine
Sometimes it's great to have God on your side :P

maikoka1

Quote from: Chaos Swissroll on November 20, 2009, 12:01:14 AM
That dude's gonna pay for it.
Bad to hear.
no... no he's not... he did that about a month ago and our teacher didn't say anything... it's quite handy tho... if some naughty students are out in the corridor during lessons, teacher can see their legs and catch them xDD

Chaos Swissroll

Quote from: maikoka1 on November 20, 2009, 07:24:44 AM
no... no he's not... he did that about a month ago and our teacher didn't say anything... it's quite handy tho... if some naughty students are out in the corridor during lessons, teacher can see their legs and catch them xDD
He must be taekwondo black belt to break that door.
Oh well, if you're naughty, that's gonna be an exception :x

maikoka1

Quote from: Chaos Swissroll on November 20, 2009, 07:28:48 AM
He must be taekwondo black belt to break that door.
Oh well, if you're naughty, that's gonna be an exception :x
xDD lol.
yeah

-Shadow-

my friend is a red senior belt and he likes to hunt for deer.  :D

Chaos Swissroll

Quote from: -Shadow- on November 20, 2009, 08:26:36 AM
my friend is a red senior belt and he likes to hunt for deer.  :D
Nice, but he hunt the deer down with his hands?

-Shadow-

he says he can, but he prefers to use a 30-30 winchester lever action and a .45 caliber handgun and a 10in. bowie knife and sometimes a machte if atacked by ravage cyotes.  ;D

Chaos Swissroll

Quote from: -Shadow- on November 20, 2009, 08:47:53 AM
he says he can, but he prefers to use a 30-30 winchester lever action and a .45 caliber handgun and a 10in. bowie knife and sometimes a machte if atacked by ravage cyotes.  ;D

Wait, which kind of material arts and he can kill a coyote with just a blade? :O

-Shadow-

heheh, I was just joking, but still, he hunts though. And he's somewhat a redneck. lol

General Echidna

Right now it's about 50 degrees F. It's 5:17, and it's getting dark out. I'm in Ohio, so the weather's always messed up. :)
If practice makes perfect, and nobody's perfect, who practices?

-Shadow-

it's usually warm in the day and freakin' cold at night.