The Playstation 2013 Teaser

Started by jkid101094, January 31, 2013, 03:15:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hakudamashi

I would've said the answer to this would be to keep your PS3, but my living room is getting quite crowded...
OR ELSE!
Compliments to our Goddess for this piece of superspecialawesome!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

billyhatcher312

Quote from: {Your Lovely Kyo}~ on February 23, 2013, 12:26:29 AM
Out of experience whith various Xbox games running on 360, no they dont.
Nothing noticeable anyway.

The PS4 isnt backwards compatible because of the crap system set-up of the PS3 and it would be expensive and a chore to have backwards compatibility work. Plus, Sony can justify their purchase of Gaikai and have everything sold again digitally.

thats why ps3 is better than xbox 360 even though it cant play ps2 games

shadowDOESrock

Quote from: Erik Larsen on February 23, 2013, 07:59:36 AM
thats why ps3 is better than xbox 360 even though it cant play ps2 games

...whaaaaaaaaaaaa

Ye Olde Swagfag

Only the early model of the PS3 is backwards-compatible, when the newer variants were released they took that out. Basically when you updated the early PS3 you lost the ability to play your PS2 games, so basically the newer models come with the updated firmware.

:P

billyhatcher312

Quote from: LeaflameSD64 on February 23, 2013, 10:00:07 AM
Only the early model of the PS3 is backwards-compatible, when the newer variants were released they took that out. Basically when you updated the early PS3 you lost the ability to play your PS2 games, so basically the newer models come with the updated firmware.

:P

u might be right because what if the more modern ps4 systems play ps2 games and not the ps3 games that would be fucken stupid

The Forgotten Alex

Quote from: Erik Larsen on February 23, 2013, 04:34:27 PM
u might be right because what if the more modern ps4 systems play ps2 games and not the ps3 games that would be fucken stupid

Why would it... I mean why would they...I mean...

What?
People asked.

Tanassy

jkid101094

Quote from: DracoDraco:  Saber was my bitch LONG before you heard about her.  I introduced you to FSN, loser.  D<
Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

Says you. She likes me more. D<
And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

shadowDOESrock

billyhatcher312

Quote from: Miles The Hedgehawk on February 24, 2013, 01:00:51 AM
Why would it... I mean why would they...I mean...

What?

what i mean is that the ps3 used to play all formats like the ps1 and ps2 games but now it only plays the damn ps1 games and ps3 games

Hakudamashi

Quote from: Erik Larsen on February 24, 2013, 02:30:32 PM
what i mean is that the ps3 used to play all formats like the ps1 and ps2 games but now it only plays the damn ps1 games and ps3 games
I would imagine the PS1 being easier to emulate than the PS2...
OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

billyhatcher312

Quote from: windlessusher on February 25, 2013, 08:30:21 AM

u can also play ps1 game discs too not just the download games from the ps etore

jkid101094

Quote from: windlessusher on February 25, 2013, 08:30:21 AM
I just found this out yesterday but earlier PS3 were not only backwards compatible with PS1 and PS2 games but they were also region free. The newer PS3 games are region free, but only for PS3 games. Probably because they're harder to pirate.

Also the older models were discontinued because of the cost, I think.

Quote from: DracoDraco:  Saber was my bitch LONG before you heard about her.  I introduced you to FSN, loser.  D<
Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

Says you. She likes me more. D<
And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

billyhatcher312

Quote from: jkid101094 on February 25, 2013, 02:30:50 PM
I just found this out yesterday but earlier PS3 were not only backwards compatible with PS1 and PS2 games but they were also region free. The newer PS3 games are region free, but only for PS3 games. Probably because they're harder to pirate.

the reason why older models were discontinued is because they overheated too much even the disc got hot too thats why they discontinued the old models

Hakudamashi

Quote from: jkid101094 on February 25, 2013, 02:30:50 PM

Could this be the one time ever it actually would've been beneficial to have been an early adopter?
OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay