Wii Graphics Capability?

Started by SonicFan47, March 27, 2009, 02:50:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SonicFan47

Okay, so I've heard several people (not from this site) who don't think that the Wii can (as in, does not posses the potential to) create graphics that look as nice as those of certain other consoles. *coughplaystationthreeandxboxthreesixtycough*
HOWEVER....
Hackers have recently found and removed the character models from Sonic and the Black Knight and I believe that they prove otherwise...
See the following videos.
http://www.youtube.com/v/hJuTm18cWcU&hl=en&fs=1

Watch the following one in true high quality on Youtube.
http://www.youtube.com/v/bBHQAJq3a8Q&hl=en&fs=1

Facts? Press Released Statements? Opinions?
Discuss, People!
Sig attempt #7!

I am the Knight of Bright Blue Test Tube Sentient Beings! In your Face!
a-lad wuz here :P

Hakudamashi

No matter how much proof you give them
They'll forever say the Wii is a sh*tty game console

I'm sure I heard that song from Madagascar somwhere
OR ELSE!
Compliments to our Goddess for this piece of superspecialawesome!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

shadowDOESrock

Quote from: SonicFan47 on March 27, 2009, 02:50:41 PM
Okay, so I've heard several people (not from this site) who don't think that the Wii can (as in, does not posses the potential to) create graphics that look as nice as those of certain other consoles. *coughplaystationthreeandxboxthreesixtycough*
HOWEVER....
Hackers have recently found and removed the character models from Sonic and the Black Knight and I believe that they prove otherwise...
See the following videos.
http://www.youtube.com/v/hJuTm18cWcU&hl=en&fs=1

Watch the following one in true high quality on Youtube.
http://www.youtube.com/v/bBHQAJq3a8Q&hl=en&fs=1

Facts? Press Released Statements? Opinions?
Discuss, People!

wow.

HOW TO BUILD A WII WITH PS2's

PS2+PS2+Half PS2 = Wii

yes, that is how strong the wii is! like 2'n half PS2's!

SonicFan47

Quote from: shadowDOESrock on March 28, 2009, 06:15:19 AM

wow.

HOW TO BUILD A WII WITH PS2's

PS2+PS2+Half PS2 = Wii

yes, that is how strong the wii is! like 2'n half PS2's!
If it's like 2 and 1/2 PS2s, then that would make it a kinda like a PS4.5, right? XD
Sig attempt #7!

I am the Knight of Bright Blue Test Tube Sentient Beings! In your Face!
a-lad wuz here :P

Super Empra

The Wii is a Gamecube 1.5. Gamecube was more powerful than PS2 so...
Wii is basically 2X more powerful than a PS2. The best graphics of any wii games belongs to...
The Conduit. SEGA are so lucky that they are publishing that game. No PS2 game comes close to The Conduit and the graphics look so good that you can mistake it for a 360/PS3 game.

If you're reading this, your a NOOB!!!

Hakudamashi

Quote from: Super Empra on March 28, 2009, 08:30:18 AM
Wii is basically 2X more powerful than a PS2. The best graphics of any wii games belongs to...
The Conduit. SEGA are so lucky that they are publishing that game. No PS2 game comes close to The Conduit and the graphics look so good that you can mistake it for a 360/PS3 game.
too bad ppl still think it fails
OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

ShadowRulz

Quote from: windlessusher on March 28, 2009, 10:03:07 AM
that's an epic fail but,i still think wii graphics are better than PS2 ;)

Hakudamashi

Quote from: ShadowRulz on March 28, 2009, 10:28:25 AM
that's an epic fail but,i still think wii graphics are better than PS2 ;)

I was referring to most of the world
OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

Super Empra

Quote from: windlessusher on March 28, 2009, 10:03:07 AM

The people who do are very stupid...
The wii sells more than PS3 and 360 COMBINED!
It has reached the 50 million sales milestone. If it continues like this, then it can easily beat the PS2's total of 140 million. Anyway I just completed Super Mario Galaxy, the ending was great!

shadowDOESrock

Wii is 2.5X more powerful than a PS2!  ;)

Hakudamashi

Quote from: Super Empra on March 29, 2009, 12:13:09 AM
The people who do are very stupid...
The wii sells more than PS3 and 360 COMBINED!
It has reached the 50 million sales milestone. If it continues like this, then it can easily beat the PS2's total of 140 million. Anyway I just completed Super Mario Galaxy, the ending was great!
I'm sure the ppl who say it fails are the jerks who bought a 360 first and don't have enough money for a Wii

Yea I beat Galaxy,nice ending,bad game ._.
OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

Super Empra

Quote from: windlessusher on March 29, 2009, 04:30:02 AM
I'm sure the ppl who say it fails are the jerks who bought a 360 first and don't have enough money for a Wii

Yea I beat Galaxy,nice ending,bad game ._.

That is one of the best games for wii. What do you think of SSBB or Twilight Princess?

Elija2

So it's agreed that the Wii is more powerful than the PS2 and GC, but what about the original Xbox? Statistics show that in some ways the Wii is as powerful but in some ways it is less powerful.

Super Empra

Quote from: Elija2 on March 29, 2009, 07:09:03 AM
So it's agreed that the Wii is more powerful than the PS2 and GC, but what about the original Xbox? Statistics show that in some ways the Wii is as powerful but in some ways it is less powerful.

I really don't know. I always thought that XBOX was more powerful than Wii but some people say that GCN is more powerful the XBOX? Looking at the specs of the XBOX and Wii...
The Wii is capable of better graphics because it has more memory and a better GPU.

Hakudamashi

Quote from: Super Empra on March 29, 2009, 07:06:20 AM
That is one of the best games for wii. What do you think of SSBB or Twilight Princess?
Well I didn't like it :P
SSBB-EPIC!!!!!
TP-Didn't like it.Don't get me wrong,the game is EPIC as this site,but I'm not a puzzle fan,so that part of it just turned me away from it
OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

annoyinglad

I think it's less of the Wii's processing ability and more of the game DISC itself. Brawl has a dual-layer disc, which allowed it to have so many things in it. Imagine if they had taken out some insignificant things and improved the graphics. It could have been at 360 performance level. Nintendo just needs to make a better disc. The 360 disc is basically 2.5x the storage of a common DVD. Then the PS3 uses Blu-ray which may seem bad at first, but it loads slowly because of the disc setup. I dare you to make a significant scratch in a PS3 game disc. Blu-ray discs have a special coating that prevents scratching to the extreme. That's why it loads so slow. The optical sensor has trouble getting throught the protective layer. Then the Wii Optical Disc is like .9 of a DVD, not all that great. A dual layer version creates almost a 360/PS3 capacity, but a new disc in itself would up graphics significantly. The processor of the Wii can handle plenty, but can the disc?

Hakudamashi

Quote from: annoyinglad on March 30, 2009, 04:23:50 PM
I think it's less of the Wii's processing ability and more of the game DISC itself. Brawl has a dual-layer disc, which allowed it to have so many things in it. Imagine if they had taken out some insignificant things and improved the graphics. It could have been at 360 performance level. Nintendo just needs to make a better disc. The 360 disc is basically 2.5x the storage of a common DVD. Then the PS3 uses Blu-ray which may seem bad at first, but it loads slowly because of the disc setup. I dare you to make a significant scratch in a PS3 game disc. Blu-ray discs have a special coating that prevents scratching to the extreme. That's why it loads so slow. The optical sensor has trouble getting throught the protective layer. Then the Wii Optical Disc is like .9 of a DVD, not all that great. A dual layer version creates almost a 360/PS3 capacity, but a new disc in itself would up graphics significantly. The processor of the Wii can handle plenty, but can the disc?
too....many....words @_@
OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

Super Empra

Quote from: annoyinglad on March 30, 2009, 04:23:50 PM

Disc space barely affects graphics. All it allows you to do is put in more files and maybe use higher res textures. That is all useless if the wii can't handle it. The processor of the Wii is much much slower than that of a PS3 and 360. The hardware in a wii is very similar to that in a Gamecube.

Dark Tails

That game....is gonna be badass.

Know Your ABCs

I love the Wii! :D I think most companies are trying their best to create the best graphics avaliable, but at the end of the day: its the gameplay that counts.

Unfortuantely, most gamers no longer realise this :l
_.-'-~...:D"Which secret plan? Why, the one THAT IS A SECRET!" XD Robotnik on "The Adventures of Sonic the Hedgehog":D...~-'-._

Aorokusho

Well, I think the Wii is a good console but it does lack in any graphical jumps. The only ones that I have seen that have looked great are Metroid Prime 3 and Super Mario Galaxy.

Some examples of Sonic games would be Sonic Unleashed and the Sonic Storybook series (Black Knight especially). These games aren't like the previous mentioned, however, for a 3rd Party company, it looks good.

Super Empra

Quote from: Aorokusho on April 09, 2009, 09:32:47 AM
Well, I think the Wii is a good console but it does lack in any graphical jumps. The only ones that I have seen that have looked great are Metroid Prime 3 and Super Mario Galaxy.

Some examples of Sonic games would be Sonic Unleashed and the Sonic Storybook series (Black Knight especially). These games aren't like the previous mentioned, however, for a 3rd Party company, it looks good.

But the PS3/360 lack in gameplay jumps. The wii is very different from last gen. PS3/360 are just more powerful versions of PS2.

Hakudamashi

Quote from: Super Empra on April 09, 2009, 09:41:58 AM
But the PS3/360 lack in gameplay jumps. The wii is very different from last gen. PS3/360 are just more powerful versions of PS2.
but apparently ppl don't want gameplay jumps
OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

Aorokusho

Quote from: windlessusher on April 09, 2009, 11:26:08 AM
but apparently ppl don't want gameplay jumps

That's unbelievable, but so true...