Rodea the Sky Soldier is finally coming out on Wii U/3DS

Started by Elija2, November 14, 2014, 10:36:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Elija2

Spring 2015 in Japan, no plans for localization yet.

Anyone else remember this game? This is Yuji Naka's game that was supposed to come out on the Wii years ago (he finished developing it in 2011) and then later was supposed to come to the 3DS. Well, it looks like it's finally being revived on the Wii U and 3DS. This won't be the exact same game as the Wii version that was finished in 2011, but early copies of the Wii U version will come with the original Wii version of the game as a bonus.

Screenshots

jkid101094

Quote from: DracoDraco:  Saber was my bitch LONG before you heard about her.  I introduced you to FSN, loser.  D<
Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

Says you. She likes me more. D<
And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

shadowDOESrock

Well, it's published by Kadokawa, so chances are high that they're striking some deal for international release.
They were responsible for publishing Lollipop Chainsaw, Killer is Dead and Natural Doctrine.

But until then, I'll angrily shake my fist, as it's another great looking game that's only in Japan... next to Yakuza Ishin, The new Shining Force, Phantasy Star Zero, God Eater 2, Gundam Breaker, Hajime no Ippo: The Fighting...

Ioshyriku

shadowDOESrock

Quote from: Ioshyriku on November 14, 2014, 12:01:51 PM
Actually, that was released everywhere.

Wat
Oh, right
I ment Phantasy Star Nova, the new one.

Elija2

So Yuji Naka and his company (Prope) aren't actually involved in the Wii U and 3DS versions. The original Wii version is the one that he made and he originally didn't want to port it to other consoles. I guess that's why they're giving that version away with early Wii U copies.

shadowDOESrock

Yuji Naka needs to direct a new Sanic

Elija2

It was just announced that this game is indeed coming out in North America and Europe this fall. We'll even be getting the original Wii version.

The official website is up too. That title font is ugly.

Hakudamashi

OR ELSE!
Compliments to our Goddess for this piece of superspecialawesome!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

Elija2

So this game is finally coming out November 10th (it was originally slated for release in October). And to answer Haku's question, I believe this game will be dubbed.

So, anyone here actually gonna get the game? If you get it early on Wii U you'd also have the honour of owning the last Wii game ever made, and for once it won't be a yearly sports game!