Forgotten Reviews: Mega Man Battle Network 2

Started by The Forgotten Alex, July 24, 2013, 11:58:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Forgotten Alex

"Hey Alex, dont you think that reviewing 2 games of the same series in the same day is a bad idea?
"No."

Here we are, the second (third?) installment in the Battle Network series, let us get right to it shall we?

MINOR SPOILERS IN THE PLOT COMING

~THE STORY~

It's been a while since the WWW, a netcrime organization, was defeated by Lan Hikari, an 11 year old 5th grader, and his NetNavi, Megaman. Also having a little help from his friends: Mayl Sakurai, Yai Ayanokoji, Dex Oyama, and others such as Higsby. It's the last day of school for the kids of ACDC Elementary, and they're ready to get out of school and enjoy their vacation.

However, danger does not rest, for a new danger has appeared, the criminal organization knows only as Gospel has rised, and it's up to Lan and Megaman to save the day, and possibly the world, again!

~Gameplay~

This game, being the sequel to the first, manages to take everything from Battle Network 1, and completely improve on it.

I MEAN COME ON, LOOK AT THAT SNAZZY NEW NET!

The Network is now vastly improved from the first game, it's a bit more straightfoward instead of being somewhat confusing.

OH MY GOD IT'S SO SEXY ASDFGHKL;-

Now with more diverse viruses, and tons of new Battle Chips and Navis to fight, you will have a real blast with this game! There are all different types of Chip codes for your chips, but now there's an added * code, which can be used with any other chip to create some powerful strategies with your folder.

A thing I forgot to mention in the last game are powerful combinations called Program Advances. Program Advances happen when you combine 3 chips in a certain order to create one powerful chip, usually dealing a TON of damage to the enemy! Wouldnt you just love a giant sword swipe that takes away 400 HP from your enemy? Also new to the game is a special mechanic called a Style Change!

DID SOMEBODY SAY TORNADO SHIELDS!? I MEAN WHOOPS!

Style Changes are, what the name implies, changes in Megaman that can always affect you for the better. From 4 different elements, Heat, Aqua, Wood, and Elec, to 4 different types, there's a bunch of combinations you can make!

~THE MUSIC~
The music in this game is a MAJOR improvement from the first game, and to this day it even holds some of my favorite tracks. For a Gameboy Advance game, it's pretty damn great!

~THE GRAPHICS~
Some of the areas are pretty nice to look at and point out visual details, but all in all, you shouldnt expect from from a Gameboy Advance game, am I right?

Did I mention they were in this game too? But yeah, sometimes worth looking at, sometimes not worth looking at, i'll leave you to be the judge of that.

~SOME POINTS~

Pros:
  • Majorly improves elements from the first game
  • Characters are a lot more interesting
  • New Locations, new Navis with Battle Strategies that will have you on your toes
  • Great story, great music, great gameplay, asdfgjkl;

Cons:
  • A few scenarios or so can get pretty repetitive
  • You can go into stronger areas without warning, which could cause problems

~ITS DA FINAL VERDICT~
Overall, I would have to give this game a good, solid...
9/10
For improving EVERYTHING they did on the first one, and adding in extras to spice it up even more, Battle Network 2 is a game you would certainly want to have in your collection.

TUNE IN NEXT TIME FOR:
MEGA MAN BATTLE NETWORK 3: BLUE/WHITE

People asked.