Super Smash Bros. U / Smash Smash Bros. 3DS

Started by shadowDOESrock, June 22, 2011, 01:33:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jkid101094

Quote from: Crystal Candy on October 24, 2014, 03:22:10 AM
1 Game. They're the same game, but two different versions, and that's a fact, actually.
There's enough differences between them to set them a part. That makes them two different games, in my opinion.

I'm not paying $60 for the 3DS Version just to get the complete game, nor am I going to buy fighting game were character DLC is announced before release.
It's only $40 for 3DS games and not only that it's not like they removed content from the Wii U version just so that the 3DS version would be unique. The "full game" is right there on the disc or cartridge.

If you're talking about Mewtwo (who is a free bonus character to reward loyal fans), then you'll probably be able to buy him separately for $2 - $5 a month or so after everyone else has gotten him for free.

Looks like I'll be waiting for the Game of the Year Edition.
Unless the Smash Bros. 6 that Namco is apparently hiring for is the GotY Edition I can assure you you won't be getting one.

Quote from: DracoDraco:  Saber was my bitch LONG before you heard about her.  I introduced you to FSN, loser.  D<
Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

Says you. She likes me more. D<
And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

Hakudamashi

It's technically announced post release, the 3DS ver. is out
And it's a character that's still being worked on, they only got a model done and he ain't gonna be "finished" till next year.
It's not like your regular Day 1 DLC where the content is finished before release and then held back for extra money.

It's very likely they said anything at all because people won't shut up about Mewtwo and DLC, so they felt they had to show something.
OR ELSE!
Compliments to our Goddess for this piece of superspecialawesome!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

shadowDOESrock

Quote from: jkid101094 on October 24, 2014, 03:30:38 AM
There's enough differences between them to set them a part. That makes them two different games, in my opinion.

Nintendo treates them as versions as well.

It's only $40 for 3DS games and not only that it's not like they removed content from the Wii U version just so that the 3DS version would be unique. The "full game" is right there on the disc or cartridge.

Nintendo sells 3DS Games at console price here. You might think that's because of Inflation or something, but no. Sony sells them at $40.

Smash Bros. 6 that Namco is apparently hiring

Wait, what?

I can assure you you won't be getting one.

Then I'll just wont buy it all - or rather: I'll wait until it's very cheap. Worked well for Castlevania Lords of Shadow 2, Saints Row 4, Dark Souls and Civilization 5.

I'm sure I can get a cheap used copy of Smash U by the time the DLC packs roll out.
And besides, Nintendo only just has started doing proper DLC packs. We don't know if Mario Kart 8 or Hyrule Warriors will be getting complete editions.

If you're talking about Mewtwo (who is a free bonus character to reward loyal fans), then you'll probably be able to buy him separately for $2 - $5 a month or so after everyone else has gotten him for free.

Price drop it is. Besides, where one DLC lurks around, another will as well.

Quote from: Hakudamashi on October 24, 2014, 03:33:37 AM
It's not like your regular Day 1 DLC where the content is finished before release and then held back for extra money.

The regular Day 1 DLC at least usually can be bought at no extra cost if you pre-order/buy on day one.

Hakudamashi

Quote from: Crystal Candy on October 24, 2014, 04:07:08 AM
The regular Day 1 DLC at least usually can be bought at no extra cost if you pre-order/buy on day one.
Except this isn't Day 1 DLC, so that wouldn't exactly work.
So I guess you'd rather them have said nothing till next year.
OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

shadowDOESrock

Quote from: Hakudamashi on October 24, 2014, 04:12:15 AM
So I guess you'd rather them have said nothing till next year.

Yes, and also no.

I understand the production pipeline of a game and that most DLC starts production before release, but another issue I have on is that this is a fighting game. DLC Weapons and Characters never ever worked out well for multiplayer ever.

It was already horrible to play against people who had Marie Rose on DoA5 Ultimate.

I wouldn't even care if this was a stage or a bunch of skins.

Hakudamashi

Quote from: Crystal Candy on October 24, 2014, 04:25:01 AM
I understand the production pipeline of a game and that most DLC starts production before release, but another issue I have on is that this is a fighting game. DLC Weapons and Characters never ever worked out well for multiplayer ever.

It was already horrible to play against people who had Marie Rose on DoA5 Ultimate.

I wouldn't even care if this was a stage or a bunch of skins.
I completely agree with this
But ack, what'cha gonna do? I love Smash too much to give a fuck about principles.

OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

shadowDOESrock

also I'd like to mention that I'll probably have calmed down in approximately 3 days.

Hakudamashi

OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

jkid101094

Nintendo treates them as versions as well.
Wait, what?
I guess since I frequent a Smash Forum I'm a bit more informed than you are. I apologize. :P

Sakurai has outright stated that he considers Smash for 3DS the 4th game and Smash for Wii U the 5th game in the series. On top of this Namco apparently put out job applications for an alleged, "Smash 6" beginning sometime in 2015.

Nintendo sells 3DS Games at console price here. You might think that's because of Inflation or something, but no. Sony sells them at $40.
Oh I see. I wasn't aware of that. I thought you were just being silly.

Then I'll just wont buy it all - or rather: I'll wait until it's very cheap. Worked well for Castlevania Lords of Shadow 2, Saints Row 4, Dark Souls and Civilization 5.

I'm sure I can get a cheap used copy of Smash U by the time the DLC packs roll out.
And besides, Nintendo only just has started doing proper DLC packs. We don't know if Mario Kart 8 or Hyrule Warriors will be getting complete editions.

All I can really say about this is that we'll just have to wait and see. I would bet my virginity on there not being a complete edition, though. The same on Mewtwo being sold separately for both games later on.

Quote from: DracoDraco:  Saber was my bitch LONG before you heard about her.  I introduced you to FSN, loser.  D<
Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

shadowDOESrock

Quote from: jkid101094 on October 24, 2014, 04:39:47 AM
I guess since I frequent a Smash Forum I'm a bit more informed than you are. I apologize. :P

Sakurai has outright stated that he considers Smash for 3DS the 4th game and Smash for Wii U the 5th game in the series. On top of this Namco apparently put out job applications for an alleged, "Smash 6" beginning sometime in 2015.

Not sure if I should be excited or throw it into the false rumour bin...

All I can really say about this is that we'll just have to wait and see. I would bet my virginity on there not being a complete edition, though.

Does that mean you want the complete edition to exist?

The same on Mewtwo being sold separately for both games later on.

Eh... https://twitter.com/NintendoUK/status/52541536024239308
That pretty much confirms it's paid DLC.

But as I said, i'll probably be over this by the time the next week starts. >_>

jkid101094

Quote from: Crystal Candy on October 24, 2014, 04:56:55 AM
Does that mean you want the complete edition to exist?
I want Nintendo to learn from Media Molecule and do the things they do right, however, I'd much rather see them put DLC on sale or in bundles then have them put out a GotY Edition because it's bad business practice to do so.

If your customers know that a GotY Edition is coming they aren't going to pay for the base game. That is not an assumption, that is a fact. The only people that will buy the base game are those who can't wait to play it. Having on disc DLC also raises a few problems game side as MM have shown such as it loading from the disc and not being stored on your account. This means if the disc gets scratched or lost not only do you lose a $40 game but you also lose all the DLC that came with it and depending on the game some of those special editions can become impossible to find.

Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

Elija2

Quote from: Crystal Candy on October 24, 2014, 03:00:03 AM
mfw

hahahaha paid character dlc announced before release hahahaha im out bye

You would rather the DLC be announced after the game is out? What difference would that make?

shadowDOESrock

Quote from: Elija2 on October 24, 2014, 07:11:02 AM
You would rather the DLC be announced after the game is out? What difference would that make?

read the rest of the posts.

Elija2

Quote from: Crystal Candy on October 24, 2014, 07:49:12 AM
read the rest of the posts.

So you're going to wait for a Game of the Year edition just because the game has DLC? From a company that has historically never lowered the prices of their games until years later, you're expecting them to sell the game with all the DLC included at a discount?

shadowDOESrock

Quote from: Elija2 on October 24, 2014, 07:56:49 AM
So you're going to wait for a Game of the Year edition just because the game has DLC? From a company that has historically never lowered the prices of their games until years later, you're expecting them to sell the game with all the DLC included at a discount?

*sigh*