Nintendo working on a 'Forza' & 'Gran Turismo' Killer

Started by shadowDOESrock, April 04, 2012, 07:00:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

shadowDOESrock

Dual Pixels has gotten word, in significant detail, that Nintendo is working on their killer app simulation racer for Wii U that is designed to put GT and Forza on their heels. Having dominated the kart/arcade racing market with Mario Kart, Nintendo is shifting their focus. Their newest project, which our source (who has insight of Nintendo developments) refers to as "Concept Grand Prix", is in development by Lucid Games - who are made up of ex-Developers of Bizarre Creations (Project Gotham Racing, Blur).

Concept Grand Prix is expected to provide extremely realistic physics, with controls and gameplay similar to Project Gotham. Players will begin their careers working for R&D Division, one of many fictional automobile manufacturers and concept design providers in the game. The title features a deep car customization element which allows you to build cars from scratch based on concepts provided by car manufacturers such as R&D Division. Using Wii U's tablet, players can customize everything from the vehicles individual spark plugs to curing plastics on the exterior finish. Once a player finishes their first vehicle, they'll be put through R&D Tests, which has been directly compared to Gran Turismo's licensing system.

Both Gran Turismo and Forza their latest additions to the series have a strong community focus, something Lucid Games has acknowledged. Concept Grand Prix will be a community centric game that embraces the car enthusiasts it will attract. Nintendo is hoping CGP inspires real life manufacturers to pursue designs produced by the game's community, and they may even host a contest to promote the title.

CGP 's online multiplayer will add longevity to the title by providing monthly challenges many of which will require you to design cars to pass downloadable R&D Tests. Online races will accommodate 12-players simultaneously; you will earn points by creating cars and racing them for your company.

Concept Grand Prix's motive is clear; Forza and Gran Turismo are the definitive racers of their respective consoles. However, GT and Forza offer real life prestigious car manufactures with long legacies in automobile engineering, and it's looking like CGP will not. Perhaps the hassles of pursing licensing from dozens of car manufacturers for vehicles influenced Nintendo to take a renegade approach in delivering a new high profile racer.

The Game is expected be teased at E3 2012.

Direct Quote from Dual Pixels

SmashFinale

...i was... just kidding ... Nintendo...
...Looks like Microsoft is the only one missing a console exclusive game now... a platformer game they need to compete with Sony and Nintendo.

Hakudamashi

If Nintendo's selling it, at least the game will be COMPLETE!!!
OR ELSE!
Compliments to our Goddess for this piece of superspecialawesome!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

shadowDOESrock

Quote from: SmashFinale on April 04, 2012, 07:21:53 PM
...i was... just kidding ... Nintendo...
...Looks like Microsoft is the only one missing a console exclusive game now... a platformer game they need to compete with Sony and Nintendo.

Deadlight?

----

And wind, what do you mean? Forza 4 & GT5 where 'complete'.

SmashFinale

Quote from: {Your Lovely Kyo}~ on April 05, 2012, 07:52:36 AM
Deadlight?

Doesnt look like that has spawned many sequels.
And i just remembered that they dont have a console exclusive kart racer... i think

jkid101094

Quote from: {Your Lovely Kyo}~ on April 05, 2012, 07:52:36 AM
Deadlight?

That competing with Mario and Sackboy? No offense but Mario defined an industry and Sackboy...did something innovative that caught on. How exactly does Deadlight match up to those two?

Quote from: DracoDraco:  Saber was my bitch LONG before you heard about her.  I introduced you to FSN, loser.  D<
Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

Says you. She likes me more. D<
And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

Supersonic196

Mario Kart 8?

In all seriousness, Nintendo making a racing game that doesn't involve mario can only end well, the aforementioned features sound like something I'd really like to play. And the fact that they won't be using real car company's cars gives them permission to add some car deformation. I hope you can play as your mii.

Knowing that this is Nintendo I'll expect something new to the racing simulation genre, and a complete game. On a disc. With affordable DLC being an afterthought rather than a forethought.

jkid101094

Quote from: supersonic196 on April 05, 2012, 09:23:32 AM
Mario Kart 8?

In all seriousness, Nintendo making a racing game that doesn't involve mario can only end well, the aforementioned features sound like something I'd really like to play. And the fact that they won't be using real car company's cars gives them permission to add some car deformation. I hope you can play as your mii.

Knowing that this is Nintendo I'll expect something new to the racing simulation genre, and a complete game. On a disc. With affordable DLC being an afterthought rather than a forethought.

Now that you've said that the exact opposite will happen. Good going.

Quote from: DracoDraco:  Saber was my bitch LONG before you heard about her.  I introduced you to FSN, loser.  D<
Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

Says you. She likes me more. D<
And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

Supersonic196

Tanassy

Give it an arcade mode and I'm in. But I doubt it'll kill GT. That shit, is the shit.

Shit.

Supersonic196

Quote from: Iris Sapphire on April 05, 2012, 02:35:35 PM
Give it an arcade mode and I'm in. But I doubt it'll kill GT. That shit, is shit.
Grand Turismo bores me. :I

SmashFinale

Quote from: supersonic196 on April 05, 2012, 03:01:21 PM
Grand Turismo bores me. :I
It mores him so much that he got the title wrong

i cant do racing simulators. Just not my type of game.

TheGameNinja

Supersonic196

Tanassy

Eh, each to their own. I just like the arcade mode. Becuase I love arcade racing. None of that simulation stuff is for me- yet I can still get a great amount of content out of GT. It's absolutely fucking massive.