Game Design Appreciation

Started by Hakudamashi, April 13, 2015, 03:43:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hakudamashi

So I was playing White Knight Chronicles and it got me thinking about the things some video games do that are real icing on the cake.
Sure, you're not gonna go out and buy every game that does it, nor do you get peeved if it's not there, but the game design that if it's in a game you like you give it a nod of approval.

I immediately thought of two things.

Outfits. So you're playing your RPG, and you find this one armour set that you think looks pretty badass(orhot), but it is objectively worse than an armour piece you find later, even tho it doesn't look nearly as cool. So I appreciate games like Bravely Default that do give you the option of having static outfits that you have regardless of what equipment you're wearing.

And Dynamic Battle Music. Even if you got the most superspecialawesome spectacular piece of audible sex, it does lose it's luster after you hear for the 69th time, so I appreciate games like Kingdom Hearts where, at the very least, each area has it's own battle theme.
OR ELSE!
Compliments to our Goddess for this piece of superspecialawesome!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

jkid101094

Quote from: Hakudamashi on April 13, 2015, 03:43:26 PM
Outfits. So you're playing your RPG, and you find this one armour set that you think looks pretty badass(orhot), but it is objectively worse than an armour piece you find later, even tho it doesn't look nearly as cool. So I appreciate games like Bravely Default that do give you the option of having static outfits that you have regardless of what equipment you're wearing.
Oh my God, this. A thousand times this. I don't give a flying fuck if it makes no sense for a T-Shirt to be as protective as armor. Let me wear what I want, you fucks.

Quote from: DracoDraco:  Saber was my bitch LONG before you heard about her.  I introduced you to FSN, loser.  D<
Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

Says you. She likes me more. D<
And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

Elija2

In Earthbound when you walk into enemies on the overworld that are way weaker than you they'll just die automatically without going into battle.

WHY DON'T MORE RPGS DO THIS?!?!?!?

Hakudamashi

Quote from: Elija2 on April 13, 2015, 03:47:53 PM
In Earthbound when you walk into enemies on the overworld that are way weaker than you they'll just die automatically without going into battle.

WHY DON'T MORE RPGS DO THIS?!?!?!?
ermahgawd soo much this.
All of this.
OR ELSE!
Compliments to our Goddess for this piece of superspecialawesome!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

Ioshyriku

Many RPGs have certain items that get rid of weaker enemies and some just replace them with stronger enemies, but that is way better.