Game Corner Censored in English Versions of Pokemon HeartGold & SoulSilver

Started by TheGameNinja, March 24, 2010, 09:38:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheGameNinja

The Game Corner, which has been a staple of the Pokemon games since Red and Green, has been, for all intensive purposes, removed from the English versions of HeartGold and SoulSilver. I know, and can prove with the video below this post, that at least the Japanese release contains the real Game Corner. In the English versions, the only thing to play in the "Game Corner" is a game called "Voltorb Flip." The game's okay, but it get's real old real fast, especially if you want the Dratini early in the game or the Porygon later on. I spent 2 whole days just playing this crappy mini-game. I wouldn't mind if there were variety, like in the REAL Game Corner, but this is the ONLY game to play. The only good thing about it is that you can't lose coins. They just stack up. Which makes you just want to keep playing until you can afford that flippin' Porygon and next thing ya know it's 3:35 AM. Apparently it was changed because of something to do with the rating in Europe. I don't see why America has to get screwed over, too. >:(

Also, a bit nitpicky, but they also censored the creepy old dude that hangs out in front of the Celedon City Gym. He still snickers to himself, but instead of saying that the Gym is great because of all the cute girls, he says something about all of the strong trainers. NINTENDO IS CENSORING THE DIRTY OLD PERVERTS!!

dreamcasthime

samjar

Quote from: TheGameNinja on March 24, 2010, 09:38:59 PM
The Game Corner, which has been a staple of the Pokemon games since Red and Green, has been, for all intensive purposes, removed from the English versions of HeartGold and SoulSilver. I know, and can prove with the video below this post, that at least the Japanese release contains the real Game Corner. In the English versions, the only thing to play in the "Game Corner" is a game called "Voltorb Flip." The game's okay, but it get's real old real fast, especially if you want the Dratini early in the game or the Porygon later on. I spent 2 whole days just playing this crappy mini-game. I wouldn't mind if there were variety, like in the REAL Game Corner, but this is the ONLY game to play. The only good thing about it is that you can't lose coins. They just stack up. Which makes you just want to keep playing until you can afford that flippin' Porygon and next thing ya know it's 3:35 AM. Apparently it was changed because of something to do with the rating in Europe. I don't see why America has to get screwed over, too. >:(

Also, a bit nitpicky, but they also censored the creepy old dude that hangs out in front of the Celedon City Gym. He still snickers to himself, but instead of saying that the Gym is great because of all the cute girls, he says something about all of the strong trainers. NINTENDO IS CENSORING THE DIRTY OLD PERVERTS!!
that just sucks

Hakudamashi

OR ELSE!
Compliments to our Goddess for this piece of superspecialawesome!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

TornZero

If anyone noticed (on the Ninty censoring thing), in Metroid Prime 3 (I think), "damn" is in the game, probably being the first ever curse word on a Nintendo game. In Metroid Prime Trilogy, they removed the "damn!" and replaced it with "no!" instead, actually disappointing plenty of fans.