German Localization Studio Lists Two Sonic Games: Sonic Reboot and Sonic Urals

Started by TheSonicGamer201X, June 24, 2013, 04:30:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheSonicGamer201X

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S33vf6vF3xk&feature=youtu.be

A music, sound design, and localization studio out of Berlin, Germany has listed two Sonic games as projects for 2013, the German website Spindash.de reported today.

Under their 2013 work, the website for Iksample Studio clearly lists two Sonic projects for Sega.  The studio has dubbed the projects Sonic Reboot and Sonic Urals.  Previously, the studio has worked on several other Sega projects, including the localization of Aliens: Colonial Marines and Sonic Generations.  Don’t let the label PC-Spiel-Lokalisationen, or PC game localization in English fool you; several video game series are listed under that label, including projects for Nintendo, which never publishes their games to PC.

However, as seen above, Spindash.de notes that their Generations localization was originally under the Sonic the Hedgehog title, and hypothesizes at least one of the titles mentioned is in fact Sonic Lost World.  That doesn’t change the fact there are two listings seen.  Which entry could fall under Lost World, and which is that new, unknown Sonicâ€"or is it possible both games are new and previously unrevealed.

shadowDOESrock

Hakudamashi

OR ELSE!
Compliments to our Goddess for this piece of superspecialawesome!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

shadowDOESrock

Quote from: windlessusher on June 24, 2013, 07:35:23 AM
That counts as a Sonic game?

Yeah. Both Lost World & Sochi Winter Games are part of the Nintendo/Sega Exclusivity Deal.
We dont know about the 3rd one.

jkid101094

I heard that Sochi wasn't part of the deal, actually. I don't have a source though. Just memory.

Quote from: DracoDraco:  Saber was my bitch LONG before you heard about her.  I introduced you to FSN, loser.  D<
Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

Says you. She likes me more. D<
And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

Hakudamashi

Quote from: {Your Lovely Kyo}~ on June 24, 2013, 07:57:52 AM
Yeah. Both Lost World & Sochi Winter Games are part of the Nintendo/Sega Exclusivity Deal.
We dont know about the 3rd one.
But, that makes it a SEGA published game, not exactly a Sonic game...
OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

shadowDOESrock

Quote from: windlessusher on June 24, 2013, 04:21:18 PM
But, that makes it a SEGA published game, not exactly a Sonic game...

It literally has Sonic in the title. Its a spin-off, but that doesnt make it any less of a sonic game.
It'd be like saying Tingle's Rosy Rupeeland and Links Crossbow Training arent Zelda Games.

Quote from: jkid101094 on June 24, 2013, 04:09:52 PM
I heard that Sochi wasn't part of the deal, actually. I don't have a source though. Just memory.

http://www.videogamer.com/wiiu/sonic_lost_world/news/sega_enters_into_three-title_sonic_exclusivity_agreement_with_nintendo.html

Hakudamashi

Quote from: {Your Lovely Kyo}~ on June 24, 2013, 04:34:06 PM
It literally has Sonic in the title. Its a spin-off, but that doesnt make it any less of a sonic game.
It'd be like saying Tingle's Rosy Rupeeland and Links Crossbow Training arent Zelda Games.
But it's not Link and Balthier's Crossbow Training...
OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay