Super Smash Bros. U / Smash Smash Bros. 3DS

Started by shadowDOESrock, June 22, 2011, 01:33:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

shadowDOESrock

According to the translation, he doesn't feel like a simple extension of Melee and Brawl will work. In other words, Sakurai doesn't want to simply expand stages and character counts, or enhance the graphics and call it a day. That was one of the reasons he didn't simply walk away from a 3DS-based Smash Bros. and work with Wii U.

Currently Sakurai's thought process is focused on the notion that a portable experience is a more personal one. Only one player is likely to be using a portable system, and it might be interesting to allow that player to customize Smash Bros. fighters on the 3DS, which could then be brought over to the larger world of a home console Smash Bros. Sakurai's thinking is that an element of communication between the two versions will make both better.

Sakurai noted he would use Super Smash Bros. Brawl as a starting point and move on from there.

There you have it - some early details on the next two Super Smash Bros. games.

jkid101094

Quote from: Lucyfied~ on June 22, 2011, 01:33:42 PM
Only one player is likely to be using a portable system, and it might be interesting to allow that player to customize Smash Bros. fighters on the 3DS, which could then be brought over to the larger world of a home console Smash Bros.
*explodes with excitement*

Quote from: DracoDraco:  Saber was my bitch LONG before you heard about her.  I introduced you to FSN, loser.  D<
Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

Says you. She likes me more. D<
And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

Elija2

Quote from: Lucyfied~ on June 22, 2011, 01:33:42 PM
and it might be interesting to allow that player to customize Smash Bros. fighters on the 3DS

Looking up Peach's dress...in 3D!

jkid101094

Quote from: Elija2 on June 22, 2011, 02:02:25 PM
I was thinking moreso just giving playable Miis but your idea works too.

Quote from: DracoDraco:  Saber was my bitch LONG before you heard about her.  I introduced you to FSN, loser.  D<
Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

Tanassy

Quote from: Elija2 on June 22, 2011, 02:02:25 PM
It's  a Mario version of dead or alive 3DS >.>

SmashFinale

Quote from: Tana~ on June 22, 2011, 07:50:04 PM
It's  a Mario version of dead or alive 3DS >.>
Dead or Alive is gonna be on 3DS anyways

Hmm... this might be a problem if he decides to put spammy attacks in the game

hedgy

angelbreaker12

shadowDOESrock

Ultramariologan

They need some characters and to remove Olimar. Anyways, Cool.

jkid101094

Quote from: Ultramariologan on June 23, 2011, 02:56:28 PM
They need some characters and to remove Olimar. Anyways, Cool.
No, I like who they have. Why not bring the Melee characters back and edit them a bit? There's no reason to have Young Link and Toon Link, sure, but I'm sure the Big N could come up with SOMETHING.

Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

Tanassy

Quote from: SmashFinale on June 22, 2011, 07:58:27 PM
Dead or Alive is gonna be on 3DS anyways

Yes. and it's gonna have underage chicks with jiggly boobs and a character editor that lets you look up skirts. just saying.
Oh and it's probably gonna be banned in about four countries.

shadowDOESrock

Quote from: Tana~ on June 24, 2011, 09:44:20 AM
Yes. and it's gonna have underage chicks with jiggly boobs and a character editor that lets you look up skirts. just saying.
Oh and it's probably gonna be banned in about four countries.

You could do that since DoA 1.
It just looked like shit.

TheGameNinja

DR. MARIO PL0X KTHXBAI

But seriously, I'd like it if the game handled a bit more like Melee. Brawl handled fine, but Melee just... "felt better" I guess?

shadowDOESrock

Quote from: TheGameNinja on June 24, 2011, 11:35:08 AM
DR. MARIO PL0X KTHXBAI

But seriously, I'd like it if the game handled a bit more like Melee. Brawl handled fine, but Melee just... "felt better" I guess?

there was no punch impact. :/