Hints at an SA2 Re-release?

Started by Tanassy, April 03, 2012, 04:55:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Supersonic196

If this comes to 3DS I've automatically lost another $40.

jkid101094

Quote from: DracoDraco:  Saber was my bitch LONG before you heard about her.  I introduced you to FSN, loser.  D<
Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

Says you. She likes me more. D<
And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

Tanassy

Quote from: supersonic196 on April 03, 2012, 05:01:46 PM
If this comes to 3DS I've automatically lost another $40.

Oh yes. But personally I'd prefer it to be on the HD consoles+PC

Hopefully it doesn't suffer from SA1's aspect ratio lock-issue.

Supersonic196

Quote from: Iris Sapphire on April 03, 2012, 05:05:42 PM
Oh yes. But personally I'd prefer it to be on the HD consoles+PC

Hopefully it doesn't suffer from SA1's aspect ratio lock-issue.

I always thought a handheld adventure game would be pretty cool, especially in 3D. Honestly, they wouldn't even have to edit the models to make me happy. Just Sa2 on the go in 3D.

And an HD remake would be amazing jkid.

Tanassy

Quote from: supersonic196 on April 03, 2012, 05:21:50 PM
I always thought a handheld adventure game would be pretty cool, especially in 3D. Honestly, they wouldn't even have to edit the models to make me happy. Just Sa2 on the go in 3D.

And an HD remake would be amazing jkid.

As long as they fix the bugs and the animations... that's the only problem that I have with SA2, it's buggy engine and bad looking animations...

A HD remake would be amazing, but I doubt it'll ever happen. ever.

shadowDOESrock

Adventure 2 sucked... hard. very hard.
Even '06 was way better than that abomination of a game, minus the glitches.

I, to this date, yet do not understand why people like Adventure 2. At all.

Tanassy

Quote from: {Your Lovely Kyo}~ on April 04, 2012, 02:02:31 AM
Adventure 2 sucked... hard. very hard.

I, to this date, yet do not understand why people like Adventure 2. At all.

'Cause you just don't know how to appreciate games very well... your taste in gaming sucks.

All is forgiven 'cause I love you, but I can't stress that enough, your taste is horrible and your opinions and definitions of things related to gaming are often quite horribly made and not very well backed up.

shadowDOESrock

Quote from: Iris Sapphire on April 04, 2012, 04:10:21 AM
'Cause you just don't know how to appreciate games very well... your taste in gaming sucks.

All is forgiven 'cause I love you, but I can't stress that enough, your taste is horrible and your opinions and definitions of things related to gaming are often quite horribly made and not very well backed up.

fuck you too.

jkid101094

Quote from: Iris Sapphire on April 04, 2012, 04:10:21 AM

Sometimes I feel I could say this exact same thing about a few people here. =P

Quote from: DracoDraco:  Saber was my bitch LONG before you heard about her.  I introduced you to FSN, loser.  D<
Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

Hakudamashi

I hated SA2 for these reasons:
1:WTF is Tails doing in a mech suit?
2:Knuckles and Rouge's missions can go f*ck themselves
3:Constantly being forced to endure these radical shifts in gameplay to get to the end

If not for Sonic and Shadow's segments, the story mode would've been a complete chore to go through, not to mention they're levels are the only ones I replay after I beat it =/

If not for the controls and level design, I would vastly prefer Sonic Adventure, but Sonic Heroes is still better
All in my opinion of course
OR ELSE!
Compliments to our Goddess for this piece of superspecialawesome!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

Supersonic196

I hated that tails was in a mech suit. They could've easily ported tails' play style from Adventure, and tweaked it a bit to fit with sa2. Tails is more fun to play with in the chao garden than he is in the action stages :\

Hakudamashi

Oh Tails, when will you be fun to play as again? ='(
OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

jkid101094

Quote from: supersonic196 on April 04, 2012, 03:23:20 PM
I hated that tails was in a mech suit. They could've easily ported tails' play style from Adventure, and tweaked it a bit to fit with sa2. Tails is more fun to play with in the chao garden than he is in the action stages :\
They needed someone to counteract Eggman in his mech suit. Duh.

You can't say that the idea isn't original. And at least none of their levels are as bad as Aquatic Mine...*shudders*

Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

Supersonic196

Quote from: jkid101094 on April 04, 2012, 03:29:22 PM
You can't say that the idea isn't original. And at least none of their levels are as bad as Aquatic Mine...*shudders*
I know, but it wasn't fun. :I

I would've rather had tails be fun, and Eggman be boring, than both of them be boring.
We could've had some interesting rival battles with two conflicting play styles.

jkid101094

Quote from: supersonic196 on April 04, 2012, 03:32:19 PM
We could've had some interesting rival battles with two conflicting play styles.
Go swap Tails for Sonic on a SA2 rom. =P

Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

Supersonic196

Quote from: jkid101094 on April 04, 2012, 03:41:37 PM
That's not what I meant :I

Hakudamashi

Quote from: jkid101094 on April 04, 2012, 03:29:22 PM
OOORRRR, they could've taken a completely different route
Have Sonic, Tails, Knuckles, Shadow and Rouge play the traditional speedy run n' jump platforming with a goal ring at the end, and Eggman, being a badass, could have his own unique run n' gun n' blast everything in sight with a badass mech levels with a goal ring at the end.

OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

jkid101094

Quote from: windlessusher on April 04, 2012, 03:43:04 PM
OOORRRR, they could've taken a completely different route
Have Sonic, Tails, Knuckles, Shadow and Rouge play the traditional speedy run n' jump platforming with a goal ring at the end, and Eggman, being a badass, could have his own unique run n' gun n' blast everything in sight with a badass mech levels with a goal ring at the end.

Then we would bitch that Eggman was the only one with a unique play style.

Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

Mephiles

Quote from: jkid101094 on April 04, 2012, 03:41:37 PM
Quote from: supersonic196 on April 04, 2012, 03:32:19 PM
this is not possible in Story Mode... although this is possible in Multiplayer Mode
let's see, what gets everyone's attention? penis

Hakudamashi

Quote from: jkid101094 on April 04, 2012, 03:48:09 PM
Then we would bitch that Eggman was the only one with a unique play style.
And I would reply "He's f*cking Eggman, he can do whatever the f*ck he wants =P"
OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

jkid101094

Quote from: Mephiles on April 04, 2012, 04:02:30 PM
this is not possible in Story Mode... although this is possible in Multiplayer Mode
Teach me, oh wise one.

Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

shadowDOESrock

Quote from: windlessusher on April 04, 2012, 03:10:52 PM
I hated SA2 for these reasons:
1:WTF is Tails doing in a mech suit?
2:Knuckles and Rouge's missions can go f*ck themselves
3:Constantly being forced to endure these radical shifts in gameplay to get to the end

If not for Sonic and Shadow's segments, the story mode would've been a complete chore to go through, not to mention they're levels are the only ones I replay after I beat it =/

If not for the controls and level design, I would vastly prefer Sonic Adventure, but Sonic Heroes is still better
All in my opinion of course

this, this and the camera in the rouge/stage levels.

Hakudamashi

Quote from: {Your Lovely Kyo}~ on April 04, 2012, 06:44:05 PM
this, this and the camera in the rouge/stage levels.
Holy sh*t we agreed on something =O
OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

hedgy

Personally I only disliked the tails/eggman levels, my friends sadly prefered these in multiplayer to have a chance beating me xD. Kart level of tails was the most fun.
Hadn't got issues with the camera on sa2b.

jkid101094

Quote from: hedgy on April 06, 2012, 02:28:32 AM
Personally I only disliked the tails/eggman levels, my friends sadly prefered these in multiplayer to have a chance beating me xD. Kart level of tails was the most fun.
I kinda disagree. I don't really like the kart racing levels. As for 2P my brother, myself and two of my cousins were all Chao freaks. I have fond memories of us all competing in Chao races together~

Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

hedgy

Quote from: jkid101094 on April 06, 2012, 02:30:51 AM
I kinda disagree. I don't really like the kart racing levels. As for 2P my brother, myself and two of my cousins were all Chao freaks. I have fond memories of us all competing in Chao races together~

Chao garden was lovely indeed. But I never did chao races/fights together.
And it's not that I like the kart racing levels, I just like them more than the regular levels from tails.

I wonder if they'll keep green hill zone btw, and if they'll make it harder or easyer again to get it.

jkid101094

Quote from: hedgy on April 06, 2012, 02:38:26 AM
Chao garden was lovely indeed. But I never did chao races/fights together.
And it's not that I like the kart racing levels, I just like them more than the regular levels from tails.

I wonder if they'll keep green hill zone btw, and if they'll make it harder or easyer again to get it.
To be honest I'm not sure which ones I prefer. I can say for sure the kart racing is better than Master Emerald hunting, though.

And if it's just a re-release I can't see them taking it out. I'm hoping it's like SADX with new features and better graphics.

Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

EchidnaPower

As far as I'm concerned, the story was decent, and that's always been #1 with me since I'm a writer. As for the gameplay, I agree that Sonic and Shadow's stages were the best, but even then there were certain levels for Sonic that made the game feel slow. Pyramid Cave drove me out of my mind, it was so slow and I hated getting stopped in my tracks by those stupid ghosts.

Knuckles/Rouge stages were pretty much the same as the first Sonic Adventure as far as I can tell, although I did enjoy the Knuckles stages more than Rouge, duh, since Knux is my favorite character, hence ECHIDNAPower...ahem...

Tails and Eggman BORED ME OUT OF MY MIND. The only stages I found remotely enjoyable was Eggman's Weapons Bed where I could blow up anything and everything and get 2000 points regularly, and Eggman's last stage Cosmic Wall, where the floating ability and the plethora of enemies made it fun to blow stuff up, like the old E-102 Gamma stages, somehow those were more fun than SA2...

All in all, if they do some fixes, make it more fun, it'd be worth it.

I love Jesus! Do you?

perfect chaos

i actually thought SA2 was Good >=/
Must Play Sonic 4 ep2

Tanassy

Hakudamashi

Quote from: EchidnaPower on April 06, 2012, 04:15:04 AM
As far as I'm concerned, the story was decent, and that's always been #1 with me since I'm a writer. As for the gameplay, I agree that Sonic and Shadow's stages were the best, but even then there were certain levels for Sonic that made the game feel slow. Pyramid Cave drove me out of my mind, it was so slow and I hated getting stopped in my tracks by those stupid ghosts.

Knuckles/Rouge stages were pretty much the same as the first Sonic Adventure as far as I can tell, although I did enjoy the Knuckles stages more than Rouge, duh, since Knux is my favorite character, hence ECHIDNAPower...ahem...

Tails and Eggman BORED ME OUT OF MY MIND. The only stages I found remotely enjoyable was Eggman's Weapons Bed where I could blow up anything and everything and get 2000 points regularly, and Eggman's last stage Cosmic Wall, where the floating ability and the plethora of enemies made it fun to blow stuff up, like the old E-102 Gamma stages, somehow those were more fun than SA2...

All in all, if they do some fixes, make it more fun, it'd be worth it.
This, except I liked Pyramid Cave
OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

SmashFinale

i feel like im the only one that liked the Robo-Walker levels...

Mephiles

The Shooting levels are way more fun with the Hover ability. Sand Ocean becomes such an easy level with it, but it's too bad the upgrade comes in the stage after Sand Ocean in Story Mode.
let's see, what gets everyone's attention? penis

Hakudamashi

Quote from: SmashFinale on April 29, 2012, 08:56:15 AM
i feel like im the only one that liked the Robo-Walker levels...
I had fun with the Robo-walker levels as Eggman cause... he's the motherfuckingeggman

My gripe is WTF IS TAILS DOING IN A WALKER OMG!!!??
OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

Caysekong

Well an HD release would be nice for Xbox Live Arcade. Wonder what additional stuff they would do for the game.

shadowDOESrock

Quote from: Caysekong on May 03, 2012, 06:07:14 AM
Wonder what additional stuff they would do for the game.

hahaha, you're killing me.

jkid101094

Quote from: {Your Lovely Kyo}~ on May 03, 2012, 07:41:41 AM
hahaha, you're killing me.
Kyo, don't be a dick to new members. He/She might not realize that you're joking. :U

Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

Elija2

Quote from: {Your Lovely Kyo}~ on April 04, 2012, 02:02:31 AM

SA2's Sonic/Shadow stages were the best implementation of 3D Sonic gameplay to date.
The rest of the game kinda sucks, besides the Chao Garden if you're into that kind of thing. Still better than SA1 and 06 though.
They won't be making any major changes, so if you don't like it you might as well skip it.

shadowDOESrock

Quote from: Elija2 on May 03, 2012, 08:05:58 AM
SA2's Sonic/Shadow stages were the best implementation of 3D Sonic gameplay to date.

I'd agree if Sonic Unleashed did not exist.
The camera is god-awful, especially in the later stages.

Hakudamashi

Quote from: {Your Lovely Kyo}~ on May 03, 2012, 08:22:33 AM
The camera is god-awful, especially in the later stages.
f*cking Crazy Gadget and Space Gadget were full of sh*t
OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

jkid101094

Quote from: windlessusher on May 03, 2012, 10:20:16 AM
f*cking Crazy Gadget and Space Gadget were full of sh*t
Crazy Gadget is my crack. THOSE TETRIS BLOCKS.

Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

Hakudamashi

Quote from: jkid101094 on May 03, 2012, 10:23:53 AM
Crazy Gadget is my crack. THOSE TETRIS BLOCKS.
Nope, f*ck 3D gravity shifting
OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

jkid101094

Quote from: windlessusher on May 03, 2012, 10:27:13 AM
Nope, f*ck 3D gravity shifting
You just hate it because that puzzle was mind fucking when you first got to it. =P

Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

SmashFinale

Quote from: jkid101094 on May 03, 2012, 10:33:32 AM
You just hate it because that puzzle was mind fucking when you first got to it. =P
Fuck those gravity drums. They were (ironically) better in Shadow the Hedgehog than SA2.

Sonicsdimas

why you guys are talking on Sonic Adventure 2???it is a good game!not fuc**ng as you know....everyone said that,it is the best in the series

Hakudamashi

Quote from: Sonicsdimas on May 08, 2012, 07:08:34 PM
why you guys are talking on Sonic Adventure 2???it is a good game!not fuc**ng as you know....everyone said that,it is the best in the series
Well sorry if you feel that way, but I don't think it's the best in the series... It's got problems.
OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

Sonicsdimas

Quote from: windlessusher on June 03, 2012, 01:28:46 PM
Well sorry if you feel that way, but I don't think it's the best in the series... It's got problems.
I AM DOESN'T THINK THAT SA2 IS THE BEST. i said EVERYONE but not me

Because of the SA2 HD will released on PC,now SA2 is my best game ever.
P.S I know you like S&K!

Hakudamashi

OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

jkid101094

Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

Hakudamashi

Quote from: jkid101094 on June 21, 2012, 09:38:39 AM
Hello, Tana. You're kind of late on this note. I'm pretty sure Stritix posted that on the chat a day prior. =P
Well some of us don't use the chat.
OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

Tanassy

Quote from: jkid101094 on June 21, 2012, 09:38:39 AM
Hello, Tana. You're kind of late on this note. I'm pretty sure Stritix posted that on the chat a day prior. =P
Great, so everyone saw it for a total of about 30 seconds. That's helpful isn't it?

jkid101094

Quote from: Iris Sapphire on June 22, 2012, 03:02:11 AM
Great, so everyone saw it for a total of about 30 seconds. That's helpful isn't it?
Yes. =P
But I'm joking around, get the stick out of your ass.

Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

Tanassy

Quote from: jkid101094 on June 22, 2012, 08:48:19 AM
Yes. =P
But I'm joking around, get the stick out of your ass.

You really love to play games with me, don't you?

jkid101094

Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

Sonicsdimas

3rd October,that's the release date(i found on an article,but still not confirmed.)

jkid101094

Quote from: Sonicsdimas on June 24, 2012, 12:20:07 PM
3rd October,that's the release date(i found on an article,but still not confirmed.)
Haha, it's funny because it's Draco's birthday.

Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

Sonicsdimas

Quote from: jkid101094 on June 24, 2012, 12:23:00 PM
Haha, it's funny because it's Draco's birthday.
i do not know is it really really 3rd October,because it still unconfirmed by SEGA

Super Sonic Boom

Sure why not, but I think that if they try to put those stupid blue boarders on the game like they did with the re-release of SADX, I may go crazy. Honestly... those are not needed, fully upgrade to widescreen or keep the standard definition of the game with black boarders.

Tanassy

Quote from: Chris Silvano on June 25, 2012, 03:56:29 AM
Sure why not, but I think that if they try to put those stupid blue boarders on the game like they did with the re-release of SADX, I may go crazy. Honestly... those are not needed, fully upgrade to widescreen or keep the standard definition of the game with black boarders.

The game's coding is flawed, Widescreen was impossible. I don't know about SA2 though.

Stritix

Bullshit. If dumb broke fans can do it with a simple SADX Tweaking .exe, I'm sure a multi-billion company can. Don't come up with excuses for SEGA's laziness. Though they've certainly picked themselves up with the new SA2 remastered port:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U2KLUskznb4&feature=plcp

Tanassy

Quote from: Stritix on June 25, 2012, 09:30:45 AM
multi-billion company

Haha, good one. :'D

It's perfectly good of an excuse, especially when it comes to console porting, but, it's not a pleasant argument.. I've been through it before.. So let's not go there.