New Sonic Game Being announced next Month! (Feb. 2013)

Started by TheSonicGamer201X, January 23, 2013, 01:00:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheSonicGamer201X

Read this please:
http://www.sonicstadium.org/2013/01/rumour-sega-to-announce-new-sonic-game-next-month/

according to sonic Stadium:
"Sources close to SEGA have informed The Sonic Stadium that the publisher intends to announce/tease a new game within the Sonic the Hedgehog series next month. Sonic fans will recall that February 2nd is of course what SEGA calls 'Hedgehog Day', a day the company usually likes to tease fans about upcoming Sonic games. However, one of our sources states that the game won't be announced until mid-February, while another just says we "will hear about it from official sources next month". It's likely SEGA could tease a reveal on Hedgehog Day and make a proper announcement later in the month.

One source has shared what they allege to be details about the new game. The game's title doesn't appear to be finalized yet, but its platforms are. It will be released on Wii U, PS3, 360, 3DS, PS Vita, PC, and "Next gen" consoles. This source says anything involving these new consoles is strictly confidential to people at the top of the company, so they unfortunately don't have any information to share about those versions. As for the other versions, the source states the console, PC and PS Vita versions will be identical aside from the graphical differences, while the 3DS version will be another Sonic Rush styled game.

The source elaborates that the console version of this new game will be sticking with the recent formula seen in Sonic Unleashed (Daytime), Sonic Colours and Sonic Generations where gameplay switches between full 3D movement and 2D side-scrolling sections. Multiple routes through a stage will return, but this time you will have an incentive to play through them all. Each route in a stage will lead to one of two or three exits at the end that will each take you to a different stage. You will always end up at the same final stage, though. Our source says final stage count hasn't been decided, but the developers are trying for a least 20 diferent stages, not including boss battles.

Character wise, our source says you will begin the game with Sonic and unlock other characters to play as by completing stages. It's been made clear that this doesn't mean 20+ characters are available, though. "For example, you might unlock Knuckles in any one of three stages. Sometimes, if you already have a character that would be unlocked first, a different one may be unlocked. Altogether we're looking at about 10 different characters to play with, and no, Sonic isn't getting any new friends. All of the playable characters will be existing Sonic characters."

Our source goes on to explain that each character will have their own skills to help them progress in stages easier where others will have more difficulty or simply cannot ala Sonic 3 & Knuckles and the Sonic Advance series. One example described involves Sonic and Shadow not being able to make it up a wall, while Tails can easily fly up there or Knuckles can climb, allowing them access to an exit Sonic and Shadow can't reach. Despite that, our source assures us that stages can be replayed with any character of your choice, though.

Moving on to the 3DS version, the source says it will be "similar in idea, but smaller in scope". The developers are trying to fit all of the characters into the game, but it will feature far fewer stages. There will still be many paths through stages, but at this point, the source says it looks like every stage will only ever branch off into 2 stages.

Our source ends by telling us "All in all, the games look very promising at this point" and assures us that SEGA has their best developers working on the games and that they have been in the works since before Sonic Generations. The game should be out in stores this Fall/Autumn, or at the latest, Winter. Another source corroborates the Fall schedule and expects the game to be released around September."

shadowDOESrock

SmashFinale

shadowDOESrock

Quote from: SmashFinale on January 24, 2013, 03:32:54 AM
I dont understand what you mean by this...

...the whole multiple paths lead to multiple stages thing was already done in Shadow the Hedgehog.

Manic

Sonic 3DS!?I Haven't Clicked The Link Yet!But THANK YOU SEGA!!!!And Thank You For Showing Me This!^D^

Post Merge: January 24, 2013, 01:27:49 PM

Quote from: SmashFinale on January 24, 2013, 03:32:54 AM
I dont understand what you mean by this...
Me Either...<.A.>
This Is Manic.Searching Online For Hints Of Queen Aleana.Do Not Disclose This Account To The Dr. Robotnik!I'm Searching For Sonic And Sonia Too!After Out 40th Adventure Together,We Slept In Sanctuary,Then After Our Awakening,The Swatbots Stepped In,Sonic Revved,But Sleet And Dingo Got Him.They Took Him Off To Be Roboticized...I'm Not Sure If He's Roboticized Or Where,But This Is The Zone,So I'm Looking For Him Here.Sonia Tried A Spin,But The Swatbots Shot Glue And Captured Her.Bartlby Saved Her.

jkid101094

So I think everyone is missing a big point here. Amy, Tails and Knuckles in Unleashed style game play.

My mind is full of fuck.

Quote from: DracoDraco:  Saber was my bitch LONG before you heard about her.  I introduced you to FSN, loser.  D<
Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

Says you. She likes me more. D<
And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

silver13

I really hope this is true, I've been waiting for other characters for a long time. I don't even care if it's the boost gameplay or not.

TheSonicGamer201X

Quote from: silver13 on January 24, 2013, 02:21:37 PM
I really hope this is true, I've been waiting for other characters for a long time. I don't even care if it's the boost gameplay or not.

This Could Be Sonic Rivals 3.

Reason(s):

The Number of characters.
each characters have their own skill.
The Plot
and The Stages

shadowDOESrock

Quote from: TheSonicGamer201X on January 25, 2013, 02:05:14 PM
This Could Be Sonic Rivals 3.

Reason(s):

The Number of characters.
each characters have their own skill.
The Plot
and The Stages

No. Rivals died in the abyss of the PSP and the fact that isnt canon.

Gilly

I'm really excited to see what SEGA has up their sleeves. They've kept pretty quiet about the future of Sonic so I'd love to be able to look forward to something new. Hopefully SEGA stays on the track of making better Sonic games and don't do some stupid gimmick that will kill it.

Shadow84786

I'm looking forward on how Sega would pull this off, plus its good that other characters beside Sonic are playable.

TheSonicGamer201X

Quote from: John Gillis on January 25, 2013, 03:47:40 PM
I'm really excited to see what SEGA has up their sleeves. They've kept pretty quiet about the future of Sonic so I'd love to be able to look forward to something new. Hopefully SEGA stays on the track of making better Sonic games and don't do some stupid gimmick that will kill it.

In February 2nd i will Post the Teaser/Trailer Here or create a new topic as fast as i can!

billyhatcher312

Frozen

What ever happens, as long as mspeed and dspeed still work, the game will be awesome.
Xbox LIVE - Frozen San
NNID - Frozen-san
Steam - Frozen San

Hakudamashi

Quote from: {Your Lovely Kyo}~ on January 25, 2013, 03:41:08 PM
No. Rivals died in the abyss of the PSP and the fact that isnt canon.
THEN HOW THE F*CK DID SILVER COME ABOUT?
OR ELSE!
Compliments to our Goddess for this piece of superspecialawesome!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

jkid101094

Quote from: windlessusher on January 30, 2013, 12:37:08 PM
THEN HOW THE F*CK DID SILVER COME ABOUT?
According to Generations, Sonic '06.

But then again, next Kyo is going to try to tell me SG isn't cannon either. =P

Quote from: DracoDraco:  Saber was my bitch LONG before you heard about her.  I introduced you to FSN, loser.  D<
Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

shadowDOESrock

Quote from: jkid101094 on January 30, 2013, 06:01:13 PM
But then again, next Kyo is going to try to tell me SG isn't cannon either. =P

That, i am not gonna say.

What i am gonna say is that the fact that Silver appears in Generations at the end makes no sense since according to Sonic 06 every event in that game was erased and Silver never went to the past and thus never met Sonic, nor did Crisis City ever exist which also questions why that stage was in the game. Infact, Silver probably shouldnt even exist- and if he did probably with a different personality and and maybe even name.

But no one gives a fuck about the story in a sonic game anyway.

jkid101094

Quote from: {Your Lovely Kyo}~ on January 30, 2013, 07:15:23 PM
That, i am not gonna say.

What i am gonna say is that the fact that Silver appears in Generations at the end makes no sense since according to Sonic 06 every event in that game was erased and Silver never went to the past and thus never met Sonic, nor did Crisis City ever exist which also questions why that stage was in the game. Infact, Silver probably shouldnt even exist- and if he did probably with a different personality and and maybe even name.

But no one gives a fuck about the story in a sonic game anyway.
Well think of it this way. If Sonic '06 never happened Elise could have never put out Iblis' flame to keep Sonic '06 from happening.

It's called a Grandfather Paradox. Look it up. =P

Story-wise or not Sonic '06 did happen, and if SEGA is intent on ignoring the entire thing then Sonic Rush happened too.

Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

shadowDOESrock

Quote from: jkid101094 on January 30, 2013, 07:44:33 PM
Well think of it this way. If Sonic '06 never happened Elise could have never put out Iblis' flame to keep Sonic '06 from happening.

It's called a Grandfather Paradox. Look it up. =P

Story-wise or not Sonic '06 did happen, and if SEGA is intent on ignoring the entire thing then Sonic Rush happened too.

And thats why Sonic Team should hire REAL writers.

jkid101094

Quote from: {Your Lovely Kyo}~ on January 30, 2013, 08:12:00 PM
And thats why Sonic Team should hire REAL writers.
But then classic fans would bitch that Sonic doesn't need a deep story.

...oh...wait...

Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

SmashFinale

Sonic 06 happened. Deal with it.

And who the fuck is saying that Sonic Rush and Sonic Rivals never happened? Because if you are saying that it might be best for you to just leave. They both happened. They are both canon. Don't believe me? Play Sonic Colors!

billyhatcher312

Hakudamashi

OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

shadowDOESrock

billyhatcher312

Quote from: Erik Larsen on January 31, 2013, 12:44:53 PM
i hope that they re-create sonic rush for the 3DS

i do hope that they re-create sonic rush for the 3DS that would be amazing

shadowDOESrock

Quote from: Erik Larsen on February 05, 2013, 01:16:06 PM
i do hope that they re-create sonic rush for the 3DS that would be amazing

you replied to your own message

Hakudamashi

Quote from: {Your Lovely Kyo}~ on February 05, 2013, 12:44:53 AM
With whoever was the Composer for Sonic Rush.
I enjoyed the soundtrack of Sonic Rush Adventure...
OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

billyhatcher312