Dragonball: Xenoverse

Started by shadowDOESrock, June 10, 2014, 02:01:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hakudamashi

I always find it hilarious where your standing position is a battle stance in these hubworlds.
OR ELSE!
Compliments to our Goddess for this piece of superspecialawesome!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

shadowDOESrock

From Kotaku

What a dirty trick to play, Bandai Namco. Introducing a never-before-seen character for Dragon Ball Xenoverse, leaving fans to wildly speculate for months before revealing it as the first Dragon Ball game that allows players to inject their own creations into the series' greatest battles. So sneaky. So good.

For the first time in any Dragon Ball game, fans will be able to create their own character and use them to participate in some of the biggest battles in franchise history. (As readers have pointed out, Dragon Ball Z: Ultimate Tenkaichi's Hero Mode allowed for limited character customization, but did not involve screwing about with canon.)

Customize an Earthling, Majin or Namekian (just the three listed so far) to your liking, and then be summoned to the in-game hub of Toki Toki City to be guided through Dragon Ball history by one Mr. Trunks.

What an intriguing idea, re-writing the history of the Dragon Ball universe with your own personal avatar. Having covered the same stories time and time again in countless games, we've got a chance to mix things up. My excitement for this title just climbed several notches, and not solely due to my odd attraction to female Majin.

There'll be more Dragon Ball Xenoverse news in the coming weeks, including something about an upcoming closed beta. Until then, look at all of these blue-haired boys. Just look at them.

jkid101094

Oh my God I almost just flipped my shit. I've been hoping for this since day one and it fucking happened. It actually fucking happened.

I feel like I've seen those designs before, though. Are they taken from Dragonball Online? It would make sense since Akira Toriyama designed them.

Oh my God I am so excited. I can't wait until next year for this.

Edit:
Yeah, this is taking so many ques from DBZO. Not only is Trunk's design from that game but so are the classes. Does this mean playable Miss Buu?

Quote from: DracoDraco:  Saber was my bitch LONG before you heard about her.  I introduced you to FSN, loser.  D<
Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

Says you. She likes me more. D<
And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

shadowDOESrock

Quote from: jkid101094 on August 13, 2014, 03:32:41 AM
Yeah, this is taking so many ques from DBZO. Not only is Trunk's design from that game but so are the classes. Does this mean playable Miss Buu?

If by 'Miss Buu' you mean female majins, yes. As said, the character creator allows for female majins.

jkid101094

About time you posted. I've been waiting for a reply to this topic since this morning. >:U

And no, I mean the actual character, Miss Buu. The one Majin Buu fucked to create the race in the first place.

http://dragonball.wikia.com/wiki/Miss_Buu

Quote from: DracoDraco:  Saber was my bitch LONG before you heard about her.  I introduced you to FSN, loser.  D<
Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

shadowDOESrock

Quote from: jkid101094 on August 13, 2014, 02:05:24 PM
About time you posted. I've been waiting for a reply to this topic since this morning. >:U

And no, I mean the actual character, Miss Buu. The one Majin Buu fucked to create the race in the first place.

http://dragonball.wikia.com/wiki/Miss_Buu

As far as announced, no. It's just the main canon starting with Raditz plus your created character.

While DB Online is written and the characters desgined by Toriyama (thus, probably canon ala expanded universe), only Trunks and your character go back in time to change the course of things.

Buu doesnt create her until after GT. But if the character creator allows for you to change colours on majins, you could technically recreate her.

jkid101094

See, this game is looking like a retelling of Dragonball Online which would make sense since the game has been shut down. Not only is Time Patrol Trunks in the game but so are the three main races in the game (right down to having humans as opposed to saiyans) and even the created character shown in those images is taken directly from the main character of Dragonball Online.

Not to mention that there are a few images that suggest this game doesn't take place solely in the past, meaning that the future characters could still appear. It's even so likely as to have Miira and Towa be the reasons you go back in the first place which would be the exact same scenario as Dragonball Online.

Assuming everything in this post is correct this would also mean we might fight Cell-X. Cell-X is fucking awesome.

I'm also really hoping for around 30 CaF slots instead of the three we got in UT so I can make anyone I want who isn't initially playable but that may just be a pipe dream.

Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

shadowDOESrock

They said it was a completely new story, though.

jkid101094

Well it could still be set during the events of DBZO. It adds up too much not to have been done on purpose.

Also, since Dimps made Dragonball Heroes, I hope we get some stuff from that game in here too, like the Frieza race as an expansion to character creation and maybe even some of the original characters as playable in the starting roster rather then having us make them ourselves. Beat and Note, at the very least.

Can't tell me that ain't one badass mother fucker.

Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

shadowDOESrock

Well, I do hope there's more races

Hakudamashi

Like whatever the fuck Frieza was
And whatever the fuck Jeice was
And whatever the fuck Burter was
And whatever the fuck Ginyu was
And whatever the fuck Guldo was
And whatever the fuck Pikkon was
And whatever the fuck Zangya was
And whatever the fuck Spopovich was
And whatever the fuck Dodoria was
And whatever the fuck Zarbon was
And whatever the fuck Cui was

Just to name a few.
OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

jkid101094

Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

Hakudamashi

Quote from: jkid101094 on August 15, 2014, 10:39:50 AM
...you mean, "sexy"?
If being sexy was the norm for his race, I doubt he would be flaunting it like he did.
OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

jkid101094

Quote from: Hakudamashi on August 15, 2014, 11:01:56 AM
If being sexy was the norm for his race, I doubt he would be flaunting it like he did.
Well after Frieza made the rest of his race extinct look what he was hanging around.

If I was being compared to that thing in terms of power I'd flaunt my looks too.

Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

Hakudamashi

I guess
Still doesn't necessarily mean that being sexy is the norm for his whole race.
OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay