Smoking (No arguements)

Started by ChaosDazer, January 27, 2010, 04:26:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ChaosDazer

This topic should have no arguments. It is merely to express opinions.
------------------------------------
I don't like Smoking. My Grandma and Grandad died from it, and 2 of my brothers smoke. I don't want to see anything happen to them D:
witty sig caption

sonicmaddave

I don't like smoking either. It is horrible. I have a friend who smokes a lot and he always smokes in my car. My car turns very smokey and horrible on the inside and he uses strong cigarretes too. >.<

Hakudamashi

OR ELSE!
Compliments to our Goddess for this piece of superspecialawesome!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

Fiamonder

Ugh, smoking. Its one of the things i truly hate. Thank god that i am not smoking.

First try at making a sig, It's decent.

NiGHTS

smoking ehhh
i dont mind people i know smoking as long as they arnt blowing smoke in my face
so yea if im there, they better be on fire if they are smoking >:U
if im not they can go on ahead and smoke xD lol

Dracoslythe

I personally don't mind it...to an extent.
Everyone in my house smokes.  Yes, me included, but that's few and far between.  I smoke maybe...once, twice a year?  Either way, I only smoke one (still enough to be dangerous, though, kids, don't smoke), and only when I'm really stressed out, to the extent that I'd break the thin barrier between sanity and insanity.  No, I never got addicted, thank God.  Those are the ones that piss me off.

My mom, for example.  Always has two packs on her.  She usually ends up going through them in no time.
I can't count how many times she doesn't wanna get off her lazy ass, and makes me go get her cigs, or how many times I have to deal with smoke in my face.  That's another thing that pisses me off.  Most smokers have no consideration of those around them.  They blow smoke around, and don't care about the smell (I at least burn incense...to kill the smell.)  But I blabber.

They're okay, as long as they keep their smoke out of my face.

Jazz Nova

I don;t like smokers. 
When I catch the bus home, I can smell cigarettes on some people's breath. When, I go to my brother's place (he smokes) I can at least go in a different room while he smokes, and the smoke doesn't get to me.
Well, I went somewhere with my brother, and guess what? ALL OF THE ADULTS SMOKED!!!!
and they were using my wii to play bowling!
fortunately, I eventually went into another room with my wii and played brawl with a kid (they were using his wii)

and don't you have to be 18 to buy tabacco?
Thanks, firestar and kirbysoul, respectively

Dracoslythe

Quote from: ice the fox on January 27, 2010, 10:33:50 AM
I don;t like smokers. 
When I catch the bus home, I can smell cigarettes on some people's breath. When, I go to my brother's place (he smokes) I can at least go in a different room while he smokes, and the smoke doesn't get to me.
Well, I went somewhere with my brother, and guess what? ALL OF THE ADULTS SMOKED!!!!
and they were using my wii to play bowling!
fortunately, I eventually went into another room with my wii and played brawl with a kid (they were using his wii)

and don't you have to be 18 to buy tabacco?
Yep, you gotta be 18.  Here in North Carolina, at least.  And if you're under 18, your license/permit has a yellow and red band around it.  The yellow signifies that you are under 18, and shows your 18th birthday.  Same for the red, only with your 21st birthday.  I'd scan my permit to show, but it has personal information on it, and I'm too lazy to take it into Photoshop to blur.  xD

TheGameNinja

I don't get the appeal of smoking. Who had the bright idea of lighting something on fire, sticking it in their mouth, and inhaling the smoke?

Dracoslythe

Quote from: TheGameNinja on January 27, 2010, 11:47:07 AM
I don't get the appeal of smoking. Who had the bright idea of lighting something on fire, sticking it in their mouth, and inhaling the smoke?
...Neanderthals?
I dunno.
Who had the bright idea of striking a coarse object with a rock, igniting it?
xD  I guess it was one of those "this is useless, but pretty cool" things.

john-the-hedgie

Quote from: TheGameNinja on January 27, 2010, 11:47:07 AM

some one looking to be cool? xD
He who makes a beast of him self, gets rid of the pain of being a man-A7x

I'm getting sick of people saying fake facts about sonic.. >> and acting like a sonic guru lol :3 i probably know more stuff about the series in my toe than you know in you head >> lol :D

LunarShadow

Don't like smoking at all.

I have asthma. (I don't need puffers though.)

jman

I would really recommend that you wouldn't smoke because its not good for your lungs and yes it does kill you at an early age so if I were you I would tell my bros. to stop smoking or they will die from it.

Who doesn't love Knuckles
1. He is cool
2. He is strong
3. He is brave

Dracoslythe

No, it's not healthy, and it is addicting.
But damn if it isn't relaxing when you're really really really really really stressed out.
Still, that's no justification.

Super Sonic Boom

My parents never smoked, and neither do I. Although, my grandfather on my mother's side (who I never saw before nor knew of really) passed away from smoking related illnesses in like 2005.

Smoking, you're just literally smoking your life and money away with it!

Gamerdude

I don't smoke and I'll never will. I hate the smell of the smoke, not to mention the effects that smoking can do to you.

Quote from: Dracoslythe
                                              MSN: 
                               All the cool shit happens thur.
jkid loves you, GD. :3
HERE'S A BIG FUCKING HUG FROM KAY, GD.  CCCC:

dark rouge

does weed count and i dont smoke but i just feel like posting this

Xyno76

Quote from: Gamerdude on January 27, 2010, 03:05:57 PM
I don't smoke and I'll never will. I hate the smell of the smoke, not to mention the effects that smoking can do to you.
same...
my parents smoke, but i don;t think my grandparents ever did... (maybe they quit?)
but every time... i just feel sad... but at least they only smoke outside of our house...
still my and my bro (who is just about to register, his name here is tyno) are trying to get them to stop...
I don't want a signature yet. I gotta think of a new one first xD

sonicmaddave

I really hate it when people toss cigarrette butts out of cars and stuff here, because with how hot it is here and how dry it can get, plants, grass and trees can very easily catch fire. Even a single spark can set a whole tree on fire, creating a disaster. >:(

I never really see the appeal of smoking at all either, it is digusting, it stinks, it's bad for you and is addictive. I find that the smell lingers as well in my clothes if people blow smoke in my face. I really hate it when people blow smoke in my face it is really, really rude and disgusting.

ChaosDazer

Quote from: Dracoslythe on January 27, 2010, 02:43:26 PM
No, it's not healthy, and it is addicting.
But damn if it isn't relaxing when you're really really really really really stressed out.
Still, that's no justification.
At least you understand the consequences.
I really hate people who stand up to it. This my seem rude but it is PROVEN that it has very negative effects, and people who say thats a lie sound so idiotic.
witty sig caption

Enith

I never really got the point of smoking in tar, chemicals and etc into your body, but its other peoples choice if they do it, not mine ( I know I'll never really find a reason too, so I'm good)
No one will know the true power of The Rage Pig....

Jazz Nova

The thig I don't really understand is WHY people smoke?

sonicmaddave

NiGHTS

I suppose the rason for smoking vares from person to person

some people say its stress relieving
They want to look "cool"
Peer pressure
Media influence
For people under the legal smoking age it could be a sense of feeling "grown up" or a way of rebellion to get back at the parents :/

ChaosDazer

Quote from: NiGHTS on January 29, 2010, 05:18:31 AM
I suppose the rason for smoking vares from person to person

some people say its stress relieving
They want to look "cool"
Peer pressure
Media influence
For people under the legal smoking age it could be a sense of feeling "grown up" or a way of rebellion to get back at the parents :/
I have never seen why people think that. :/

I have a (12) year old friend that smokes. I couldn't believe when I heard it from her D:
witty sig caption

Joseppi

Smoking sucks. I quit for 3 months and just recently started back up. I'm very mad at myself for it, but it's been the only thing to get me through all this stress lately.

If you don't smoke, do me a favor and never start. It's so hard to quit. It's definitely one of the stupidest things I've ever done. And I've done a lot of dumb shit in my time.

Shadow26

Quote from: Joseppi on January 29, 2010, 07:22:07 AM
Smoking sucks. I quit for 3 months and just recently started back up. I'm very mad at myself for it, but it's been the only thing to get me through all this stress lately.

If you don't smoke, do me a favor and never start. It's so hard to quit. It's definitely one of the stupidest things I've ever done. And I've done a lot of dumb shit in my time.
I bet you can get through Joseppi!3 months is a lot!I bet you can stop!I know you can ;)

powersonic

people smokes means they are dumb  :(

Joseppi

Quote from: Shadow26 on January 29, 2010, 08:36:58 AM
I bet you can get through Joseppi!3 months is a lot!I bet you can stop!I know you can ;)

Thanks, I'm sure I will eventually. At least it's only a pack a month now rather than a pack a day.

Super Sonic Boom

Quote from: Joseppi on January 29, 2010, 01:35:25 PM
At least it's only a pack a month now rather than a pack a day.

Well that's a start. Once you start "kicking the habit", you can start quitting all-together.

sonicmaddave

You will do great Joseppi at quitting I am sure of it. ;D

smash_legend

smelling smoke gives me asthma.
I will NEVER smoke, and that's good enough for me,
what other people do with there bodies are there business, however whenever I have the chaance, I will always discourage it

I will say this to the people why are smoking: please stop, your only hurting your self
Leon says Sora is the keyblade master?
he obviously hasn't met me yet

by reading this you are wasting 10 whole seconds of your life, hope your happy

if people said that breathing was uncool, 96% of teens would die
put this in your sig if you'd be one of the 4% laughing your head off

Fiamonder

Quote from: smash_legend on January 29, 2010, 05:34:57 PM
smelling smoke gives me asthma.
I will NEVER smoke, and that's good enough for me,
what other people do with there bodies are there business, however whenever I have the chaance, I will always discourage it

I will say this to the people why are smoking: please stop, your only hurting your self

Thats EXACTLY what i am saying. Thanks.

Kirby

Smoking? Gross!

I have never smoked, and I never will! Have you read what it does to you?! It's like killing you without the pain!

The worst part about it is second-hand smoking. I have to take a visit to my inhaler any time someone smokes near me. I really hate the stuff.

To people who are smoking: Please quit. Smoking destroys you. Whether it's weed, crack, cocaine, or marijuana, they're all dangerous.

To people who have quit: I applaud you.

To people who haven't smoked: Don't start.

Mespritroth

My mum stopped smoking 4 years ago YAY MUM!

Quote from: KirbySoul11 on January 30, 2010, 10:59:07 AM
Smoking? Gross!

I have never smoked, and I never will! Have you read what it does to you?! It's like killing you without the pain!

The worst part about it is second-hand smoking. I have to take a visit to my inhaler any time someone smokes near me. I really hate the stuff.

To people who are smoking: Please quit. Smoking destroys you. Whether it's weed, crack, cocaine, or marijuana, they're all dangerous.

To people who have quit: I applaud you.

To people who haven't smoked: Don't start.
To you: :D Your message is strong o.o
Sonic adventure 2 battle +Sonic Adventure DX ARE THE BEST SONIC GAMES EVER!

NiGHTS

Does it count if the person actually eats a full packet of cigarettes (my eldest sister did this once when she was liek 3/4

Jazz Nova

Quote from: NiGHTS on January 30, 2010, 12:46:58 PM
Does it count if the person actually eats a full packet of cigarettes (my eldest sister did this once when she was liek 3/4
:o You sister ATE a full pack of cigarettes <_< >_> *faints in shock*

NiGHTS

Quote from: ice the fox on January 30, 2010, 12:55:30 PM
:o You sister ATE a full pack of cigarettes <_< >_> *faints in shock*

yes i laughed so hardupon hearing this information a few years back

Fiamonder

Quote from: NiGHTS on January 30, 2010, 12:46:58 PM

..wtf. Just wtf XD i cant believe that she ate them..

powersonic

117EWAN

Don't like smoking i cant stand it >:(

TranceRaver83

I personally hate tobacco, mainly cigarettes, but i hate all of the products of it (dip, chewing tobacco, ect.) .  Me and a friend smoke a cigar every New Years.... thats about it for tobacco, though.  Weed on the other hand....   *shot*

sonicmaddave

I had a friend in the passenger seat of my pickup truck yesterday, and today I discovered the ashtray full of ash. >:( I don't smoke, while he does. It is disgusting and rude.

ChaosDazer

Quote from: TranceRaver83 on March 23, 2010, 01:54:40 PM
I personally hate tobacco, mainly cigarettes, but i hate all of the products of it (dip, chewing tobacco, ect.) .  Me and a friend smoke a cigar every New Years.... thats about it for tobacco, though.  Weed on the other hand....   *shot*
Just make sure ever year doesn't turn into every 6 months, then every month, then every 2 weeks, then...
What do you mean by weed? Do you take it?
witty sig caption

TranceRaver83

Quote from: ChaosDazer on March 24, 2010, 05:19:24 AM
Just make sure ever year doesn't turn into every 6 months, then every month, then every 2 weeks, then...
What do you mean by weed? Do you take it?
Nah, i dont smoke weed, i was joking about that. 

donotdrop

i hate smoking  its nasty and u get cancer from it.

flametop

i havent smoked before and i dont want to it is bad for your lungs

rywar40

Supersonic196

lung cancer
gingivitis
heart attacks
COPD
pancreatic cancer
Mouth and larynx cancer
tuberculosis...

thx, but no thx :P

SuperSonic23

I hate smoking. They dry up lungs and clog them, they cause cancer and other illnesses, and I heard they're gateway drugs. Once your body's used to them, you choose to get a higher range of drugs, which can kill you in one shot, like cheese (heroin with crushed up Tylenol PM pills, not the dairy product). *sounds like Mr. Mackey* Drugs are bad, m'kay? They can kill you, m'kay. Smoking tobacco, chewing tobacco, alcohol (yes, it's a drug), dope, pot, cocaine, they're all drugs. If any of you take drugs, I won't be able to look at you the same way ever again.
I WUV TEH RED CHAOS EMERALD CUZ RED IS MAH FAV!!

Afro7hundr

Never tried. Smoking's for foo's.

Fiamonder

I don't smoke and I never will, and I'm saying that because alot of people around me do and that already had an impact on my life. God, I went through smoke all day long, every single day, but some people currently stopped though thankfully. but like I said, it affected my life because I don't score that well the last few years, I was the best in class on most years of elementary school.

sonicsaiyan

personally, I think smoking is a disgusting habit. it stinks and leaves a horrible odour on people and objects. there are even things that you don't wanna know that are inside of them (insect limbs being one of the 4,000 ingredients).

Hakudamashi

Smoking helps cure Glaucoma and other diseases. Its alsso a form of relaxation.
Its not smoking that bothers me, its smoke abusers >.>
And all these things
OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

Jazz Nova

Quote from: windlessusher on November 14, 2010, 04:47:51 AM
Smoking helps cure Glaucoma and other diseases. Its alsso a form of relaxation.
Its not smoking that bothers me, its smoke abusers >.>
And all these things
"The feelings of relaxation and release comes from the actions, not the nature of the action – smoking itself is not relaxing. ..."
www.onlinestopsmokingtips.com/.../is-it-the-cigarette-that-relaxes-you-or-just -the-actions-of-smoking/
And all these things

Hakudamashi

Quote from: Seto Kaiba on November 14, 2010, 06:11:09 AM
"The feelings of relaxation and release comes from the actions, not the nature of the action – smoking itself is not relaxing. ..."
www.onlinestopsmokingtips.com/.../is-it-the-cigarette-that-relaxes-you-or-just -the-actions-of-smoking/
And all these things
I see
Smoke abusers still annoy me =/
And all these things
OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

Jazz Nova

Quote from: windlessusher on November 14, 2010, 08:06:27 AM
I see
Smoke abusers still annoy me =/
And all these things
I actually actively try to avoid smokers and such
And liek ya

DatzAmorayEX

I myself, personally do not smoke. Someone let me smoke a cigarette at age 6 and I never smoked another one ever since. I don't care if somebody smokes or not, since it is entirely up to that individual to take that decision. So basically, i'm not with smoking, but i'm not against it, since it's not a BIG influence over my life.
"Aw Shaddup! Don't order me around ya pile of scrud metal!"
"Hey, calm down. Or else you're going to have to take a time out in the corner."

Super Sonic Boom

I don't smoke and neither do my parents...

Although one day I did see someone walking out of my high school saying st a friend, "Dude you gotta a f***ing light?" and sure enough I know the kid...he starts walking off of school grounds and smokes. It did disturb me a bit.

me300168

Really, smoking is no good, and I rarely see people smoking in front of me. Whethever I'm there, it's better for them to leave. When not, let them smoke. But I never liked Smoking. I will never smoke, but I can't say never; The Future knows what will happen.

PSNGigoByte

Smoking... [Shudder] One of the few things which I absolutely HATE!

It is by far one of the scummiest habits people seem to pick up.
But, I know for a fact that I will never smoke, as I oppose it so much!

jman

Here in Pennsylvania, there is no age limit to smoking but I personally don't like it. It gives you smelly breath and it takes 5 minutes off your life and my Grandma quite smoking 10 years ago.

Who doesn't love Knuckles
1. He is cool
2. He is strong
3. He is brave

Elija2

The only thing I smoke is fools like you on the b-ball court.