Hints at an SA2 Re-release?

Started by Tanassy, April 03, 2012, 04:55:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jkid101094

Quote from: supersonic196 on April 04, 2012, 03:32:19 PM
We could've had some interesting rival battles with two conflicting play styles.
Go swap Tails for Sonic on a SA2 rom. =P

Quote from: DracoDraco:  Saber was my bitch LONG before you heard about her.  I introduced you to FSN, loser.  D<
Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

Says you. She likes me more. D<
And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

Supersonic196

Quote from: jkid101094 on April 04, 2012, 03:41:37 PM
That's not what I meant :I

Hakudamashi

Quote from: jkid101094 on April 04, 2012, 03:29:22 PM
They needed someone to counteract Eggman in his mech suit. Duh.
OOORRRR, they could've taken a completely different route
Have Sonic, Tails, Knuckles, Shadow and Rouge play the traditional speedy run n' jump platforming with a goal ring at the end, and Eggman, being a badass, could have his own unique run n' gun n' blast everything in sight with a badass mech levels with a goal ring at the end.

OR ELSE!
Compliments to our Goddess for this piece of superspecialawesome!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

jkid101094

Quote from: windlessusher on April 04, 2012, 03:43:04 PM
OOORRRR, they could've taken a completely different route
Have Sonic, Tails, Knuckles, Shadow and Rouge play the traditional speedy run n' jump platforming with a goal ring at the end, and Eggman, being a badass, could have his own unique run n' gun n' blast everything in sight with a badass mech levels with a goal ring at the end.

Then we would bitch that Eggman was the only one with a unique play style.

Quote from: DracoDraco:  Saber was my bitch LONG before you heard about her.  I introduced you to FSN, loser.  D<
Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

Mephiles

Quote from: jkid101094 on April 04, 2012, 03:41:37 PM
Quote from: supersonic196 on April 04, 2012, 03:32:19 PM
We could've had some interesting rival battles with two conflicting play styles.
this is not possible in Story Mode... although this is possible in Multiplayer Mode
let's see, what gets everyone's attention? penis

Hakudamashi

Quote from: jkid101094 on April 04, 2012, 03:48:09 PM
Then we would bitch that Eggman was the only one with a unique play style.
And I would reply "He's f*cking Eggman, he can do whatever the f*ck he wants =P"
OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

jkid101094

Quote from: Mephiles on April 04, 2012, 04:02:30 PM
this is not possible in Story Mode... although this is possible in Multiplayer Mode
Teach me, oh wise one.

Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

shadowDOESrock

Quote from: windlessusher on April 04, 2012, 03:10:52 PM
I hated SA2 for these reasons:
1:WTF is Tails doing in a mech suit?
2:Knuckles and Rouge's missions can go f*ck themselves
3:Constantly being forced to endure these radical shifts in gameplay to get to the end

If not for Sonic and Shadow's segments, the story mode would've been a complete chore to go through, not to mention they're levels are the only ones I replay after I beat it =/

If not for the controls and level design, I would vastly prefer Sonic Adventure, but Sonic Heroes is still better
All in my opinion of course

this, this and the camera in the rouge/stage levels.

Hakudamashi

Quote from: {Your Lovely Kyo}~ on April 04, 2012, 06:44:05 PM
this, this and the camera in the rouge/stage levels.
Holy sh*t we agreed on something =O
OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

hedgy

Personally I only disliked the tails/eggman levels, my friends sadly prefered these in multiplayer to have a chance beating me xD. Kart level of tails was the most fun.
Hadn't got issues with the camera on sa2b.

jkid101094

Quote from: hedgy on April 06, 2012, 02:28:32 AM
Personally I only disliked the tails/eggman levels, my friends sadly prefered these in multiplayer to have a chance beating me xD. Kart level of tails was the most fun.
I kinda disagree. I don't really like the kart racing levels. As for 2P my brother, myself and two of my cousins were all Chao freaks. I have fond memories of us all competing in Chao races together~

Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

hedgy

Quote from: jkid101094 on April 06, 2012, 02:30:51 AM
I kinda disagree. I don't really like the kart racing levels. As for 2P my brother, myself and two of my cousins were all Chao freaks. I have fond memories of us all competing in Chao races together~

Chao garden was lovely indeed. But I never did chao races/fights together.
And it's not that I like the kart racing levels, I just like them more than the regular levels from tails.

I wonder if they'll keep green hill zone btw, and if they'll make it harder or easyer again to get it.

jkid101094

Quote from: hedgy on April 06, 2012, 02:38:26 AM
Chao garden was lovely indeed. But I never did chao races/fights together.
And it's not that I like the kart racing levels, I just like them more than the regular levels from tails.

I wonder if they'll keep green hill zone btw, and if they'll make it harder or easyer again to get it.
To be honest I'm not sure which ones I prefer. I can say for sure the kart racing is better than Master Emerald hunting, though.

And if it's just a re-release I can't see them taking it out. I'm hoping it's like SADX with new features and better graphics.

Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

EchidnaPower

As far as I'm concerned, the story was decent, and that's always been #1 with me since I'm a writer. As for the gameplay, I agree that Sonic and Shadow's stages were the best, but even then there were certain levels for Sonic that made the game feel slow. Pyramid Cave drove me out of my mind, it was so slow and I hated getting stopped in my tracks by those stupid ghosts.

Knuckles/Rouge stages were pretty much the same as the first Sonic Adventure as far as I can tell, although I did enjoy the Knuckles stages more than Rouge, duh, since Knux is my favorite character, hence ECHIDNAPower...ahem...

Tails and Eggman BORED ME OUT OF MY MIND. The only stages I found remotely enjoyable was Eggman's Weapons Bed where I could blow up anything and everything and get 2000 points regularly, and Eggman's last stage Cosmic Wall, where the floating ability and the plethora of enemies made it fun to blow stuff up, like the old E-102 Gamma stages, somehow those were more fun than SA2...

All in all, if they do some fixes, make it more fun, it'd be worth it.

I love Jesus! Do you?

perfect chaos

i actually thought SA2 was Good >=/
Must Play Sonic 4 ep2